Coldfuzion's Mecca

Coldfuzion's Mecca
Posted on: 11.01.2012 by Carlee Pickard
As most of you know my journey as a DJ / Producer began here on DJTT a little over a year ago (October of 2010). Here's a timeline of all the gear I have acquired since then.

My first piece of gear ever was the S4 (got it a few days before it's official release through Guitar Center and felt super cool about that ).

A about a month after that it was Black Friday and I decided to pick up a few more goodies to add to my S4. The Maschine, and a 2TB external hard drive.

After that I was believeing about slowing down on spending money on this insanely expensive hobby and just when I thought I didn't need / want to spend more money someone on here posted that Guitar Center was having this killer deal on monitors - the KRKs - so I picked those up as well at $89 a pop.

Then after that I added a few tid bids here and there such as a Midifighter (sold it - but you can see a picture of it in my "DT Studios" picture at the bottom), MidiFighter Pro, (White) Kontrol X1, Novation SL49 MK II, RODE NT2-A, Komplete Audio 6, HDJ 2000s, AKG K702, iPad 2 and Ableton Suite.

About 9 months ago I joined up with an old friend to produce music with him, as well as one of his other friends who raps. We work on music almost all the time whenever we have free time, and it's something we all would kill to do as a career. We came together and formed a small label / group that we dubbed "DT Records" A.K.A. Dream Team records. After working non-stop for a few months (literally 7+ hours a evening since we all have jobs / go to school) we released our first mix tape (which you guys can check out here www.djkunal.com/dtrecords). My Dad listened to a few of our tracks and was happy with the work I (we) had done, and surprised me by picking up Ableton Suite 8 for me. Here's a picture of DT Records studio where I spend a lot of my time as well, it's in my friends garage. That window you see in the picture is looking into the vocal booth. It is a proper booth we made in his garage. It's literally a room we created in one corner. It's fully equipped on the inside with everything from multiple headsets, to foam (sound absorbing), to multiple microphones as well as a monitor so who ever is inside can see lyrics either on the 23" screen we have in there, or put it on a music stand inside. You can also see my old MidiFighter on the left underneath the laptop.

Betsy Orsillo
nice setup!! ... love those red krks!!!
Carlee Pickard
Originally Posted by padi_04
I don't see (your) iPad
Padi, the second to last picture has the iPad in it - before DT Records.

Edit: Ahh, I see what you did there. Hahaha pretty much jacked it from her.

Originally Posted by Dj Havik
ahaahah love it, also love your gear, have you ever thought about making the ikea dj booth, it looks like all or your stuff is cramed a bit
Thanks man. It is a bit crammed, I was setup in the garage but I feel a lot more creative in my room. A lot more creative space I feel. Jus gotta work with the space I have for now I guess. :I And thanks .
Georgiann Bayze
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
-Last reserved spot! If I need more than this, well then I need to stop buying gear-
ahaahah love it, also love your gear, have you ever thought about making the ikea dj booth, it looks like all or your stuff is cramed a bit
Nedra Fresneda
I don't see (your) iPad

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy