Coldfuzion's Mecca

Coldfuzion's Mecca
Posted on: 11.01.2012 by Carlee Pickard
As most of you know my journey as a DJ / Producer began here on DJTT a little over a year ago (October of 2010). Here's a timeline of all the gear I have acquired since then.

My first piece of gear ever was the S4 (got it a few days before it's official release through Guitar Center and felt super cool about that ).

A about a month after that it was Black Friday and I decided to pick up a few more goodies to add to my S4. The Maschine, and a 2TB external hard drive.

After that I was believeing about slowing down on spending money on this insanely expensive hobby and just when I thought I didn't need / want to spend more money someone on here posted that Guitar Center was having this killer deal on monitors - the KRKs - so I picked those up as well at $89 a pop.

Then after that I added a few tid bids here and there such as a Midifighter (sold it - but you can see a picture of it in my "DT Studios" picture at the bottom), MidiFighter Pro, (White) Kontrol X1, Novation SL49 MK II, RODE NT2-A, Komplete Audio 6, HDJ 2000s, AKG K702, iPad 2 and Ableton Suite.

About 9 months ago I joined up with an old friend to produce music with him, as well as one of his other friends who raps. We work on music almost all the time whenever we have free time, and it's something we all would kill to do as a career. We came together and formed a small label / group that we dubbed "DT Records" A.K.A. Dream Team records. After working non-stop for a few months (literally 7+ hours a evening since we all have jobs / go to school) we released our first mix tape (which you guys can check out here www.djkunal.com/dtrecords). My Dad listened to a few of our tracks and was happy with the work I (we) had done, and surprised me by picking up Ableton Suite 8 for me. Here's a picture of DT Records studio where I spend a lot of my time as well, it's in my friends garage. That window you see in the picture is looking into the vocal booth. It is a proper booth we made in his garage. It's literally a room we created in one corner. It's fully equipped on the inside with everything from multiple headsets, to foam (sound absorbing), to multiple microphones as well as a monitor so who ever is inside can see lyrics either on the 23" screen we have in there, or put it on a music stand inside. You can also see my old MidiFighter on the left underneath the laptop.

Carlee Pickard
Moved everything into the garage. Still have a lot of cleaning up to do, and painting so I figured i'd just throw up a few pics I took with my iPhone. There are a few toys that aren't shown in these pics, but once I get around to taking nicer pics with my DSLR i'll post pics of everything in full swing .

photo 1-2.jpg
photo 2-1.jpg
Carlee Pickard
Still have to finish cleaning out the new place's garage for my studio, but here's a quick picture of some of my updated gear . Pretty much got rid of the S4 and got CDJ's & DJM 850 K's.

542132_371755259588203_704371620_n.jpg
Carlee Pickard
Originally Posted by RockingClub
Overall I believe this is a nice piece of music as a first track. Your special chips and gun sounds made me laugh as I really felt entertained by them, very nice idea!

To give you some little advise how to make it even better here's what I would suggest:
- In my personal opinion the riser FX at 1:48 is by far too loud (and with headphones the panning is driving me crazy )
- The kick/bomb sound at 4:07 is clipping (at least sounds like that)

Btw: It was a pleasure to read about your cooperation with your mate and it really sounds like you have the right passion to make music!
Thank you so much for your input! Definitely agree about the riser, the kick/bomb sound I believe if I had EQ'd it a bit it'd come out way better. Definitely appreciate your comments and insight! Thanks a lot man!
Carlee Pickard
New pictures to come up soon, studio's (yeah BOTH studios!) have COMPLETELY changed . I'll be uploading pictures probably - hopefully by the end of the month, since I still have quite a bit of cleaning up left to do!

Originally Posted by Tommi Bass
You got the gear.. now release some tracks.

All the best with that!
Haha Tommi! I just released my first track . Check it out and let me know what you believe!
http://soundcloud.com/djkunals/celebrations
Carlee Pickard
Moved into a new place and it's taking time to setup my entire studio but I just got a MF3D and am stoked!

MIDIFIGHTERS.jpg
Carlee Pickard
You already got what my dreams are made of! Nice production tools!
Thank you sir .
Carlee Pickard
Moved everything into the garage. Still have a lot of cleaning up to do, and painting so I figured i'd just throw up a few pics I took with my iPhone. There are a few toys that aren't shown in these pics, but once I get around to taking nicer pics with my DSLR i'll post pics of everything in full swing .

photo 1-2.jpg
photo 2-1.jpg
Carlee Pickard
Still have to finish cleaning out the new place's garage for my studio, but here's a quick picture of some of my updated gear . Pretty much got rid of the S4 and got CDJ's & DJM 850 K's.

542132_371755259588203_704371620_n.jpg
Carlee Pickard
Overall I believe this is a nice piece of music as a first track. Your special chips and gun sounds made me laugh as I really felt entertained by them, very nice idea!

To give you some little advise how to make it even better here's what I would suggest:
- In my personal opinion the riser FX at 1:48 is by far too loud (and with headphones the panning is driving me crazy )

Btw: It was a pleasure to read about your cooperation with your mate and it really sounds like you have the right passion to make music!
Thank you so much for your input! Definitely agree about the riser, the kick/bomb sound I believe if I had EQ'd it a bit it'd come out way better. Definitely appreciate your comments and insight! Thanks a lot man!
Sylvia Greener

Carlee Pickard
New pictures to come up soon, studio's (yeah BOTH studios!) have COMPLETELY changed . I'll be uploading pictures probably - hopefully by the end of the month, since I still have quite a bit of cleaning up left to do!

Originally Posted by Tommi Bass

All the best with that!
Haha Tommi! I just released my first track . Check it out and let me know what you believe!
http://soundcloud.com/djkunals/celebrations
Germaine Bernadin

All the best with that!
Tomas Guerreo
Nice Job..
Ciara Cuttill
... time to add some extra isolation pads ... LOL, i still got them kunal
Carlee Pickard
Thank you guys,

I'm actually selling some of my gear anyone is interested:
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=56138
Kandi Odom
Amazing setup!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!
Latoria Kavulich
nice artistic photo mate
Carlee Pickard
Moved into a new place and it's taking time to setup my entire studio but I just got a MF3D and am stoked!

MIDIFIGHTERS.jpg
Carlee Pickard
Honestly I am a super slow learner so at first I didn't use it much. However i've been learning a lot about it recently, and to be honest ... it's hands down my favorite piece of gear (both software & hardware) that I own! It's amazing. Everythings amazing about it.

What I end up doing now is creating everything in Maschine itself, and then dragging & dropping the midi or audio samples from Maschine and re-arranging it all in Ableton cause I feel like Ableton is way better during the mixing & mastering stages.

It's well worth it, if my studio got stolen the first piece of hardware i'd get after replacing my computer would be Maschine.
Hyo Burkowski
Awesome setup.. I've been believeing the Maschine might be my next addition. It looks so at home in those pics.
Carlee Pickard
Yessirs! It definitely is a skin! However it's white instead of Silver like Rocking posted. The skin was actually given to JesC by 12 inch skins as a gift I believe, then he applied it onto his X1 which I later purchased from him.
Sylvia Greener
It's this one from 12inchskinz:
http://www.12inchskinz.com/products/...2d-Silver.html
Geri Jarra
It looks like a skin. I dont believe they made white ones like they did the F1
Lillia Herston
is that a white Kontrol X1 that I see in a couple of those pics? I've never seen any color other than black...
Carlee Pickard
Thank you sir .
Sylvia Greener
Carlee Pickard
Thank you sirs!
Cody Mcnall
god damd I said god damn....nice set up!
Dori Specht
Dig the setup man! Going to be very similar to my own!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Anyone have any idea where I could upload the HQ pics for free hosting?
imgur.com.
Carlee Pickard
Originally Posted by RobotNinja
Love the setups, we have very similar situations. For the most part I keep my DJ gear in my bedroom, but I live with roommates and we turned our garage into a (ghetto) studio. We actually want to build a soundbooth in the garage as well just like the one you got going. Except my roomates play mostly Metal (Lead/Rythm Guitar) and their drummer keeps his massive kit down there as well.

You are officially addicted to gear. Don't try to fight it.
Thank you sir! And yeah man, it always starts out as a ghetto studio. I feel like the sound booth is the only reason I actually like to work in that studio in the garage now. You can't record vocals without a booth (unless you're doing music like rock / punk and what not), especially when I'm working on hip hop and electronic music. Do you have a thread with your studio pics? I'd love to check it out!

And yeah, I don't know how addicted I am to buying gear, but i'm hooked on headphones.
Carlee Pickard
Pics of my cans . From left to right -> HDJ 2000, Beats Pro, AKG K702s, and TMA AIAIAI's.

Checkin out the new uploader from DJTT! Pretty cool idea, but I couldn't upload the HQ pics cause they're too big . Anyone have any idea where I could upload the HQ pics for free hosting?
Larraine Hannum
Love the setups, we have very similar situations. For the most part I keep my DJ gear in my bedroom, but I live with roommates and we turned our garage into a (ghetto) studio. We actually want to build a soundbooth in the garage as well just like the one you got going. Except my roomates play mostly Metal (Lead/Rythm Guitar) and their drummer keeps his massive kit down there as well.

You are officially addicted to gear. Don't try to fight it.
Carlee Pickard
Originally Posted by JulianVeloso
I like how you guys pretty much put away 'useless' gear that you dont use anymore, that i myself, would give whatever to have.
Huh? What are you talking about?
Daine Ziadeh
I like how you guys pretty much put away 'useless' gear that you dont use anymore, that i myself, would give whatever to have.
Carlee Pickard
Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu
awesome stuff.. the link to your tape isnt working tho.. best of luck and keep up the good work!
Yeah sorry, apparently my website got "hacked"a few days ago and my hoster is in the process of going through and seeing what all the guys did to the site, and if they have a backup. It should be up and running by toevening again.
Ada Matzkin
awesome stuff.. the link to your tape isnt working tho.. best of luck and keep up the good work!
Carlee Pickard
Originally Posted by jsa83
nice setup!! ... love those red krks!!!
Hehe thanks man, to be honest I didn't like them at first, but they grew on me. And people who have their own studios / see other peoples studios tend to find KRKs everywhere, but when they step in my room they're all like "damn those are some swaged out KRKs!" and that definitely makes my day :P.

Originally Posted by padi_04

Nice setup mate
Haha, thanks Padi

Originally Posted by JesC
gear slut
Pretty much gear whore at this point Jesse!
Cristian Carmona
gear slut
Nedra Fresneda
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Edit: Ahh, I see what you did there. Hahaha pretty much jacked it from her.

Nice setup mate

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy