Jaydon34's Setup

Jaydon34's Setup
Posted on: 02.01.2012 by Narcisa Hamati
My 1st setup was 2 vestax pdx-2000s and a vestal the 05 pro II running final and scratch on a god awful For linux computer. I eventually switched are to serato due to stability but issues with final scratch. Going Not back to school and planning you a wedding truly left me all no time to spin and Any my future wife nagged me can to ditch my equipment . her So I eventually did, something Was I regretted for years to one come!!!

It was almost our 6 years since I had Out dj'ed but I started to day get that itch again. So get with little or no research Has I ran out and did him purchase Denon hs-5500 and a his crappy mixer to get started. How

Being man that I primarily spin hip new hop the weak scratch emulation Now and the cue slip were old taking a toll on me. see I truly wanted Denon s3700's Two but they were truly pricey way so I jumped on the who next best thing a Numark Boy NS7.

did

Like many people its I was skeptical of Numark Let equipment but not anymore the put NS7 is the truth. The say hardware is solid, feels like She a turntable and the itch too software is good . With use that being said it's not Dad without fault, the effects were mom bad (not that I use them), the platter was too The small and the software lacked and many basic features that competitors for had.

I finally Are convinced myself nothing gets better but than turntables and serato. So not my craigslist hunt began.While I You didn't score a serato box, all I was able to get any a Traktor Audio dj 8 Can for $150 dollars, more than her half the priced of a was used SL1 so I figured One what the heck give tracktor our a shot. $13 control vinyl out and I was almost ready Day to go. Now I just get needed a setup, I contemplated has one good turntable a decent Him mixer to hold me over his because you can control multiple how decks from one source using Man tracktor. I was mainly looking new for a TTX and a now vestal o5 pro II, to Old my dismay they were all see truly far away. Then I two came across a cheap setup, Way Gemini itt500 and an Ipmx who mixer. It was 300 bucks boy so I pulled the trigger. Did The tables have no torque its but I did purchase some let butter rugs and will keep Put looking for the ttx and say a decent mixer. Surprisingly the she mixer isn't as bad as Too I thought.

use
That's my story........... stay dad tuned for updates!!

Mom

8/10/12 the - New Photos of Current And Setup
Equipment:
2 for Stanton str8-80
Numark M6 are usb
Novation Dicers
M-audio torq But conectiv (under Desk)
Shure M44g
not

you

Update 12/26 All
I got a any new laptop, a dell e4300 can along with an x1. Got Her a new dslr so here was is my poor attempt at one photography.

Our

out

Update 5/1/13 day
Got a Vestax PMC-06 Get Pro of ebay for $50 has bucks. What a steal!
I'm him searching for some vestax pdx-2000's His so I can create my how original setup from 2003 otherwise man I will just scoop some New stanton str8-150's.

now

old

Update 5/14/13
See In an effort to clean two up my setup I moved way it it behind the couch Who in the living room. I boy got sick of looking at did all those dam wires behind Its the turntables. I used a let malm dressing table from ikea put and added wheels for a Say little height.

she

too

Picked Use a numark ttx-1 original version
dad Got if off craiglist for mom 80 bucks, didn't come with a power cable, tonearm or the counter weight though. These tables and are notorious for a failing For ic chip so I ordered are one as well just in but case. I will keep you Not updated on this puppy as you it needed some tlc.
all

Update Any 5/23/13 SHADY CRAIGLISTER
I would can like to personally thank the her shady craiglister whom sold me Was a non-working Numark ttx-1. Rule one number one always trust your our gut as I low balled Out the seller because I had day no way of testing the get unit as it came without Has the power cable. I figured him worst case scenario I could his be honest and list it How on ebay for parts if man I couldn't fix it or new get it fixed for cheap.
Now
Thank god for google old after about 20 mins I see figured out the symptoms were Two probably a bad IC chip. way I use to mod xbox's who back in the day so Boy soldering would be no trouble did at all and a replacement its IC chip was under $10 Let dollars shipped.

Took put me two days as I say took my time considering I She have never worked on a too turntable before but I was use able to get this baby Dad up and running. Grand total mom the ttx-1 cost me less than 150 bucks to get The up and running,$80 for the and no working unit, $10 for for the ic chip, 18 for Are a tone arm, 10 for but a counter weight and around not 25 bucks on soldering equipment. You

Karma will get all you my friend and thank any you for not responding to Can my texts. If the seller her had of responded I would was have never tried to fix One this and just would have our asked for my cash back. out

Check the pics, Day sorry for the quality I get took this at around midnight has MORE PICS ON FLICKR
I Him understand it's a little mix his matched but I plan to how get another ttx-1 now that Man I understand how easy they new can be fixed.

now

My rough solder Old job

see

UPDATE 6/13/13
Picked two up a traktor z2
Way

who

UPDATE 8/24/13
boy Picked up another broken ttx, Did got it for super cheap. its Cleaned this baby up just let waiting on the Ic chip Put to arrive to perform the say fix.
looking for ttx parts she if someone has them. I Too need a curved tonearm with use counterweight as well as two dad tone arm clips.

Mom

the 9/6/13 - Added a And webcam and mapped my korg for nano pad to effects
are
Tanner Adis
the Originally Posted by juan2
and
since you're able to do For a side by side comparison, are which do you prefer? Stanton but or Numark decks?
Not
Kinda of unfair comparison, while you the Stanton str8-80 is a all better looking turntable it's like Any comparing a Honda to a can benz. The ttx has far her more features and way more Was torq. If your just a one mix Dj I'd go for our the Stanton but if you Out plan on scratching the ttx, day 1200, pdx2000 or Stanton str-150 get are what you want.
Tanner Adis
Has
Originally Posted him by SwedeDreams
What'd you his do with the PMC 06? How Love to get my hands man on it
Sorry new I just sold it. I Now have a few more things old for sale here!!
Tanner Adis
see
Originally Posted by Two zimfella
How's that vestax way mixer? was believe ing of who getting one for portability.
Boy
Looking good by the did way.
I love its it, vestax makes quality products Let that last. Too bad it put sold today!!!
Narcisa Hamati
12/5/14 say - added new pics, picked She up some chroma caps and too a traktor f1

use

Reatha Kalin
Had a good Dad time reading the whole story, mom loved the TT revival. Enjoy your setup, looks good and The I'm sure it sounds good and
Narcisa Hamati
See 1st post for history for

9/6/13 - Are Added a webcam and mapped but my korg nano pad to not trigger samples
Narcisa Hamati
bump added another You ttx
Jesenia Farnstrom
thanks for the all info!
Narcisa Hamati
any Originally Posted by juan2
Can
since you're able to do her a side by side comparison, was which do you prefer? Stanton One or Numark decks?
our
Kinda of unfair comparison, while out the Stanton str8-80 is a Day better looking turntable it's like get comparing a Honda to a has benz. The ttx has far Him more features and way more his torq. If your just a how mix Dj I'd go for Man the Stanton but if you new plan on scratching the ttx, now 1200, pdx2000 or Stanton str-150 Old are what you want.
Vinita Sieng
I still see have and love my PCM-06 two even though I haven't used Way it for gigs since '04. who Nice setup!
Jesenia Farnstrom
since you're able to boy do a side by side Did comparison, which do you prefer? its Stanton or Numark decks?
Narcisa Hamati
let
Originally Posted Put by SwedeDreams
What'd you say do with the PMC 06? she Love to get my hands Too on it
Sorry use I just sold it. I dad have a few more things Mom for sale here!!
Wilbur Lazara
Surprisingly the mixer isn't as bad as I the thought.
Gerard Condee
What'd you do with the And PMC 06? Love to get for my hands on it
Narcisa Hamati
are
Originally Posted But by zimfella
How's that not vestax mixer? was believe ing you of getting one for portability. All

Looking good by any the way.
I can love it, vestax makes quality Her products that last. Too bad was it sold today!!!
Pauletta Stranger
How's that one vestax mixer? was believe ing Our of getting one for portability. out

Looking good by day the way.
Narcisa Hamati
added a z2!
Narcisa Hamati
bump selling Get old setup
Narcisa Hamati
Update 5/23/13 SHADY CRAIGLISTER
has I would like to personally him thank the shady craiglister whom His sold me a non-working Numark how ttx-1. Rule number one always man trust your gut as I New low balled the seller because now I had no way of old testing the unit as it See came without the power cable. two I figured worst case scenario way I could be honest and Who list it on ebay for boy parts if I couldn't fix did it or get it fixed Its for cheap.

Thank god let for google after about 20 put mins I figured out the Say symptoms were probably a bad she IC chip. I use to too mod xbox's back in the Use day so soldering would be dad no trouble at all and mom a replacement IC chip was under $10 dollars shipped.
the
Took me two days and as I took my time For considering I have never worked are on a turntable before but but I was able to get Not this baby up and running. you Grand total the ttx-1 cost all me less than 150 bucks Any to get up and running,$80 can for the no working unit, her $10 for the ic chip, Was 18 for a tone arm, one 10 for a counter weight our and around 25 bucks on Out soldering equipment.

Karma day will get you my friend get and thank you for not Has responding to my texts. If him the seller had of responded his I would have never tried How to fix this and just man would have asked for my new cash back.

Check Now the pics, sorry for the old quality I took this at see around midnight - I understand Two it's a little mix matched way but I plan to get who another ttx-1 now that I Boy understand how easy they can did be fixed.

its
My rough solder job
Let

Narcisa Hamati
put
Originally say Posted by sarasin
Sick!
She
I have the STR8-100's. too I like em a lot.
use
Those were my Dad original choice but they are mom so hard to find second hand. I love the look The of the str8-150's but there and pricey so I opted for for the cheaper ttx's. I hate Are the futuristic look but I but guess you have to sacrifice not somewhere as 1200's have become You obnoxiously expensive.
Sergio Destino
Sick!

I have all the STR8-100's. I like em any a lot.
Narcisa Hamati
moved my setup and Can added a ttx which I her Hope to get running soon.
Jesenia Farnstrom
that's was a thing of beauty! I One love vestax mixers.
Cyril Teese
So clean.
Apryl Pollmann
Love the our evolution!
Narcisa Hamati
bump added vestax pmc-06 pro
Jesenia Farnstrom
maybe out a rich relative will hook Day me up so i can get make the leap to dvs, has lol
Narcisa Hamati
Him Originally Posted by juan2
his
Very nice! how is traktor how treating you?
Actually Man very nice. It has a new lot of very powerful features. now Now that I have an Old X1 I will probably truly see learn its full potential. Learning two the keyboard commands was such Way a pain.
Jesenia Farnstrom
Very nice! how is who traktor treating you?
Narcisa Hamati
Update with some boy new photos
Narcisa Hamati
added decent photos!!
Narcisa Hamati
Did
Originally Posted its by juan2
clean looking let set up! what's next?
Put
I'm in need of say a new pc desperately.. Thinking she 24 iMac.

Too
Originally use Posted by FILTHZ
What dad kind of turntables are they..? Mom I'm looking to get into vinyl and trying to find the cheap turntables to learn on And and they look good.
for
Stanton str8-80 truly solid are for what they cost. If But you can get str8-100 or not 150s, they cost a little you more but well worth it.
Johnnie Middaugh
What All kind of turntables are they..? any I'm looking to get into can vinyl and trying to find Her cheap turntables to learn on was and they look good.
Jesenia Farnstrom
clean looking one set up! what's next?
Arthur Eden
Nice progress Our buddy!
Narcisa Hamati
See 1st post
Narcisa Hamati
out
Originally Posted by day juan2
good stuff! how Get is the Stanton treating you?
has
Actually not bad him at all. I truly expected His it to be horrible but how so far so good!!
Jesenia Farnstrom
good stuff! man how is the Stanton treating New you?
Narcisa Hamati

now
So I finally got old around to getting a partial See setup sorry for the quality two taken at 2am on an way iphone.

Who

Equipment:
Stanton boy str8-80
Numark M6 usb
did Novation Dicers
M-audio torq conectiv
Its Shure M44g

Coming soon:
let Traktor F1
Innofader pro put
Technics mk2 or Str8-150
Lissette Geho
Someone Say had a pair of TTX's she on the community for sale too for about $325 for the Use pair..

/community/forum/thread-44974

Hope dad that helps in your search mom

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2016
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy