Jaydon34's Setup

Jaydon34's Setup
Posted on: 02.01.2012 by Tanner Adis
My 1st setup was 2 vestax pdx-2000s and a vestal 05 pro II running final scratch on a god awful linux computer. I eventually switched to serato due to stability issues with final scratch. Going back to school and planning a wedding really left me no time to spin and my future wife nagged me to ditch my gear. So I eventually did, something I regretted for years to come!!!

It was almost 6 years since I had dj'ed but I started to get that itch again. So with little or no research I ran out and purchased Denon hs-5500 and a crappy mixer to get started.

Being that I primarily spin hip hop the weak scratch emulation and the cue slip were taking a toll on me. I really wanted Denon s3700's but they were really pricey so I jumped on the next best thing a Numark NS7.

Like many people I was skeptical of Numark gear but not anymore the NS7 is the truth. The hardware is solid, feels like a turntable and the itch software is great. With that being said it's not without fault, the effects were bad (not that I use them), the platter was too small and the software lacked many basic features that competitors had.

I finally convinced myself nothing gets better than turntables and serato. So my craigslist hunt began.While I didn't score a serato box, I was able to get a Traktor Audio dj 8 for $150 dollars, more than half the priced of a used SL1 so I figured what the heck give tracktor a shot. $13 control vinyl and I was almost ready to go. Now I just needed a setup, I contemplated one good turntable a decent mixer to hold me over because you can control multiple decks from one source using tracktor. I was mainly looking for a TTX and a vestal o5 pro II, to my dismay they were all really far away. Then I came across a cheap setup, Gemini itt500 and an Ipmx mixer. It was 300 bucks so I pulled the trigger. The tables have no torque but I purchased some butter rugs and will keep looking for the ttx and a decent mixer. Surprisingly the mixer isn't as bad as I thought.

That's my story........... stay tuned for updates!!

8/10/12 - New Photos of Current Setup
Equipment:
2 Stanton str8-80
Numark M6 usb
Novation Dicers
M-audio torq conectiv (under Desk)
Shure M44g

Update 12/26
I got a new laptop, a dell e4300 along with an x1. Got a new dslr so here is my poor attempt at photography.

Update 5/1/13
Got a Vestax PMC-06 Pro of ebay for $50 bucks. What a steal!
I'm searching for some vestax pdx-2000's so I can create my original setup from 2003 otherwise I will just scoop some stanton str8-150's.

Update 5/14/13
In an effort to clean up my setup I moved it it behind the couch in the living room. I got sick of looking at all those dam wires behind the turntables. I used a malm dressing table from ikea and added wheels for a little height.

Picked a numark ttx-1 original version
Got if off craiglist for 80 bucks, didn't come with a power cable, tonearm or counter weight though. These tables are notorious for a failing ic chip so I ordered one as well just in case. I will keep you updated on this puppy as it needed some tlc.

Update 5/23/13 SHADY CRAIGLISTER
I would like to personally thank the shady craiglister whom sold me a non-working Numark ttx-1. Rule number one always trust your gut as I low balled the seller because I had no way of testing the unit as it came without the power cable. I figured worst case scenario I could be honest and list it on ebay for parts if I couldn't fix it or get it fixed for cheap.

Thank god for google after about 20 mins I figured out the symptoms were probably a bad IC chip. I use to mod xbox's back in the day so soldering would be no trouble at all and a replacement IC chip was under $10 dollars shipped.

Took me two days as I took my time considering I've never worked on a turntable before but I was able to get this baby up and running. Grand total the ttx-1 cost me less than 150 bucks to get up and running,$80 for the no working unit, $10 for the ic chip, 18 for a tone arm, 10 for a counter weight and around 25 bucks on soldering gear .

Karma will get you my friend and thank you for not responding to my texts. If the seller had of responded I would have never tried to fix this and just would have asked for my money back.

Check the pics, sorry for the quality I took this at around midevening MORE PICS ON FLICKR
I know it's a little mix matched but I plan to get another ttx-1 now that I know how easy they can be fixed.

My rough solder job

UPDATE 6/13/13
Picked up a traktor z2

UPDATE 8/24/13
Picked up another broken ttx, got it for super cheap. Cleaned this baby up just waiting on the Ic chip to arrive to perform the fix.
looking for ttx parts if anyone has them. I need a curved tonearm with counterweight as well as two tone arm clips.

9/6/13 - Added a webcam and mapped my korg nano pad to effects
Norah Legowski
updates?
Tanner Adis
Originally Posted by juan2
thankfully my wife understands how important my gear is to me and is actually pretty supportive... good luck on the hunt for a ttx
My wife gets it now thank god

Originally Posted by dskreet
Good stuff man. Something is better than nothing. I also started on some Gemini Turntables.
Im sure i will have ttx in like 3 weeks. I'm kind of spoiled from owning vestax tablesthe torque is driving me nuts.
Roxie Seldal
Good stuff man. Something is better than nothing. I also started on some Gemini Turntables.
Norah Legowski
thankfully my wife understands how important my gear is to me and is actually pretty supportive... good luck on the hunt for a ttx

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy