Deep House/Bass Music

Home :: General Discussion :: Deep House/Bass MusicReply
Deep House/Bass Music
Posted on: 01.02.2012 by Kelley Mendrick
Just wanted to get a rough idea on what people's thoughts on deep house and bass music are? SBTRKT, Pearson Sound, Disclosure, Boddika, Blawan, Maya Jane Coles, Eats Everything, Julio Bashmore, Mosca, Catz n Dogz...

Are these all artists popular with DJTT community members? I just wandered what the general feel for music here was!

P.S if you are into this kind of music leave some feedback on my quick 15minute mix! Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/tukker_uk/malfunctionbassmix

Peace, tukker.
Elvis Woodis
I noticed you're from Manchester as well dude. What sorts of evening s do you go to?

City boy? Hope that means City fan!
Hayden Raugh
Originally Posted by joemanton
Yea, amazing track but believe this bootleg just nips it. Eats Everything played it in Watergate when I went to Berlin in March, unbelievable set.

I've just been on his twitter and noticed some douche who went to Warehouse Project this weekend has been slating him for his set this weekend. Apparently he was; s**t and didn't play enough garage?!? Is this guy for real?

Why would you purposely insult someone who is just doing their job, and a pretty good one at that. If he was hammered, train-wrecking and galloping every mix or playing Guetta all evening , what the hell is your issue? Some people just need to learn to be nice.
Couldnt Agree More!
Elvis Woodis
Originally Posted by city_boy07
Is the same sample used on brech's upcoming release called jack? Must b!,

EDIT: SORRY JUST SEEN IT IS
Yea, amazing track but believe this bootleg just nips it. Eats Everything played it in Watergate when I went to Berlin in March, unbelievable set.

I've just been on his twitter and noticed some douche who went to Warehouse Project this weekend has been slating him for his set this weekend. Apparently he was; s**t and didn't play enough garage?!? Is this guy for real?

Why would you purposely insult someone who is just doing their job, and a pretty good one at that. If he was hammered, train-wrecking and galloping every mix or playing Guetta all evening , what the hell is your issue? Some people just need to learn to be nice.
Hayden Raugh
I also love duskys remix of dont go
Merlyn Birchfield
Let Go is fun for sure.
Christene John
should check out Little Bird - Lexer and Justin Martin Don't Go, to great deep house songs that go seamlessly together in any set. The Bass Drop in Don't Go is unreal as well.
Merlyn Birchfield
Originally Posted by city_boy07
Genuinely my pleasure! Followed! Good music
Thanks for following, and also to the other handful of people who decided to follow me after posting that. Really appreciate it!
Hayden Raugh
One from me

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-26Qw...%3D-26QwMq9tzo
Hayden Raugh
Is the same sample used on brech's upcoming release called jack? Must b!,

EDIT: SORRY JUST SEEN IT IS
Loyd Cilek
Originally Posted by joemanton
Oh gosh!
Loyd Cilek
This track is too good.

Elvis Woodis
Hayden Raugh
Originally Posted by Landsnark
Thanks for listening!
Genuinely my pleasure! Followed! Good music
Merlyn Birchfield
Thanks for listening!
Hayden Raugh
Originally Posted by Landsnark
https://soundcloud.com/the-snark/david-michael-going-forward

Basically, deep house to rave to.

Tracklist:

Harry Wolfman - Feel My Love
Cassius - The Sound of Violence (Luciano Remix)
John Monkman - K.I.S.S. M.E. feat. Morgan Mackintosh
Fideles - Over Me feat. Marika
Finnebassen What You Do (DeMarzo Remix)
Climbers - Go With The Flow
Frag Maddin - When I Was At Hain
Huxley, Samm Russo - Reality Check
Kyodai - Breaking
Flavio Acaron, Hugh Harry - Let You Go
Boo Williams - Peaking Point
Top mix
Merlyn Birchfield
https://soundcloud.com/the-snark/david-michael-going-forward

Basically, deep house to rave to.

Tracklist:

Harry Wolfman - Feel My Love
Cassius - The Sound of Violence (Luciano Remix)
John Monkman - K.I.S.S. M.E. feat. Morgan Mackintosh
Fideles - Over Me feat. Marika
Finnebassen What You Do (DeMarzo Remix)
Climbers - Go With The Flow
Frag Maddin - When I Was At Hain
Huxley, Samm Russo - Reality Check
Kyodai - Breaking
Flavio Acaron, Hugh Harry - Let You Go
Boo Williams - Peaking Point
Kamala Temple
Last time I said a song sounded Dusky-ish someone took it personally . So in this case, this sounds pretty close to Disclosure, and the video is even closer (Please refer to the What's In Your Head fan video by Disclosure). God I love these unofficial fan videos.

and one more solid track for the day, enjoy.
Merlyn Birchfield
^ verah nice.
Kamala Temple

Rana Rigling
For anyone who's after Joy O's BRTHDTT! you can get it as part of Nonplus' vinyl box set Think & Change for a limited time. It's not on the CD or digital versions of the compilation and no idea if it's gonna get its own release but I bagged the box set cause the rest of the tracks on the comp are fiyah anyway.
Ming Devis

Ming Devis
Francoise Stober
Can't wait for this track, absolute bomb

https://soundcloud.com/futureboogie/james-welsh-craven
Shad Rametta
I just got this last evening .......go get it, it's GREAT!!!!!!

Kry Wolf - The Flood EP........second release on Food Music

Johnetta Olewine
Quit with the macho "I'm more old school than you" retarded bullshit.

Just found these gems at the back of an old record bag I thought I lost. Looks like I was super into silicon soul at the time. Its been a good day

Francoise Stober
Deep deep house

Jacinta Pinheiro
Condescending ?> If defining what a genre actually is and giving a brief intro is such than I don't know what to say. I never said anyone was stupid or wrong or anything else. You guys are apparently more sensitive than a sowing circle.

Here's another modern take on my friend Abraham's label Cromarti records.
http://soundcloud.com/cromartirecords/george-horn-i-feel-original
"George Horn - I feel"
Shad Rametta
My point is this is more than music or a hobby to some people, for the old schoolers it's a religion.
LOL. Though I find your comments to be obtuse for the most part, I can't help but completely agree with that statement. The kid is right! Take your condescending tone down a notch, and everyone here will be be more accepting of the vast amounts knowledge you obviously have to share.

FYI......I've been in the game since most of these kids were still suckling on momma's teet!
Rana Rigling
Originally Posted by Lakrymist
I named off many labels and producers, and I encourage you to do what real djs do....dig.
Haha trust me man, I will be. If I'm not at work or sleeping I'm digging, Hell, this past weekend I spent trawling through the annals of motown, northern soul and hip hop. I'm only one person though, I can only find a certain amount. I'd need several lifetimes to find all this stuff by myself so why not ask someone with more knowledge of the genre than I'll ever have?

Thanks for the suggestions, really enjoyed that Salt Sweet track!
Jacinta Pinheiro
oops I made a dupe.
Jacinta Pinheiro
Doing fine ? Hey dude, I'm just letting you know what the deal is. I named off many labels and producers, and I encourage you to do what real djs do....dig. That's great that you have found dance music and even djing. I was listening to alternative and rap and rock for many years before I started playing EDM. I have been collecting vinyl since I was bout 6 because people were practically giving it away at that time and I thought it was awesome. My point is this is more than music or a hobby to some people, for the old schoolers it's a religion. I have broadened my horizons over the past few years and have been playing dubstep, dNb, in addition to my original love; deep house. If you wanna hear some examples of deep house check out Nude Dimensions vol.1 +2, Jesper Dahlback's Stockholm Sessions, The entire Nite:Life Series (kinda the GU of deep house of that era), United DJs of America Mix Series.

There's some examples. I'm really not trying to be rude like I said, but for real deep house heads it's not just a genre on beatport, it's a religion.
Rana Rigling
Like I said, not all of us have been doing this for as long as you have. I believe it's awesome that you know about all these producers and tracks from 20 years ago. I was 7 back then and I grew up listening to rock, indie, punk, metal, etc. Personally I've only been interested in this sort of stuff for about 5 years and only got in to DJing a couple of years ago. There's so much I missed out on. So, as I said before, rather than come in here and insult us for not knowing as much as you do, educate us. Post some of the tunes you believe we ought to know about.

If you don't want to do that then I invite you to leave the thread. We were doing just fine before you came in here and had a go.
Jacinta Pinheiro
I did listen to the whole tune, it was crap, thanks for assuming tho! the fact is, it's a bootleg without proper credits, simply labeled as an "original". I did educate the differences between "bass" and "deep house". If it was just about the lows and use of sub bass, then all EDM would be considered bass music. I'm not being condescending to anyone, the quality of those tracks were laughable. Does it sound like Dusky ? Umm...I guess if you're comparing that it's a dance tune and has some hard bass and quirky stabs. Some would say that's more like chicago tech house, not "Dusky". It just sounds more ignorant than the dubtards thats say "dubstep is my best, and VIP is my favorite group". That sound was coined before Dusky was even hitting keys. Mazi, Joshua Collins, David Duriez, Dj Garth, Nectar, Grant Dell, Jay Tripwire, Eddie Richards, Terry Francis, Justin Martin & The Freaks, and many more shaped that sound almost 20 years ago.
Rana Rigling
Been a DJ for half your life yet fail to listen to the full track? It samples 'No No No' sure, but once it gets in to the meat of the tune it's totally different [to 'No No No'] and does share some similarities with Dusky. Additionally the whole point of this thread is for music that fits under the umbrella term "Bass Music" which encompasses a a huge variety of genres, influences and characteristics. It's not one single type of sound.

Sorry that not all of us have been DJing for 14+ years. How about instead of coming in here like a condescending prick you take the time to educate properly?
Jacinta Pinheiro
Originally Posted by BuRdTuRd
BIG TUNE! This guy is gonna blow up soon. Has a Dusky-ish sound to it.
http://soundcloud.com/officialexposure/id-do-anything

Also for those that missed the other tune I posted from this guy, here it is again. Both are so good.
http://soundcloud.com/officialexposure/exposure-murky-original-mix
That 1st tune is Manijama - No No No, and saying it's Dusky-esque is slap on the face of originality. The second tune is a blatant ripoff of Seb - Anytime. It sounds like some wack shit from 1994 slapped together with some rips from the original and some horrible programming. If you are driven to play this kind of stuff, I'm not so worried about the competition here lol. I'm actually surprised how much commercial garbage is called "deep house" these days. I have been playing deep house for more than 14 years now. Labels like Wave, Naked, Desous, Bluem, Siesta, MIE, Svek, Earthtones, NRK, Sondos, Red Mellon, Classic, etc. That's deep house. The majority of what is being posted is Tech House. The difference between "bass" and "deep house" (lol), is simple. Bass music is usually set to a break beat, while house is 4/4. I have been a DJ for half my life, trust me.
Random X
Glad you like!

('Cause it what fun creating it. )
Birgit Gondal
tekki I'd deffo's count that as something that should fit in this thread!
whopper of a track.
Random X
It's extra soulful... might not be labeled as deep house, but here goes:

https://soundcloud.com/plusplusrec/correlate-dont-lie-rstrctd#play
Renate Mayeur
Kamala Temple
Originally Posted by KEYON
Some GREAT music in here!

http://soundcloud.com/hotflush/locked-groove-wear-it-well

Was this posted? Did a search, nothing came up. Figured someone would have thrown this in here already.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy