Numark NS6 4 deck Serato Itch controller

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Numark NS6 4 deck Serato Itch controllerReply
Numark NS6 4 deck Serato Itch controller
Posted on: 12.01.2011 by Kandy Ahdoot
Dont know if this has been posted yet but here you go

Janett Dal
Originally Posted by xtianw
To be fair... (again remember, i own both an itch controller and a legit copy of traktor pro, as do you..)

this thread is about the ns6. so while yes, you can use timecodes with the s4. the ns6 can allow those same turntables or cd players to play records or cd's. It supports internal mixing with Itch and External mixing with everything else. The S4 uses internal mixing only. To me this limits it's flexability by an order of magnitude.

looking at that NS6. The NS6 offers more flexability. Depending on what I own, with that I could run Itch internally, Traktor externally(i already own a couple soundcards I could use for traktor), or buy an SL1 and run SSL. All using the same controller as my base since the NS6's heart is an analog mixer.

An s4 will only ever run traktor software. The NS6 can literally work with every single dj software package on the market. Including Traktor Scratch Pro. I dunno but to be, thats real flexability.
These are excellent points.

I believe, however, to be fair you also have to consider that the S4 is portable in a way that the incoming NS6 is sure not to be.

The Ns6 is going to be big and not easily set up in DJ booths with pre-existing gear already there. In some cases it will be impossible. The S4 will undoubtedly be lighter and smaller and in this case, the flexibility of being mobile with it (as a club DJ, playing techno or electronic music for instance) is higher.

however, viewing both units feature by feature - it comes down to personal preference again. The S4 has real sample capability that Itch does not have, and it has separate channel meters per channel for visual seeing output levels.

But it also lacks a separate booth out. And the analog ins need a laptop to be up and running with Traktor as well to hear that audio. That is a significant limitation when compared against the NS6 for someone looking at those options as important.

I believe the wildcard here is what Itch 2.0 will look like. If they get the Bridge and Video working shortly here - and an improved set of already great features (as seen in version 1.71) Traktor S4 is going to have a real competitor problem on its hands.

Which is fine by me. Keep the heat up, it is good for all of us when the manufacturers are competing for our dollars.

Look at the options we have today versus what we had even just a year ago.

Amazing time to be a DJ imo.
Josh Villavaso
Originally Posted by haze324
I believe the term is much more flexible.

With Traktor S4 I can:

- Play out on the S4
- Take an X1 and soundcard and plug into a house mixer
- Take an X1 and soundcard and plug into speakers for small parties
- Once timecode is available I can do that as well
- Traktor also provides HID support for certain CDJ's

So with ONE software I have all these options. One X1 and soundcard is more mobile, but the thing I truly enjoy most about traktor over Itch is how flexible it is.
thank you
i guess i couldnt get the right word out lol
Candace Carmouche
two reasons.

1. It would be cool to if you could use an actual turntable with your controller if that was your weapon of choice and still use your music library.

2. What I meant was if you could use Itch with the controller or without and just use Timecode ala SSL.

Right now with Serato you either use SSL for timecode or Itch for controllers. They don't offer a solution where you could use one application that does both.
They probably never will with their business model. you have to remember, serato makes money their from licensing. thats why their software is freely downloadable. to do that, theyd have to start charging for their software and hardware seperately. like NI does.

Whats funny is most dj's use macs that i know. but are into NI.

If you were to compare business models. Serato is more like apple and NI is more like microsoft. But most dj's on djtt are into traktor these days.

just something i noticed that made me go "hmm thats interesting"

isnt it?
Candace Carmouche
Nowwwww, it would be cool if you could use Itch with Timecode - but I don't believe that will ever happen.

So don't get me wrong. I like the NS6 and will probably get one.
Just curious. Whats the point of timecode in itch when youve got jog platters? We're talking about internal mixing here right?
Julissa Serrone
I dunno but to be, thats real flexability.
No doubt about it, it's a sweet piece of gear. I might sell my NS7 and get one, the hardware itself may be more versatile, but you still need to lug that big machine anytime you want to play if you plan on using Itch. So the day you get a gig that it doesn't fit what do you do? You won't be able to use Itch. That's my gripe with Itch that your locked to the controller. So while the NS6 is a sweet deal and offers a 4 channel mixer I don't believe many people would ever carry around an NS6 plus a turntable or two just to play some vinyl or use SSL. That kinda defeats the purpose of having an Itch controller. Nowwwww, it would be cool if you could use Itch with Timecode - but I don't believe that will ever happen.

Candace Carmouche

With Traktor S4 I can:

- Play out on the S4

So with ONE software I have all these options. One X1 and soundcard is more mobile, but the thing I truly enjoy most about traktor over Itch is how flexible it is.
To be fair... (again remember, i own both an itch controller and a legit copy of traktor pro, as do you..)

this thread is about the ns6. so while yes, you can use timecodes with the s4. the ns6 can allow those same turntables or cd players to play records or cd's. It supports internal mixing with Itch and External mixing with everything else. The S4 uses internal mixing only. To me this limits it's flexability by an order of magnitude.

looking at that NS6. The NS6 offers more flexability. Depending on what I own, with that I could run Itch internally, Traktor externally(i already own a couple soundcards I could use for traktor), or buy an SL1 and run SSL. All using the same controller as my base since the NS6's heart is an analog mixer.

An s4 will only ever run traktor software. The NS6 can literally work with every single dj software package on the market. Including Traktor Scratch Pro. I dunno but to be, thats real flexability.
Ninfa Larranaga
pretty bad ass
Kandy Ahdoot
first video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DIYVXwPW8Q
Ninfa Larranaga
looks good to me
Janett Dal
"usually ships in 4 to 6 days." lol!
Matha Obray
http://www.planetdj.com/i--NS6
Janett Dal

These are excellent points.

I believe, however, to be fair you also have to consider that the S4 is portable in a way that the incoming NS6 is sure not to be.

The Ns6 is going to be big and not easily set up in DJ booths with pre-existing gear already there. In some cases it will be impossible. The S4 will undoubtedly be lighter and smaller and in this case, the flexibility of being mobile with it (as a club DJ, playing techno or electronic music for instance) is higher.

however, viewing both units feature by feature - it comes down to personal preference again. The S4 has real sample capability that Itch does not have, and it has separate channel meters per channel for visual seeing output levels.

But it also lacks a separate booth out. And the analog ins need a laptop to be up and running with Traktor as well to hear that audio. That is a significant limitation when compared against the NS6 for someone looking at those options as important.

I believe the wildcard here is what Itch 2.0 will look like. If they get the Bridge and Video working shortly here - and an improved set of already great features (as seen in version 1.71) Traktor S4 is going to have a real competitor problem on its hands.

Which is fine by me. Keep the heat up, it is good for all of us when the manufacturers are competing for our dollars.

Look at the options we have today versus what we had even just a year ago.

Amazing time to be a DJ imo.
Josh Villavaso

With Traktor S4 I can:

- Play out on the S4

thank you
i guess i couldnt get the right word out lol
Candace Carmouche
two reasons.

1. It would be cool to if you could use an actual turntable with your controller if that was your weapon of choice and still use your music library.

2. What I meant was if you could use Itch with the controller or without and just use Timecode ala SSL.

Right now with Serato you either use SSL for timecode or Itch for controllers. They don't offer a solution where you could use one application that does both.
They probably never will with their business model. you have to remember, serato makes money their from licensing. thats why their software is freely downloadable. to do that, theyd have to start charging for their software and hardware seperately. like NI does.

Whats funny is most dj's use macs that i know. but are into NI.

If you were to compare business models. Serato is more like apple and NI is more like microsoft. But most dj's on djtt are into traktor these days.

just something i noticed that made me go "hmm thats interesting"

isnt it?
Julissa Serrone
two reasons.

Candace Carmouche
Nowwwww, it would be cool if you could use Itch with Timecode - but I don't believe that will ever happen.

Just curious. Whats the point of timecode in itch when youve got jog platters? We're talking about internal mixing here right?
Julissa Serrone
I dunno but to be, thats real flexability.
No doubt about it, it's a sweet piece of gear. I might sell my NS7 and get one, the hardware itself may be more versatile, but you still need to lug that big machine anytime you want to play if you plan on using Itch. So the day you get a gig that it doesn't fit what do you do? You won't be able to use Itch. That's my gripe with Itch that your locked to the controller. So while the NS6 is a sweet deal and offers a 4 channel mixer I don't believe many people would ever carry around an NS6 plus a turntable or two just to play some vinyl or use SSL. That kinda defeats the purpose of having an Itch controller. Nowwwww, it would be cool if you could use Itch with Timecode - but I don't believe that will ever happen.

Ethyl Laface
This is a great looking controller. Still believe I'm going for an S4 though.
Candace Carmouche

With Traktor S4 I can:

- Play out on the S4

Irvin Cee
Numark almost created the perfect thing here...
If only it had vu-meters and filters per chanel... (like their X7 mixer)
then it would have been the best controller.

Having it as a standalone 4 channel mixer is great. I believe it's really the perfect set-up for mobile DJs.

It's also nice to see jog wheels with visual feedback (illuminated wheels, like on the DDJ-S1).

Looks to me like the biggest competition for the S4. However I believe this thing is pretty heavy and big... anyone has the specs on that ?

But it really kicks Pioneer in the balls : 400
Rosemarie Oransky
made out of metal?
booth out

win imo...

wOW numark rapes the controller market again...
Julissa Serrone
how is a piece of software any more or less mobile? my vci-300 and vfx-1 fits in the same sized backpack a vci-100 will.

With Traktor S4 I can:

- Play out on the S4

Candace Carmouche
Originally Posted by ChrisEPIC
i'm talking about the actual controllers that the company has put forth.
besides the s4 all of NI's gear is much lighter and easier to bring from gig to gig
all my gear fits in 1 backpack. i still dont see how anything from NI is any more or less portable than what I'm playing out with now. my vci, my vfx, laptop, usb cables, rca cables. thing is my traktor/hercules/korg setup fits in the same backpack.

neither is more or less portable than the other. The S4 wont fit in a standard backpack, neither will one of these new controllers. so if anything, the s4 is just as portable as the new stuff. especially considering how light the S4 is, youd be crazy to not play out in the flight case that was designed for it.
Josh Villavaso
how is a piece of software any more or less mobile? my vci-300 and vfx-1 fits in the same sized backpack a vci-100 will.
i'm talking about the actual controllers that the company has put forth.
besides the s4 all of NI's gear is much lighter and easier to bring from gig to gig
Candace Carmouche
Originally Posted by ChrisEPIC
traktor is much more mobile
Josh Villavaso
Originally Posted by Archies'bald
This has turned my head just because it offers Itch with it and it says it's midi assignable. As a Traktor user I'm always curious about Itch, wondering what the difference is between the two. This could be a way of finding out.
itch NEEDS a controller to work
and it has quite a few layout differences and what not.
its a great program but i prefer traktor
traktor is much more mobile
Josh Villavaso
numark said this unit is also completely midi assignable. its win, baked in bacon, wrapped in fucking unicorns. lol

but the question is, will certain features be available for traktor?
i'm sure you know how serato is lol
Fe Kuchma
Originally Posted by duerr
CDJs are on their last legs and so is Pioneer. as far as I can tell the S1 is an ill-fated attempt at trying to buy Pioneer a couple more years as a market leader now that they've realized just how much their days are numbered.

CDJs and the Pioneer brand can't rest on the laurels of being the "professional" choice forever, especially not when big name DJs to bedroom DJs are realizing the future lies in laptop & midi djing.
Bingo! Numark were bang on with the NS7 and now the NS6 is looking like a winner among most! Vestex is another company on top of the controller game.
Belen Wermes
Originally Posted by BigC

I believe it's nice. It seems to share a similar feature set to the S1, and really, they are very similar controllers. And at a lower respective price point as well. I don't see the transition from or to pioneer CDJ's as easily with this, and I believe pioneer's hold on that market will still keep the S1 as a real "professional" setup compared to the Numark. Not knocking it, but just calling it how I see it.
CDJs are on their last legs and so is Pioneer. as far as I can tell the S1 is an ill-fated attempt at trying to buy Pioneer a couple more years as a market leader now that they've realized just how much their days are numbered because of the boom in controller djing.

CDJs and the Pioneer brand can't rest on the laurels of being the "professional" choice forever, especially not when big name DJs to bedroom DJs are realizing the future lies in laptop & midi djing. it's only a matter of time before the future of djing becomes the present and CDJs will be a thing of the past and only the worst clubs will still have them installed.
Miloje Savic
wow!! I'm in love SICK!! I have found what i was looking for... just waiting on m audio news! price ain't bad either $$$ 1,047.16 nice :eek:
Fe Kuchma
I wonder what the weight will be like! It won't have the weight of the motorised platters but the metal shell will add weight!
Candace Carmouche
Originally Posted by jfd6812
The DX is a 4 deck Itch controller too.
that intermittantly presses the play/pause transport controls if you tap anywhere on the unit, or have too much bass going on in the booth.
Matha Obray
^^Ahh yeah i forgot it is. well it needed an update lol
Onie Sarandos
Originally Posted by BennyJ
Looks sick! i want one. and a 4 deck controller for itch? Snazy
The DX is a 4 deck Itch controller too.
Matha Obray
Looks sick! i want one. and a 4 deck controller for itch? Snazy
Candace Carmouche
Originally Posted by Virtual Unknown
Looks very nice....motorized platters i guess would put it in a different price range ....also interested in the SL4 Audio interface or is it just a rumor!
we'll find out tomorrow morning. serato has their press conference at 11
Carline Whichard
Looks very nice....motorized platters i guess would put it in a different price range ....also interested in the SL4 Audio interface or is it just a rumor!
Janett Dal
what is nice about this is that you just need that one USB cable for laptop. Good to go.

And if you want to hook up other gear without a laptop present, that's possible too.

one of things that I loved about switching to Numark's V7 units running Itch from using Traktor Scratch Pro is that I have one USB cable and two RCA cables. That's it. Up and running.

all that Audio8 cabling non-sense? too much hassle.

This NS6 looks like the business.
Audrey Pinda
its win, baked in bacon, wrapped in fucking unicorns.
That quote just made my life.

On another note:

I believe it's nice. It seems to share a similar feature set to the S1, and really, they are very similar controllers. And at a lower respective price point as well. I don't see the transition from or to pioneer CDJ's as easily with this, and I believe pioneer's hold on that market will still keep the S1 as a real "professional" setup compared to the Numark. Not knocking it, but just calling it how I see it.
Candace Carmouche
im not up on hid specs....

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy