Itch - "Elastic" beat grids on the way.

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Itch - "Elastic" beat grids on the way.Reply
Itch - "Elastic" beat grids on the way.
Posted on: 05.10.2009 by Latia Sotak
Morning!!

I've just been digging through a topic over in the serato community , talking about the upcoming Itch V2.

http://www.serato.com/community /discussion/189475

It looks like Itch is getting elastic beat grids!!

Here's a quote from one of the Serato community 's moderators

Hey Guys,

The beat grid will deal with tracks that have changing tempo's as well, you will be able to to map out bar positions to deal with songs that aren't a constant BPM. If you sync a straight track to something that changes speed either the straight track will change speed to follow or the "funky" track will get kept in time depending on which track is the master and which one is being synced.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Cheers
dylan.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Dude your splitting hairs. I dont want to go to a Music Store to demo software, i wanna do it at home on my own VCI (although it isnt supported meh). Also there are no local stores that i can Demo Itch.

I just believe its too limiting. No biggie.
Fabian Audley
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
I cannot Demo Itch as a DJ not even for a minute. Epic Fail.

I wouldnt buy a car if the salesman said "well you can sit in it but you cant take it for a test drive"
You have to go to a car dealership to test drive a car. You can't test drive it from your computer, nor can you take it home for 30 days and try it before you decide whether or not you want to buy it. If you go to a decent DJ shop, you will be able to demo Itch. My guitar center has demos of all products available. I tried Itch for a few hours before I decided to buy my NS7. I still have my VCI, but it hasn't seen much use.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
I cannot Demo Itch as a DJ not even for a minute. Epic Fail.

I wouldnt buy a car if the salesman said "well you can sit in it but you cant take it for a test drive"
Fabian Audley
Originally Posted by lsmith
why only? being limited to certified controllers, worse yet pre made midi mappings, seems really boring. and allowing custom mappings doesnt prevent manufacturer provided premade mappings.
There isn't really a need for custom mappings with the current iteration of Itch. There is a button on the controller that does everything that is offered in the software. The way Itch currently stands, there isn't anything else to map to the controller. This, of course, will change in the future when effects get released, but both hardware manufacturers already have solutions.

I love the ability to customize Traktor, but I also love the tight integration of Itch with its controllers.
Leota Saniuk
why only? being limited to certified controllers, worse yet pre made midi mappings, seems really boring. and allowing custom mappings doesnt prevent manufacturer provided premade mappings.
Fabian Audley
Pitty there isnt a 2 deck Demo of Itch to try out.
I like the idea of only having certified hardware work with Itch. No mapping headaches and no blank buttons. It allows for a much more seamlessly integrated solution.
Candace Carmouche
i dont believe thats necessicarilly true.

http://torrentfreak.com/why-pirates-...s-fail-090428/

lots of studies have shown that torrent users generally buy more music than people who dont torrent.

i believe software is the same way. i dont believe i would have just dropped 200 bucks on dj software had i not been able to play around with it fully unlocked on a friends machine for a while first.
Sherika Lasee
I see no reason for not making a 2 deck Itch Demo like Traktors Demo.
again,

*cause people would crack that demo & post it all over the internet*

then as people stop buying the expensive hardware that are currently
required to use their product there commission threw those company's would dwindle,
&since that's there only income: they'd be screwed.

also making them less attractive in the eyes of those major companies
to pare up with exclusively again in the future.
Belen Wermes
I have no reason to lie to you. You would see through the bullshit anyway:
Pro has never crashed on me. Nada, zero, zilch.

I started a Pro collection with Autogrids and used it with no issues.
Ive since ditched that collection and started fresh with no Autogrid and im yet to have any issues.
are you on Mac or PC ??
Gracia Giacoletto
Yeah... I'm curious too when the new version of Itch comes out. I have *one* song (damn Peter Kruder) that changes tempo midway.

As for the thread hijack - I've had zero issues with Traktor Pro, and have upgraded all the way. Used to have artifacts on occasion with the version before 1.2.1, with vinyl and all midi. Sounds freakin amazing now.

Maybe the Itch tool with changing beatgrids would be useful for dubstep, dnb folk that love massive tempo changes?
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by duerr
but i've heard mixed reviews about it regarding it's overall stability.
I have no reason to lie to you. You would see through the bullshit anyway:
Pro has never crashed on me. Nada, zero, zilch.

I started a Pro collection with Autogrids and used it with no issues.
Ive since ditched that collection and started fresh with no Autogrid and im yet to have any issues.

I fear that this thread has wandered. oops.

When does the next version of Itch hit the shops ?
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by LiveFastStephen
Honestly, It wouldn't be too difficult to reverse engineer or "crack" the software if they put one out like that. Serado's sole income seems to be in there contracts integrating with major hardware companies. Compromising the fact you need to buy the hardware would highly damage there current contracts, & possibly eliminate a lot of those to come..
And therefore i will never be a Serato user because i can never DJ with it in any kind of Demo mode.

I see no reason for not making a 2 deck Itch Demo like Traktors Demo.
If i could use it for a little with my VCI i may be interested but i cant.
Belen Wermes
Originally Posted by Mr.Jones
Kinda with BentoSan on this one. Newer doesn't necessarily mean better. Heck, Hawtin still seems to be using an older version of Traktor because it's stable and does *exactly* what he wants. Like a lot of the guys I know who streamlined their live PA settings, you often find folks sticking with what' proven and works once they've gone to all the trouble of streamlining and optimizing their workflow...

yeah i've test-drived all the versions except for TraktorPro 1.2, and I'm still sticking with Traktro 3.2.2... (i prefer the fx in 3.2.2 over 3.3 and 3.4 - the delay and beatmasher are better imo)

btw how is Tpro 1.2 working for you guys? believein about givin it a good rogering soon.. the adjustable pitch bend sensitivity and 4 fx channels sounds really tempting, but i've heard mixed reviews about it regarding it's overall stability.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
But... original point was - If something works really, really well for you, why bother changing systems or programs for a single bell or whistle?
Hah yeah i couldnt agree more. I only updated to Leopard on my Mac last month because TPRO will soon be incompatible with Tiger.
Ive had ZERO issues with Tiger so i wasnt for budging until now.
Sherika Lasee
Pitty there isnt a 2 deck Demo of Itch to try out
Honestly, It wouldn't be too difficult to reverse engineer or "crack" the software if they put one out like that. Serado's sole income seems to be in there contracts integrating with major hardware companies. Compromising the fact you need to buy the hardware would highly damage there current contracts, & possibly eliminate a lot of those to come..
Gracia Giacoletto
Ha! Sorry, Karlos - My bad. Don't follow the community s as closely as I'd like. I just remembered a lot of chatter about this from way back when.

Note: I didn't mean to come across as saying TPro isn't stable. Been using it - very happily - for 8 months now. But... original point was - If something works really, really well for you, why bother changing systems or programs for a single bell or whistle?
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Heck, Hawtin still seems to be using an older version of Traktor because it's stable and does *exactly* what he wants.
OMG how many times. Ritchie Hawtin is not using Traktor 3. He is on TPRO exclusively . Dont be fooled by old videos that keep getting posted.

TPRO is as stable as any other version, more so in fact.

On Topic:
Interesting that Itch will (eventually have) a warp like feature. Pitty there isnt a 2 deck Demo of Itch to try out.
Gracia Giacoletto
Kinda with BentoSan on this one. Newer doesn't necessarily mean better. Heck, Hawtin still seems to be using an older version of Traktor because it's stable and does *exactly* what he wants. Like a lot of the guys I know who streamlined their live PA settings, you often find folks sticking with what' proven and works once they've gone to all the trouble of streamlining and optimizing their workflow...
Luann Scatterday
This elastic grid is one of the first glimpses of what the partnership might be bringing!

Z
Belen Wermes
i'm not sold on itch yet... all the "new" features (minus elastic beatgridding) that they're introducing have been available to traktor users since the release of traktor 3 ..... 4 years ago? LOL

Serato has a long way to go if they want to compete with Traktor in the controller dj market. I'm still waiting to see what their partnership with Ableton will bring, as it is I'm pretty underwhelmed by Serato.
Xavier Emanuels
Originally Posted by xtianw
yeah and i should be concerned that i just ordered traktor >.<
Haha i wouldnt be concerned, Itch 2.0 isnt even out yet and Traktor Pro has this kinda style griding on its way too(though theres no definite release date)

Itch has A HELL of alot of catching up to do to catch up to Trakor (though itch does have its own unique advantages - mainly HID compatibility with a few controllers).

Worry about whats best for the moment, not what might be the best option around the corner

For the record: Dont take me the wrong way here, definitely not Itch/Serato hating here ! Its good to see this progress, it keeps the competition on their toes and promotes competition between the companies which is awesome for us users.
Fabian Audley
I bought an NS7 hoping to go back to traktor, but with Itch's new features, that might not happen!
Candace Carmouche
yeah and i should be concerned that i just ordered traktor >.<
Shawana Tjon
With this news and the controller featured last week, Itch is looking very good all of a sudden, Traktor should be a little concerned they don't get left behind.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy