[poll] Idea for a new mapping - Give your support!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: [poll] Idea for a new mapping - Give your support!Reply
[poll] Idea for a new mapping - Give your support!
Posted on: 07.02.2011 by Tatum Ansaldo
Ok so, this is kind of against my normal policy since I don't like asking other people to map things for me, but hear me out!

I just got my midi fighter today and love it. Been playing with the Deckalized mapping on my x1 for a while and believe it's great, and the new instant gratification mapping is awesome!

However I want the best of both worlds

It just struck me that with this new 4 bank mode so much is possible. This idea would only work for 2 Decks. So I'll stop babbling and get on with it.

A CROSS BETWEEN THE 2 MAPPINGS utilising 4 bank mode with 2 banks for each deck (1&2 for deck A, 3&4 for deck B)

Banks 1&3 would be a slightly cut down version of the Deckalized mapping, removing the line taken up by the beatmasher. Banks 2&4 would be the same as the Instant Gratification mapping, but of course only for decks A&B. This could be very simply changed to apply to decks C&D with Traktor's duplicate function.

of course, slice commands and beat juggle modes on the bottom 2 rows.

While I would like to be able to map this myself, I simply don't believe I have the skills or the understanding of DJTT's use of modifiers etc.

Do you like this idea? Give it a +1, comment with your ideas and/or vote in the poll!

If enough people like it, maybe the guys at DJTT will be nice enough to make it some time.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Switch80NL
Maybe you can put in a function to select the next track in the playlist.
That's what the function I called 'Load' is supposed to be. Thanks for your input!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Rusty
Well this isn't quite as elaborate as what you are asking for, but here is my modified Instant Gratification Mapping to include Hot Cues on Banks C & D. I'm by no means a mapping expert so I kept it pretty basic.

I have attached a layout image for the Cue Banks as well as my tsi file. I tested the mapping pretty well last evening , but make no promises. Let me know if you find any bugs or have any ideas of your own.

By the way does anyone know of an easy way to move the bank locations in the midi mapping software? Ideally I would have Deck A Hot Cues under Bank A, Deck A FX under Bank B, Deck B Hot Cues under Bank C and Deck B FX under Bank D.
Nice one, thanks for your input man. I've been wondering about how to swap the banks around, but since the midi notes are all different I don't know how you'd do it without going through EVERY command and changing them individually.

I believe I'll have a go at making my own version this weekend, not the one I've put in the diagram because as I explained I don't know how lol, but something very much like what you've done. I believe given an hour or so I can make something a bit similar to the deckalized on banks C&D with looping functions instead of instaFX. I might leave the echo freeze in, not sure. If I get round to it I'll post it up here of course.

Flashflooder was good enough to get back to my PM and said that if he can find the time and justify it to Ean then he'll have a go at the full thing, so we can hope!
Ethel Saracco
Well this isn't quite as elaborate as what you are asking for, but here is my modified Instant Gratification Mapping to include Hot Cues on Banks C & D. I'm by no means a mapping expert so I kept it pretty basic.

I have attached a layout image for the Cue Banks as well as my tsi file. I tested the mapping pretty well last evening , but make no promises. Let me know if you find any bugs or have any ideas of your own.

By the way does anyone know of an easy way to move the bank locations in the midi mapping software? Ideally I would have Deck A Hot Cues under Bank A, Deck A FX under Bank B, Deck B Hot Cues under Bank C and Deck B FX under Bank D.
Franklin Momany
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
That's exactly how 4 banks mode works, except it's in the firmware and not using modifiers. You'd be amazed how many modifiers are taken up by the Effects mappings, and using firmware makes it a lot more stable.
Sounds complicated, I love it. I need to get a MF.
Addie Monck
I believe it looks nice. In my opinion you can loose the effects in the deckalized mapping, because they are already in the instant effects setting. Maybe you can put in a function to select the next track in the playlist.
Tatum Ansaldo
OK, my opionion is fully formed on this now lol shift sync to be LOAD, button marked as load in the diagram to be LOOP 8.

what do people believe about the instaFX? should they be left out in favour of looping or somthing?
Tatum Ansaldo
Slightly updated control map of the deckalized pages, hoping to make everything a bit clearer but i believe I've just condused the matter! w/e, i'll post it anyway.

What are your opinions on the 3rd row 1st button? I was believeing maybe loop 8... come to believe of it, the whole row could be looping, since effects are covered in the second bank, but I do like having them right there.

OPINIONS NEEDED!!!

Ethel Saracco
I definitely support this mapping idea. Already missing the 8 cue points and the slicer. I would also like to see a Floating Cue/Loop In button and a Cup button for dropping an extra cue on the fly an re-cueing. Handy when you have used up your 8 cue points and want to drop another on the fly.

I would be happy to do some early testing if anyone has a tsi they want to share.
Estefana Musfeldt
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I was believeing of having deckalized maps on banks A and C for decks A and B respectively, so that the left hand 2 banks are A and the RH 2 are B, but that's the beauty of personalised mappings, you can do what you like!
gonna have a look through see if i can duplicate the fx mapping and go for your layout when i'm done mapping the deckalized version nice little bit of learning for me
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by HerbStrike
just mapped the eight cues for deck a and b on bank 3 and 4 and it works great gonna carry on tomorrow after work got an early start
I was believeing of having deckalized maps on banks A and C for decks A and B respectively, so that the left hand 2 banks are A and the RH 2 are B, but that's the beauty of personalised mappings, you can do what you like!
Estefana Musfeldt
just mapped the eight cues for deck a and b on bank 3 and 4 and it works great gonna carry on tomorrow after work got an early start
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by deviantdigi
I'm not a midfighter user, but on the subject of mapping. Just a thought, why not incorporate direct modifiers. If you used 4 direct mods, it would give you 4 different modes. 12 buttons per mode, so 48 buttons total! In comparison to 16.
That's exactly how 4 banks mode works, except it's in the firmware and not using modifiers. You'd be amazed how many modifiers are taken up by the Effects mappings, and using firmware makes it a lot more stable.

Originally Posted by HerbStrike
love this idea good work
Thanks man, the only way I could make it happen was to try and get people on board! Glad we've got flashflooder's support.
Estefana Musfeldt
love this idea good work
Franklin Momany
I'm not a midfighter user, but on the subject of mapping. Just a thought, why not incorporate direct modifiers. If you used 4 direct mods, it would give you 4 different modes. 12 buttons per mode, so 48 buttons total! In comparison to 16.
Tatum Ansaldo
Flashflooder, you are my hero

That's exactly what I was believeing, I love the instFX but I miss juggle mode and the sample slicer.
Jodi Lacerra
I like the idea of combining these two mappings and I believe it could be very powerful, especially if you don't use Decks C or D. If enough people have interest in this I'd be willing to merge two. I might even do it anyways because I found myself wanting the Sample Slicer functionality.

Not sure when I'd get to it, but I don't believe it would take very long so I wouldn't worry too much about that. It would more be testing to make sure the mappings jive with each other when merged.
Tatum Ansaldo
record can't be on the 3rd row because it would be in the place of one of the 8 slice buttons. Shift is whichever bank button is active.
Gilma Marchini
Edit: (internet crashed and the post was missing the last paragraph)

I would not complain at all if this got released, but I would much rather see a DiY Kit that included a external switch to go between the 4 (so the arcade buttons aren't wasted) and also include Ean's Super Faders.

I'd dish out a fair $100-$150 for that kit if it included mappings, parts, and acrylic plates (seems like a fair price). O.o

Also, on the mapping it would seem more logical to put the record button in it's usual place and put a shift button where it is now (then the load can be a shift function). I have 2 MF's, so I'd also like to see the bank buttons be in a deckalized manner (MF 1 gets 4 modes, FX, functions, juggle, and record, while MF 2 gets the same things for deck 2). Just my 2
Tatum Ansaldo
@ItajeN, what's your idea? Got suggestions?
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
The new firmware also has the ability to give your 4banks of 16 buttons if you attach switches to the digital inputs.

Mo buttons for yo money.
Left my soldering iron in the UK

switched record to the top row since obviously it has to be separate from the slice buttons.
robert chanda
The new firmware also has the ability to give your 4banks of 16 buttons if you attach switches to the digital inputs.

Mo buttons for yo money.
Tatum Ansaldo
hehe ok, uploading now.
Random X
Would love to see a proposed Mapping/layout sketch before I vote.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy