[poll] Idea for a new mapping - Give your support!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: [poll] Idea for a new mapping - Give your support!Reply
[poll] Idea for a new mapping - Give your support!
Posted on: 07.02.2011 by Tatum Ansaldo
Ok so, this is kind of against my normal policy since I don't like asking other people to map things for me, but hear me out!

I just got my midi fighter today and love it. Been playing with the Deckalized mapping on my x1 for a while and believe it's great, and the new instant gratification mapping is awesome!

However I want the best of both worlds

It just struck me that with this new 4 bank mode so much is possible. This idea would only work for 2 Decks. So I'll stop babbling and get on with it.

A CROSS BETWEEN THE 2 MAPPINGS utilising 4 bank mode with 2 banks for each deck (1&2 for deck A, 3&4 for deck B)

Banks 1&3 would be a slightly cut down version of the Deckalized mapping, removing the line taken up by the beatmasher. Banks 2&4 would be the same as the Instant Gratification mapping, but of course only for decks A&B. This could be very simply changed to apply to decks C&D with Traktor's duplicate function.

of course, slice commands and beat juggle modes on the bottom 2 rows.

While I would like to be able to map this myself, I simply don't believe I have the skills or the understanding of DJTT's use of modifiers etc.

Do you like this idea? Give it a +1, comment with your ideas and/or vote in the poll!

If enough people like it, maybe the guys at DJTT will be nice enough to make it some time.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Yep.
Could this be done by exporting each of the decks for both mappings and then importing those files individually? That seems the most logical.
The problem with that is that the deckalized mapping doesn't use 4 banks mode, so you'd basically have to go through every command in the mapping and remap it to your chosen bank.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Originally Posted by Georgeo0
I was believe that they would make it with the 4 banks mode like this:
bank 1 - Regular Deckalized
bank 2 - instant grat.
bank 3 - Loop recorder/sample decks section
bank 4 - ????
This is my hope. Keep checking in anticipation of a new map. I'm sure it will be with us soon.
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by flashflooder
It is still definitely going to happen. However, the method I was believeing of before (for combining the mappings) is not exactly how we are going to end up doing it. As a result, it is going to take a little bit longer. I would hope it will be released at the end of the next week or the following week.
Any news on this? we wait with baited breath!!
Chau Honrado
It is still definitely going to happen. However, the method I was believeing of before (for combining the mappings) is not exactly how we are going to end up doing it. As a result, it is going to take a little bit longer. I would hope it will be released at the end of the next week or the following week.
awesomeness!
Junko Alleman
i am not a fan of the Tempo - BPM buttons , but looks good
Tatum Ansaldo
In case anyone who was interested didn't see, flashflooder has now posted his mappings over here: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...d.php?p=298347
Tatum Ansaldo
you still only have 12 buttons and the mapping is designed for 16. trust me, I did wonder if it was possible, and it's not without a loooooot of remapping.
Marva Cupid
Or u could use the one bank that is the original mf values
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Yep.
Could this be done by exporting each of the decks for both mappings and then importing those files individually? That seems the most logical.
The problem with that is that the deckalized mapping doesn't use 4 banks mode, so you'd basically have to go through every command in the mapping and remap it to your chosen bank.
Gloria Lemmel
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Originally Posted by Georgeo0
bank 2 - instant grat.
bank 4 - ????
This is my hope. Keep checking in anticipation of a new map. I'm sure it will be with us soon.
Melania Wollenhaupt
an option i have found right now is 2 X X1's and 1 X Midifighter for the EFX.

One X1 will control decks A & B and the other X 1 will control the Sample Decks in C & D.
this is because you need Volume and Filter controls for the Sample Decks, as well as loop loading and browsing etc.

Maybe the EFX section of the First X1 can be used to control Volume on Some Sample Decks, but have not figured out the best way yet for performance work flow.

ideas?
Kristofer Krauel
Yeah i like the idea of that!!
Im using my midi-fighter for the inst grat mapping and my X1 for the sample decks and looping.... i cant help believeing that it would be easier if all this could be managed with just my midi-fighter.
Melania Wollenhaupt
OK How about this, Midi Fighter 4 Banks mode,
Bank 1 & 2 decks A & B Instant Gratification Mapping.
Banks 3 & 4, Sample Decks load, play loop etc.

Ideas
Melia Balvaneda
bank 2 - instant grat.
bank 4 - ????
Tatum Ansaldo
Exactly the same I suspect, I can't see how they would incorporate samples or loop recorder but who knows what they're cooking up. I'm excited to see!
Kristofer Krauel
I wonder if this is now being tweaked to be more intuitive with TP2??!!

I hope so!!

FullEnglish..... you got any thoughts on how you believe this would look with TP2?
Hae Komora
Wow! I just got the Instant Gratification mapping today and thought of doing this, so glad it's already been proposed. This will be such a powerful/versatile mapping, absolutely perfect for traveling solely with the Midi Fighter. In for updates!
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Superb! Really look forward to this mapping.
I've downloaded your map too fullenglish and will be testing this evening. Cheers bud.
Tatum Ansaldo
Soon I'm sure
Kristofer Krauel
Any news on this? we wait with baited breath!!
Tatum Ansaldo
thanks dude.
Somer Vanstraten
Can't wait.
I was believeing myself to merge them and then i see this topic.

+10
Chau Honrado
awesomeness!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by notshy
My 2c - I don't use the slice functionality that much. I like the loops and beatmasher tho.
MOOOOAR beatslicer
Tatum Ansaldo
agreed
Melia Balvaneda
this is awesome!
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by etch
any thoughts on when? liking the sound of this mapping!
Lorelei Przybylowicz
I'm game for this sort of mapping. I keep being very tempted down the hardware mod route so adding the extra switches sounds cool.

My 2c - I don't use the slice functionality that much. I like the loops and beatmasher tho.

I'll D/L your TSI's and have a crack !
Chau Honrado
I hope to roll out a focus version as well as a normal Deckalized version soon.
any thoughts on when? liking the sound of this mapping!
Tatum Ansaldo
In case you guys were wondering, I figured out a clean way to merge both mappings while not losing any real functionality. The only shift is that the instant push effects mirror the IG mapping a bit more than Deckalized. However, all the other Deckalized features (Juggle Mode, Sample Slicer, etc) are there. I got it working for Ean to test and I hope to roll out a focus version as well as a normal Deckalized version soon.
flashflooder is my hero
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by lol4k
Hi all,

I was testing the instant gratification mapping on my USB keybord with BMT ; all combos pretty work as well.

But I don't find that the created effect (by example Transpose effect with Bmash) sounds good or cool ^^

My friends told me to stop these combos because they realy don't find that's musicaly good ^^

I only play House Music ^^

So, I would to know your opinion about that : does I use them bad ? or some of you have the same feeling as me ? XD

Thx in advance

Good week !!
As with all effects they sound great if used correctly and in moderation. If you are using 3 or 4 combos every 30 seconds throughout every tune and every mix it's gonna sound shit!!

I'd say that if your friend are saying they don't sound good your are either using them too often or using them at the wrong time. Less is more!!
Ethel Saracco
Sounds great. I can't wait to try it out. When do you believe your tsi will be ready to share?
Jodi Lacerra
In case you guys were wondering, I figured out a clean way to merge both mappings while not losing any real functionality. The only shift is that the instant push effects mirror the IG mapping a bit more than Deckalized. However, all the other Deckalized features (Juggle Mode, Sample Slicer, etc) are there. I got it working for Ean to test and I hope to roll out a focus version as well as a normal Deckalized version soon.
Klara Neiffer
Hi all,

I was testing the instant gratification mapping on my USB keybord with BMT ; all combos pretty work as well.

But I don't find that the created effect (by example Transpose effect with Bmash) sounds good or cool ^^

My friends told me to stop these combos because they realy don't find that's musicaly good ^^

I only play House Music ^^

So, I would to know your opinion about that : does I use them bad ? or some of you have the same feeling as me ? XD

Thx in advance

Good week !!
Melia Balvaneda
Originally Posted by tyfurious
I have 2 MF's, so I'd also like to see the bank buttons be in a deckalized manner (MF 1 gets 4 modes, FX, functions, juggle, and record, while MF 2 gets the same things for deck 2). Just my 2
Tatum Ansaldo
Hi everyone, this is what I've got so far. It uses banks 3 and 4 for decks A and B.

There are 2 tsi files, one for each deck since I have about 8 mappings installed and I'm sure you don't want them all!

The functions are as follows (with reference to the previous diagram):

- Active bank button is shift.
- Play button, Sync and cue work properly (no on the fly cue as yet).
- 3rd row left 2 buttons are loop 8 and half loop.
- bottom row is same as deckalized - outside buttons change tempo, inner buttons bend tempo.
- Shift + what will be sample button activates juggle mode, shift deletes cues.
- hitting sample while holding a hotcue button deactivates juggle mode and keeps track playing. hitting play will keep track playing but NOT deactivate juggle mode.

Obviously it's a work in progress, more of a template to work from than the finished article! Very short of time recently so not had much spare for mapping. Anyone who wants to have a go at sample/slice mode please upload once you're done! Should be possible just to copy it out of the deckalized but there are a LOT of commands.

Oh and if anyone finds problems/bugs please let me know!
Chau Honrado
working on something similar for the two midifighter esque controllers i built (well am still building one) will drop a link in here once ive got a thread up and running,
Jadwiga Mainka
i was going to edit rustys tsi for the same thing .. @ no left turn can you upload your tsi?
Meg Reinoehl
I made a "custom" mapping last evening where I got rid of Decks C/D and just added a simple featureset of controls for Decks A/B to banks C/D. I added the following features:

Shift, Sync, Cue, Play
Hot cues 5-8
Hot cues 1-4

Shift+Sync = tempo bend down
Shift+Cue = tempo bend up
Shift+hot cues = delete hot cue

It's been so fun being able to lay in bed and mash away at a set without having to get up and use my VCI. Apparently I woke up this morning cuddling my MIDI Fighter. This has also got me believeing about ditching my VCI for live sets and just using a custom MIDI Fighter with my Audio 2 going out to the DJ mixer. *grumble grumble*

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy