VCI-300 Mapping (Flashflooder SE) for Traktor Pro

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: VCI-300 Mapping (Flashflooder SE) for Traktor ProReply
VCI-300 Mapping (Flashflooder SE) for Traktor Pro
Posted on: 17.09.2010 by Jodi Lacerra
Hey guys (and gals),

After a fair amount of thought and mapping hours I developed a VCI-300 mapping for Traktor Pro from scratch. FYI, I did this on my own and have not yet consulted Ean or the rest of the DJTT team on the design.

I meant to look at a lot of the other VCI-300 mappings others have made in the community and take bits and pieces of what I liked but honestly I never got around to it so I just made a design that made the most sense to me given the button and layout constraints.

In the attached zip file you will find the tsi and a picture showing the button function layout. There are also some hidden functions not shown on the layout.

For example, the center push button acts as a secondary shift (Shift2) but is only used for FX Presets (Shift2 + "Cue 1/2/3" buttons) and to select chained effects in FX Control Mode (Shift2 + EQ knobs).

In some cases the LED states don't load properly when importing the tsi. An easy way to check/fix this is to toggle the Juggle Mode and Scratch buttons for each deck.

I could go on explaining everything but I believe most of you can figure the rest out. If you have questions, find bugs (I know there are at least a few), or have general comments, please post them below!

If there are enough people who like this mapping I may do some updates to it in the future and DJTT may potentially produce some overlays for it.
Julissa Serrone
FF,

Awesome work man. Just played with this for about 30 minutes. BY FAR the best 300 mapping out there. Honestly it just makes sense. Props to you. Questions, Bugs, and Tips for others.

1. How do you turn on individual effects? I pressed shift and turn the knob and it kinda turned on and off, but was hard to control or be precise? Honestly I believe this is the hardest challenge of the 300 and why adding an X1 makes sense, I believe I'll mainly stick to Fader FX mode.

2. Fader FX mode bug. The third effect does not turn on when I bring the volume fader all the way down.

3. Tips - in Hotcue mode you can not hit shift and press an FX preset only when you are in FX control mode. No real issue, just remember your buttons can't be green. Gonna try to map shift + filter to control the gain. Also gonna map Snap and Quant somewhere. Didn't see them. Jogs work great....did you use Zac's mapping? Delay and Freeze. Hard to do a build up and then freeze it. It's either run the delay or freeze it, a little different than the 100, but still cool to have the instant effect. Slicer works perfect. No issued with decks C&D. Scrolling for songs and tree also work flawless.

FF props. This thing is tight work. Thank you for time to do this.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy