VCI-300 Mapping (Flashflooder SE) for Traktor Pro

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: VCI-300 Mapping (Flashflooder SE) for Traktor ProReply
VCI-300 Mapping (Flashflooder SE) for Traktor Pro
Posted on: 17.09.2010 by Jodi Lacerra
Hey guys (and gals),

After a fair amount of thought and mapping hours I developed a VCI-300 mapping for Traktor Pro from scratch. FYI, I did this on my own and have not yet consulted Ean or the rest of the DJTT team on the design.

I meant to look at a lot of the other VCI-300 mappings others have made in the community and take bits and pieces of what I liked but honestly I never got around to it so I just made a design that made the most sense to me given the button and layout constraints.

In the attached zip file you will find the tsi and a picture showing the button function layout. There are also some hidden functions not shown on the layout.

For example, the center push button acts as a secondary shift (Shift2) but is only used for FX Presets (Shift2 + "Cue 1/2/3" buttons) and to select chained effects in FX Control Mode (Shift2 + EQ knobs).

In some cases the LED states don't load properly when importing the tsi. An easy way to check/fix this is to toggle the Juggle Mode and Scratch buttons for each deck.

I could go on explaining everything but I believe most of you can figure the rest out. If you have questions, find bugs (I know there are at least a few), or have general comments, please post them below!

If there are enough people who like this mapping I may do some updates to it in the future and DJTT may potentially produce some overlays for it.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by DJ SCOTTY FATS
Hey all happy thanksgiving. Got a question hope you can help me out with. I'm running tsp on audio4 dj and trying to use the vci 300 as a controller. I can get the tsp to recognize the vci but the audio is crusty and not coming out properly. I don't know if it has something to do with the audio routing or nor something else. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks!
This is the wrong place for that question but since you're new, is it only when the VCI is plugged in that you have problems? If not it could be a latency issue, increase it in audio preferences until noise stops. Are you using a PC? If so, make sure you're using ASIO drivers and not the native ones.
Anamaria Ghilarducci
Originally Posted by haze324
try downloading the one I posted. The first file did not have a button to select CUE. I left the mapping the same and added CUE. Should work.
What you still care about us poor guys with VCI-300s struggling along with Traktor? Last I heard you had ditched the 300.
Gertie Hickling
Hello,

Im a beginner DJ and I just bought my first Vestax 300MKII controller.
Playing around with it and spending much time and effort trying to find a good working tsi files for Traktor, I realized It is very difficult... Im a little frustrated by now, and I'm considering to return the controller in spite of the fact that I really love this piece of gear .
Before I return it, Im hoping to find an updated and a working tsi file for Traktor, also, can anybody tell me if this controller works well with Traktor, should i keep it?

Thank you !!!!!
Bryanna Kretschmar
Hi guys,

I wanted to make this post long time ago...my apologies for the delay.
After reading many posts and using a combination of mapping settings from various users of this community (I thank them all!) I came up with the attached VCI-300 TSI mapping. It does not include any effects but it enables you to successfully use an external sound-card and traktor with the controller. The experience is almost the same as if you were using Serato ITCH but now you can have a far better sound since you can use an external sound-card as well as more mixing possibilities with the Traktor software.

I hope it helps!

Cheers,
nIkNaK
soundcloud.com/groove-service
Ming Chotiner
will this work with the VCI 300MK II ????
Arielle Malphrus
So I uploaded the tsi with the cueing function, but I have no sound coming out of my headphones, is there something that im doing wrong? Please and thankyou.
Toni Beechner
Also check this thread for VCI-300 TSI mapping: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=30748
Hellen Holdgate
Hello, (sorry for my bad english)

Thank's for this amazing setup !
I'm trying to figure out all the commands you mapped, but i have one question regarding the "Scratch" button !

When "Scratch" is on (green light on VCI300-MK2) :
i'm not abble to speed up or down the tempo by touching the edge of the Jogg (am i right ?)

When "Scratch" is off :
i'm not abble to use the Fader and the Pitch

Any solution to do all this functions together ?
Thank You
Tom
Sharonda Papoi
Hi guys!
I'm new of all of it and just looking for an advice!
I would like to buy a Vestax VCI 300 tomorrow or on tuesday.

Is it possible to use it with TRAKTOR ? I mean is it good with traktor or definatelly not ?

Looking forward to ur advices.

PS: Is it possible also to use VESTAX 300 as a Audio for Timecode ? I mean to connect 2 vynils to it and use it as 4 deks ? (instead to buy audio 8 ?)

thank u
Blondell Defrank
Having trouble getting sounds coming out from my haedphones , is it a seeting function or is the headphones don't work? Can some one email and show me how to get the headphones working on my VCI 300 with TSP?

[email protected]
Sade Tutko
Hi. Thanks for this. Almost there but not quite. Sliders aren't working. Also, Deck A is only going to the left audio out and Deck B is only going to the right audio out. Otherwise everything seems to be according to the PDF included with the preset. Working on it. I'm getting pretty far along I guess since I just started learning Traktor a little over a week ago... Going to look at the s4 and I saw mention of a new version of Itch.

Thanks again,

djbrandoncurtis
Karolis Petrauskas
Try it without the mini translator. When I had my vci300 I ran traktor fine without it. The jogs are not going to be as good as itch but all the MIDI stuff works great.

Most of us 300 users have jumped ship to the glorious s4.

Just load the .tsi file and make sure you vci is setup in the preferences correctly. MIDI in = vci 300 / MIDI out = vci 300.

Try that, if it doesn't work let us know. Someone in here will have your answer.
Sade Tutko
Hi. New here. Downloaded mini.Translator and the 300cue.tsi. Dragging the preset onto the app is not working (just not responsive). MacBook Pro. Vestax powered on. Thanks for the help!
Evette Klingel
All im wondering is so far i finally figured out using the .tsi file and played with a few of them after reading all these community s anyone have the details on which the newest and improved .tsi file. i know all you guys wuih feedback and especially the ones you bulit it took some time and i realize more in the making but, would like to grab the newest and improved beta .tsi file with headphone cue so that i can hear other tracks before they come in... and

if any one has this and has a insane LED combination followed with the .tsi file please share...
Candace Carmouche
boom
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by DJ SCOTTY FATS
Hey all happy thanksgiving. Got a question hope you can help me out with. I'm running tsp on audio4 dj and trying to use the vci 300 as a controller. I can get the tsp to recognize the vci but the audio is crusty and not coming out properly. I don't know if it has something to do with the audio routing or nor something else. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks!
This is the wrong place for that question but since you're new, is it only when the VCI is plugged in that you have problems? If not it could be a latency issue, increase it in audio preferences until noise stops. Are you using a PC? If so, make sure you're using ASIO drivers and not the native ones.
Wesley Subias
Julissa Serrone
^ LOL...

Man, I truly dig the 300 --- but with Traktor it’s not the best choice. After I tried this mapping a few times I went back to Itch. I have a huge crush on Itch and dig the waveforms, platter control, etc. I’m hoping the next release of Itch the 2.0 version will have some sweet updated features. I believe completion is great and the S4 raised the bar for everyone. It’s Serato’s move – so having a 300 could turn out to be exciting after Winter Namm.

The 300 is a solid piece of gear man, I personally believe it works best with Itch, but for anyone trying to make it work with Traktor – I understand. SO yeah, anything I can do to help.
Anamaria Ghilarducci
try downloading the one I posted. The first file did not have a button to select CUE. I left the mapping the same and added CUE. Should work.
What you still care about us poor guys with VCI-300s struggling along with Traktor? Last I heard you had ditched the 300.
Julissa Serrone
Danyelle Breid
hey guys...whenever i try to download the zip file on page 1 of this thread....all i get is a file called download.php am i doing something wrong?
Dann Eltiste
hey guys i got everything fixed.. only thing is that wen i switch to the c and d cecks the pitch fader still works on the a and b decks. is there nyway i cn fix this on my own?
Dann Eltiste
Ight guys i need major help. this is my first time using a mapping and im failing epically. Ive downloaded flashfloaders map for my mkII 5 times and have attempted to import it but it jus won't work and I have no clue as to why. can someone help me a bit?
Info:
- I using a macbook pro
- I'm running traktor pro
- I HATE ITCH FOR TRYING TO MAKE ME BUY A VFX1 JUST FOR EFFECTS
thank you so much
Gino Varn
Nice, I will test this mapp soon, I am searching a long time for it without luck.
so this is the latest best map around?:=)
Julissa Serrone
^ yes it works great.

Just don't expect the jogs to work as good as they do in Itch. Aside from that everything else works great. I posted an update to it with the headphone cue buttons.
Gino Varn
Is this mapping working successful? I will use my vestax vci-300 with traktor pro.
Anamaria Ghilarducci
So now the heat is on with the VCI-100 MKII coming out, I see the market for this product, and gosh if it had come out at the same time as the VCI-300MKII I might have even bought one.

But really the 300 is for Itch/Serato kids and the 100 for Traktor kids so there is and always was different markets for both these products. I'm happy with the 300 with Itch because the response time and sensitivity is so on point, ok so it's not real vinyl and it's not the NS7 but it's almost as good, it's just that I like Traktor more as an actual system.

Especially, since with Traktor I'm not locked down with effects controllers.

I hope that we can still work on the tsi here and keep improving it, but mostly I'm hoping there is some crossover in hardware which will mean that a VCI-300 tsi can be based in part on the VCI-100 MKII tsi for Traktor? Especially the jog wheels and other problematic areas....
Anamaria Ghilarducci
Thanks haze324,

Will check this out, with the new firmware for the VCI-100 makes you kinda wish they could reverse engineer the VCI-300 firmware and make it 100% compatible with Traktor.

Awesome work guys!

Hatch,

Yeah man there is a slight delay in the jogs when scratching. I haven't looked at how this was mapped, but the best map I have used for scratching was from this thread:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...t=13420&page=2

This may be how they were done or not, I'm not looking at Flash's map. I'll take a look at it toevening and if I can make some adjustments that improve the lag, I'll post up a .tsi.

Remeber though, it will NOT be what Itch feels like. That is another lever, it will feel as good as the VCI-100 feels...which isn't great, but something you can work with.

I have no x-fader bleed.

EDIT: The TSI on this page has a Scratch setting of 27%. Try 23% feels tighter, but still has a tad bit of a lag at the end. When your gonna let the beat play you gotta let go of the wheel as it would be going fwd. vs the last position in the end. Kinda like a weak turntable that needs a head start. Play with the numbers. I tried 25% and it felt good. Tried 23 and it felt better. Maybe 24 or 22 works best for you.
Marianna Sofie
Can anyone post some more details? I'm so confused, Coz I'm new in the vci 300 traktor mapping thx!
Julissa Serrone
FADER FX on third Effect!

Guys someone posted this earlier today:
http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...d=1#post162518

I tried fixing it around a bit to work on the 300. Give this a try on your FX 1 (left) volume fader and let me know how it works. Only the volume fader is mapped. I'm believeing this would be a fairly easy fix to add to the master tsi on this page. Things are lookin up. Now just gotta find a way to get the jogs to work a little tighter.
Julissa Serrone
Hatch,

Yeah man there is a slight delay in the jogs when scratching. I haven't looked at how this was mapped, but the best map I have used for scratching was from this thread:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...t=13420&page=2

This may be how they were done or not, I'm not looking at Flash's map. I'll take a look at it toevening and if I can make some adjustments that improve the lag, I'll post up a .tsi.

Remeber though, it will NOT be what Itch feels like. That is another lever, it will feel as good as the VCI-100 feels...which isn't great, but something you can work with.

I have no x-fader bleed.

EDIT: The TSI on this page has a Scratch setting of 27%. Try 23% feels tighter, but still has a tad bit of a lag at the end. When your gonna let the beat play you gotta let go of the wheel as it would be going fwd. vs the last position in the end. Kinda like a weak turntable that needs a head start. Play with the numbers. I tried 25% and it felt good. Tried 23 and it felt better. Maybe 24 or 22 works best for you.
Anamaria Ghilarducci
Has anyone else who scratches noticed:

1) Ramp up issue when letting go of jog wheel or,
2) Cross Fader bleed?

Tested and compared to ITCH and these issues can not be duplicated.

Thanks guys for some amazing work!
Julissa Serrone
Flash, your the man....understand your a busy guy and the 300 is additional project for you. Thanks for your help. Been messing around with the mapping and added some "super" buttons that load three chained effects, turn them on, and set a parameter, then on Fader FX i'm using the jog to bring up the dry wet. It does limit the full use of the effects, but I'm finding it easy and quick to load some of my favorite effects and not have to worry about messing with the EQ's and worry about them messing up the sound. Sometimes less is more. Sucks about the firmware -- but your mapping has made the 300 a very usable controller with TP. Thanks again man.
Jodi Lacerra
Same here. Attached is a tsi with headphone cueing. PFL A and B are now the headphone cues and to activate decks C and D it's shift + PFL A or B. The LED comes when you are in decks C and D not the headphone cue. Gotta look at the screen for that. I'm diggin the TSI but could use better control of the effects. Currently I'm controlling them all thru fader FX or just pressing the buttons. Turning them on and off thru the EQ's is pretty tricky.

FF is this possible instead of having all six buttons used to cut up the sampler. Could three of those be used to turn on and off the effects and still have three to cut up the sampler? I believe this is a happy medium and gives you the best of both worlds. I tried looking at the tsi but got lost with the sampler modifiers. My skills are not there yet.
I agree that the headphone cue's are probably more important and should have been integrated. I'll add them in for the eventual update.

As for your Effect button idea, I actually wrestled with that exact idea you explained but thought it might be more confusing to know if you were in fx control, sample slicer mode, or something else. It can definitely be done though. See the comment I posted in the message before this on better ways to utilize the FX controls, but if even after that you and others agree that it would be more useful to have the buttons in fx control mode, I could do it.

Please continue to post things you like and dislike about the mapping so I can compile all the ideas in a future update. Thanks!
Jodi Lacerra
Sorry for the delayed responses. It's been a busy week.

1. How do you turn on individual effects? I pressed shift and turn the knob and it kinda turned on and off, but was hard to control or be precise? Honestly I believe this is the hardest challenge of the 300 and why adding an X1 makes sense, I believe I'll mainly stick to Fader FX mode.
Shift + turning the EQ knobs in FX Control mode turns the Effect on with any movement and will turn it off if you move the knob all the way left to its zero position. I wanted to have buttons for the chained fx on/off buttons but space didn't really allow it. To get around this I either use the above Shift function or I use an Instant FX button to turn it on (push to hold the effect or shift plus press to toggle) and then use the Effect/EQ Knob (while in FX Control mode) to mess with the fx amount.

2. Fader FX mode bug. The third effect does not turn on when I bring the volume fader all the way down.
This third effect was the result of a modification of the VCI-100 firmware that had the level faders send out a midi note signal at the bottom position of the faders. As far as I know, this is currently not possible with the current VCI-300 firmware.

3. Tips - in Hotcue mode you can not hit shift and press an FX preset only when you are in FX control mode. No real issue, just remember your buttons can't be green. Gonna try to map shift + filter to control the gain. Also gonna map Snap and Quant somewhere. Didn't see them. Jogs work great....did you use Zac's mapping? Delay and Freeze. Hard to do a build up and then freeze it. It's either run the delay or freeze it, a little different than the 100, but still cool to have the instant effect. Slicer works perfect. No issued with decks C&D. Scrolling for songs and tree also work flawless.
I like most of your comments/tips. If there are enough recommendations/changes everyone wants I would be happy to do an update to the mapping within a week or so.
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by Qlix
Firstful I want to say huge thanks to you FF. I like how you used every button in your configuration (except I don't need to copy tracks, so I put there back headphone queing)! I will looking for every update of it!
Same here. Attached is a tsi with headphone cueing. PFL A and B are now the headphone cues and to activate decks C and D it's shift + PFL A or B. The LED comes when you are in decks C and D not the headphone cue. Gotta look at the screen for that. I'm diggin the TSI but could use better control of the effects. Currently I'm controlling them all thru fader FX or just pressing the buttons. Turning them on and off thru the EQ's is pretty tricky.

FF is this possible instead of having all six buttons used to cut up the sampler. Could three of those be used to turn on and off the effects and still have three to cut up the sampler? I believe this is a happy medium and gives you the best of both worlds. I tried looking at the tsi but got lost with the sampler modifiers. My skills are not there yet.
Maureen Keib
Firstful I want to say huge thanks to you FF. I like how you used every button in your configuration (except I don't need to copy tracks, so I put there back headphone queing)! I will looking for every update of it!
Anamaria Ghilarducci
Thank you for this, have had a little play and everything works very well.
To be honest I'm more of a simple hip hop DJ and so full on VCI-100 effects are over my head - but of course I can customise the buttons for myself.

Volume display on the VCI-300 seems to work perfectly.
The jog wheels seem to have a ramp-up issue similar to that on the early firmware versions of the 100, if you're scratching and just let go the sound takes a split second for the sound to catch up, I've found I need to push the jogwheel so the sample starts playing on time and instantly after releasing.

For some reason my cross fader has some bleed even when set at the sharpest setting on the CF knob as well as internally set as sharp/cut in Traktor setting.

Hopefully the LED problem will be remedied by future Traktor update.

Many thanks.
Julissa Serrone
BB,

Yeah brother after playing for a little while on this I couldn’t find a headphone cue button? Here’s what I’m believeing….assign the two pitch bend buttons to shift+pitch bend to assign effects 1 and 2 to the decks. Then the button two buttons to control effects can be shift + button (turns eq’s into effects knobs) leaving those buttons free to map headphone cue. I know it’s a lot of shifting going on to use the effects, but honestly having to use the EQ’s to control the effects just didn’t feel natural. I am however digging instant fx from just pressing a button.

Question to those using this. What effects do you guys like to use that do not require any knobs and can be done with just a button. The beatmasher was a good one to hit just prior to a big drop. The filter also worked well as way to kill the lows. Gater is ok. Wondering if anyone has a combo or “superbutton” type effects we could map to instant effects.

I’ll try to do the headphone cue mapping toevening and post it.

FF, again thanks for you work with this man!!!
Karolis Petrauskas
I haven't tested yet but....is there a headphone cue? I don't see it on your map. Looks great BTW!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy