My cat threw up right on my left deck crossfader!!!!!

Home :: Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics. :: My cat threw up right on my left deck crossfader!!!!!Reply
My cat threw up right on my left deck crossfader!!!!!
Posted on: 17.09.2013 by Everette Akhtar
Lil son of a bitch threw up right on my fader. Cleaned it out, but

vvv

So now when I move the fader all the way down, it moves itself back up to about 25% makin it pretty hard to play to a Cued/queued track on the left deck without it being audible (killin my mixes yo)

Anyone have a good suggestion on how to clean it out without damaging the mixer even more?
Olimpia Briden
disassembly is really the only option, you need to at the very least be able to see the fader to make sure you're not spraying cat puke all over the inside of the unit.

By the looks of things there are really 3 or 4 ways to go.

1. see if you can lift the tangs on the bottom of the fader so that you can lift the top part of the fader chassis off, then it's a simple case of rinsing the chassis part you've just removed in something suitable. Same goes for the knob part of the fader, be very careful not to bend the contacts on the bottom. Lastly clean the carbon tracks very carefully. make sure everything is thoroughly dry (you can use a hair dryer from a reasonable distance, those circuit boards and most of the components can cope with 200c+ but be mindful of plastic parts, you can cover those parts loosely in tin foil if you're worried about melting anything. Even after doing that I'd still leave things a day with the unit in a dry place with air movement, just to make sure nothing got anywhere it shouldn't have done. It might seem overkill but if liquid got anywhere else with you cleaning things you could make things worse by being too eager to turn things back on.

2. Desolder the pukefader from the board, clean it up as suggested in 1. then resolder. If it can't be fixed, buy a replacement and re-solder. You can't really see the bottom of the fader too well on that blog picture, so it's hard to see whether there is any clearance or not, it should only be 3-4 solder points and you might not have to get it all the way out, just enough to lift the tangs for step one then the metal chassis will just lift off.

3. Get a pair of fine tipped curved tweezers and a jewellers loupe, start picking out whatever debris you can, it's a messy job but someone's gotta do it!!

4. Take it to someone who knows what they're doing
Trevor Domigan
Originally Posted by typeomega
THIS
but found this for you

http://goldeneyeja.blogspot.com/2012...pro-fixes.html

it might help, honestly disassemble seems like you best option at this point
If it's the crossfader, that link will help. I did that with my old mixtrack (note it's only mk1 I believe) and it worked.
Augustine Mitzen
kill the cat and cook it
Izola Larose
Originally Posted by arsman
its a sign to get a new controller! cat = win!

THIS

is it a volume fade or a cross fade. whichever it is just learn to mix with the other. seems like a grate opportunity to increase them mixing skills

but found this for you

http://goldeneyeja.blogspot.com/2012...pro-fixes.html

it might help, honestly disassemble seems like you best option at this point
Petra Arra
its a sign to get a new controller! cat = win!
Everette Akhtar
Originally Posted by shr3dder
Ahhh.. It's a controller then I take it?

Avoid liquids or jamming shit in there too clean it you'll make it worse, compressed air is the go like deevey said, but I too don't like your chances..

it's a noobmark mixtrack pro.

gonna try some compressed air tomorrow
Ara Tima
Originally Posted by FinancialGrime
there's no way to take the faceplate off of mine.
I can only get into where it may be by accessing it through the slit that the fader knob goes down into.
So basically what should i jam in there and wipe it with? If i use something slightly wet am i gonna fuck it up???
Ahhh.. It's a controller then I take it?

Avoid liquids or jamming shit in there too clean it you'll make it worse, compressed air is the go like deevey said, but I too don't like your chances..
Rolanda Clodfelder
Make sure you get as much crap out from the fader and general as possible ..

Unfortunatly Vomit is Acidic and may just eat though the Carbon track and I've seen what human vomit can do to DJ mixers ... Might be new fader time

You can try spraying it out with something like this (not too much) and compressed air to flush down any lumps (ewww)... It might just do the trick, but would not hold my breath .

What mixer is it .. you might need to take the chassis apart, but you NEED to ensure there are no traces of vomit on the board.
Everette Akhtar
Originally Posted by shr3dder
Cat's are awesome.

Take the faceplate off and make sure there's no liquid/vomit/gunk inside...

Although if it was powered on, or you've turned it on and there was stuff inside still the damage might be already done...
there's no way to take the faceplate off of mine.
I can only get into where it may be by accessing it through the slit that the fader knob goes down into.
So basically what should i jam in there and wipe it with? If i use something slightly wet am i gonna fuck it up???
Ara Tima
Cat's are awesome.

Take the faceplate off and make sure there's no liquid/vomit/gunk inside...

Although if it was powered on, or you've turned it on and there was stuff inside still the damage might be already done...

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy