Frogstar's Zombie Raver Vomit setup

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: Frogstar's Zombie Raver Vomit setupReply
Frogstar's Zombie Raver Vomit setup
Posted on: 28.12.2011 by Jacquiline Dua

This must be my 20th setup in the last 2 years...
Francene Cafaro
Wow, much better!

Why did you ditch the MBP?
Dagny Liciaga
looks awesome!...theres functionality to those tags on the wall?
Jacquiline Dua
Im just too lazy to take the chip out of my camera.. so I always use my crappy phone cam
Francene Cafaro
Do you have a better camera?

This one is not doing your work justice...
Jacquiline Dua
Decided to make setup with out being a slave to my macbook ball and chain pro

Tillie Sliman
Originally Posted by djfrogstar
You got balls, dude. Brass ones.
Jacquiline Dua
Mainly aftereffects.. been using this almost 18 years now. You have the most control with AE over any other program bar none. Photoshop with wheels is what we always called it.
Francene Cafaro
What are you using to edit video?
Jacquiline Dua
Jacquiline Dua
Originally Posted by Smaze
What is "NextStep"?
NextStep=Video/audio blend

The name is appropriate because pure music has not changed since the begining. The genre is beyond just music. Installations, interactive elements, visualizations, video sampling.. all that stuff.. is NextStep.

Here is something I made around 6 years ago with a friend.. we bounced the music to the video and the video to the music.. old school stuff.. but kind of an idea Ive been getting back into again..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LZaK1PGtU4
Audie Humphreys
Insane.
Francene Cafaro
What is "NextStep"?
Kellee Quarless
Originally Posted by djfrogstar
Most everything I produce is made just to be manipulated live.. Im kind of taking the long road because for me NextStep style is based on building a track to 3d animation/video manipulation and then adjusting the audio to fit the video, and then vice versa till I can get it fuzed into something strange. Problem is atm Im working fulltime so Im spending most of my time with elements of different things which later will be combined. Im coming from a MTV background where all of this was just daily work but only for 5-20 second clips. 12 years of MTV and some DMT has warped my view of making generic things. I tend to stay away from the formula which makes things go slower.. And my current job is way to dangerous in terms of time. I can be called at any time of the day or evening .. which never allows me to focus on anything for too long.
This explains everything
Jacquiline Dua
Most everything I produce is made just to be manipulated live.. Im kind of taking the long road because for me NextStep style is based on building a track to 3d animation/video manipulation and then adjusting the audio to fit the video, and then vice versa till I can get it fuzed into something strange. Problem is atm Im working fulltime so Im spending most of my time with elements of different things which later will be combined. Im coming from a MTV background where all of this was just daily work but only for 5-20 second clips. 12 years of MTV and some DMT has warped my view of making generic things. I tend to stay away from the formula which makes things go slower.. And my current job is way to dangerous in terms of time. I can be called at any time of the day or evening .. which never allows me to focus on anything for too long.
Francene Cafaro
Do you produce?

Where can I listen to your stuff?
Jacquiline Dua
Originally Posted by digi16v
WOW!!:eek::eek:
I have never seen anything like this before. not sure what to say about it.
how bout......... DIFFERENT!!

what genre do you spin and does this setup leave the house?
Well I dont spin anymore since leaving Berlin. Now Im just producing NextStep.
But in the past mainly dnb/hardcore/gabber/Psy/Grime/Breakcore.

For live music, Ill bring as much as I need for whatever Im doing.. So Maschine/apc40/kore2/launchpad for minimal setup. If I can drive to the venue, then Ill bring Xone 92, Axis 49, and a second launchpad. Last time I played at my friends club in Miami I brought that setup.

Decided to turn one of my EMXs into a PSY only kick drum generator to be filtered in Ableton

regular light

UV light

no light-glow

added the final paint to the tempest... no more than this will make it onto this sick drum machine from hell
Kylie Prusko
WOW!!:eek::eek:
I have never seen anything like this before. not sure what to say about it.
how bout......... DIFFERENT!!

what genre do you spin and does this setup leave the house?
Latoria Kavulich
you play psy mate?
Lanette Heinitz
trippy lol
Vikki Jeannoel
gross!
Verlene Geevarghese
OMG that :92!

But on the other side, good for you for doing what you want. It's your hard earned cash, and what you choose to do with what you spend it on is your prerogative.

I seriously almost cried though.
Jacquiline Dua
Originally Posted by Xonetacular
I believe the tempest already has eyes, hopefully it doesn't get covered in zombie raver vomit.
As you can see... It only has a strip of velcro across the logo... I wont be messing with this beyond the custom colored knobs I ordered from DJTT 3 weeks ago.. and am still waiting for them to get the parts

Its hard to describe how nice it is to edit parameters on the Tempest. A bit expensive though... Until I get an interclock box to perfectly sync the tempest with a mac, I will just be sampling the tempest and using to control Modul8
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by Rukks
Dear god do not touch the tempest, i understand your art but do dave smith some justice....that is not a generic midi controller and should not be treated as such

Hope u understand what you have there haha
I believe the tempest already has eyes, hopefully it doesn't get covered in zombie raver vomit.
Lang Abriel
Dear god do not touch the tempest, i understand your art but do dave smith some justice....that is not a generic midi controller and should not be treated as such

Hope u understand what you have there haha
Carlee Pickard
Taste The Rainbow.

Feels like a weird, crazy, and intense Skittles advertisement.
Jacquiline Dua
Ill take some more pics tommorrow evening with blacklight flood.

yeah common controls mainly... like LFO rate, LFO amount.. or the whole Attack delay sustain release.... Also color coded stuff like sets of letters on different colors or numbers.. so I can see where the routing is going from APC to Maschine or on the Xone 92. Also have stuff like 1,2 3,4 5,6 so I know which output from my soundcard is on what channel. I modded my xone 92 and removed all the phono preamps so I can have double the amount of line inputs.
This is mainly for a song by song basis when working on a live mixdown... or the basic workflow I keep consistent... I guess the phrase.... Method to the madness applies here.

because all the paint is UV reactive.. its ambient light is enough to see any control in a dark situation. The glow in the dark stuff helps too.
I use a DMXIS USB and a DMX UV LED panel... so the whole thing lights up in time to any channel I need to have it driven from.
Patrica Giancaterino
I LOL'd when I saw the eyes on your tempest.. that just looks hilarious. Cool setup, sounds like a very complex process..
Tillie Sliman
Wow dude... dude wow.
Romelia Stankard
What are all the labels on the board, you mean like you have velcro labels for controls that you swap out depending on how something is mapped?

Can you take some close ups of the maschine and other gear?
Jacquiline Dua
yeah got the Tempest for xmas.. Wanted to have something which bypasses needing a computer to use.
Its all permenant.. the fabric paint.. For me its like the Matrix.. do you take the red pill and just have a generic midi controller that everyone else has which contains no soul. Or do you take the blue pill and add a mix of functionality and form to your controller which creates more of a bond to your instrument and gives it a soul.
I use a velcro system I developed with laminated 9 mil thick plastic labels for every control you ever could hope to use in any DAW. Took me about 2 months, 500$ worth of velcro/ UV labels, and alot of patience. Every label has 8 cuts, 4 for the label, 4 to chamfer the corners so they are not pointed. Ive got 1600+ labels which are categorized and laid out on a wall and in a special velcro patch book system the Military uses.

as far as the LSD arts and crafts.... Well I have a background in art, and pictures can never do it justice, because its all UV reactive and glow in the dark. If you have never touched fabric paint its hard to describe... but its literally hardening into plastic.
The velcro system on the gear has the o2 cut off.. so the velcro wont come off.. plus its industrial strength. This allows me to position my gear in ways you never thought possible. Same idea behind a guitar pedal board
Roseline Canright
dude i'm loosing it just looking at....
Romelia Stankard
I'm not sure what I'm looking at, what on earth have you done to that hardware and is it permanent? Looks like someone took a bunch of acid and had arts and crafts time.

Also is that a Tempest?
Jacquiline Dua

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy