Reloop Gear

Reloop Gear
Posted on: 12.02.2013 by Doreen Schurle

My new mixer arrived today, so thought I'd take a quick photo and show you guys what I'm working with atm
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Stewe
You always put the speakers on the amp like that? Covering dedicated area for letting all the heat to come out. Sorry, I'm kinda allergic to see people do that

I like Reloop controllers, pretty nice quality and design.
Haha not usually, but I've got two dirty great big monitors in the way and when they're at desk level they're hidden behind the monitors; putting them on the amp (on the right, and an external LTO tape drive on the left) brings them upwards and outwards which is much better.

The amp has ventilation on ALL sides of the case and never really gets that hot so it's not too bad
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by synthet1c
lol, when did they change the title?
They didn't, I just tried to change it and all it does is change the title of the POST not the thread lol
Doreen Schurle
Damn, you can't change the thread title... 'tis a bit more than just Reloop stuff now but I suppose it still fits considering my reputation as a Reloop whore

Thought I'd show you guys my desk setup as well:

Special thanks to xonetacular for the Komplete Audio 6; when practicing I just plug the output from the Z1 into Input 1 and 2, enable monitoring, and away I go.

A vanity shot of the cables I'm using

And finally, me doing my Saturday evening thing with my Contours and my new Z1
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by makar1
USB is only an option for 1 and 3, so 2 outs? Counting each mono output is kind of pointless as noone mixes in mono - and it's not even possible to split the outputs into 4 monos on the RMX40.
They're still called 4 in 4 out interfaces though ;P That's just basic terminology lol.

For example, the Contour is a 10-out interface; the Mixtrack Pro is a 4-out, the RMX a 4-in-4-out, etc.
Doreen Schurle
Looks like it's only a 2-out soundcard, and you have to use both USB ports to access both channels?
It's a kinda funny setup tbh... it's basically 4 in 4 out, but ONE pair of the ins takes its input from Master rather than a channel. So basically, you could theoretically use it as a DVS, but only with a single TT/CDJ.

The outputs run into channels 1 and 3; you just flick the selector to USB, assign the channels in Traktor or whatever software you're using, and you're off.

I find the Master USB in quite useful for recording; haven't tested it with timecode yet as I don't have any timecode vinyls on hand, but theoretically it should work fine - just only on one side
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Landsnark
Wow, I've never seen that mixer before.... looks pretty decent.
The RMX-40? Yeah it's pretty nice, especially considering the price. USB inputs are a little bizarre (1 channel input with a second MASTER input), although using it as a 4-out soundcard works pretty well. Latency isn't too bad at all
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Stewe
You always put the speakers on the amp like that? Covering dedicated area for letting all the heat to come out. Sorry, I'm kinda allergic to see people do that

Haha not usually, but I've got two dirty great big monitors in the way and when they're at desk level they're hidden behind the monitors; putting them on the amp (on the right, and an external LTO tape drive on the left) brings them upwards and outwards which is much better.

The amp has ventilation on ALL sides of the case and never really gets that hot so it's not too bad
Kellie Myrum

Augustine Mitzen
it did change the thread title, though
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
oh, that's not funny then
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by synthet1c
They didn't, I just tried to change it and all it does is change the title of the POST not the thread lol
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Doreen Schurle
Damn, you can't change the thread title... 'tis a bit more than just Reloop stuff now but I suppose it still fits considering my reputation as a Reloop whore

Thought I'd show you guys my desk setup as well:

Special thanks to xonetacular for the Komplete Audio 6; when practicing I just plug the output from the Z1 into Input 1 and 2, enable monitoring, and away I go.

A vanity shot of the cables I'm using

And finally, me doing my Saturday evening thing with my Contours and my new Z1
Doreen Schurle
USB is only an option for 1 and 3, so 2 outs? Counting each mono output is kind of pointless as noone mixes in mono - and it's not even possible to split the outputs into 4 monos on the RMX40.
They're still called 4 in 4 out interfaces though ;P That's just basic terminology lol.

For example, the Contour is a 10-out interface; the Mixtrack Pro is a 4-out, the RMX a 4-in-4-out, etc.
Alphonso Deitchman
Doreen Schurle
Looks like it's only a 2-out soundcard, and you have to use both USB ports to access both channels?
It's a kinda funny setup tbh... it's basically 4 in 4 out, but ONE pair of the ins takes its input from Master rather than a channel. So basically, you could theoretically use it as a DVS, but only with a single TT/CDJ.

The outputs run into channels 1 and 3; you just flick the selector to USB, assign the channels in Traktor or whatever software you're using, and you're off.

I find the Master USB in quite useful for recording; haven't tested it with timecode yet as I don't have any timecode vinyls on hand, but theoretically it should work fine - just only on one side
Alphonso Deitchman
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Landsnark
The RMX-40? Yeah it's pretty nice, especially considering the price. USB inputs are a little bizarre (1 channel input with a second MASTER input), although using it as a 4-out soundcard works pretty well. Latency isn't too bad at all
Merlyn Birchfield
Lakendra Sasek
reloop contours are highly underrated controllers.. i hardly use them but im glad i bought them..
Alphonso Deitchman
Similarly you can also map several of the CDJ buttons (including the Reloop button ) when in HID mode to cover other things like FX.

If you have the CDJs available, you may as well use the large platters and physical faders for transport and dedicate the Contour to FX/samples/additional decks.
Dino Hapgood
Originally Posted by Henzo
Just curious, could I just bring my reloop contour in, and hook it up to my laptop, and use cdj 2000's in HID mode and use the contours soundcard to control traktor and cdjs with?
Uh...you can just use the cdj 2ks as soundcards... Why on earth would you use contours over cdj 2ks in HID given the option? Plus the pio 8/900 on board effects, in terms of ease of use, and accessibility blow traktor out of the water. Sure you have more options in traktor but sometimes too many options is a bad thing. I'm not hating on the reloops either, it's a nice bit of kit, but it seems redundant to have cdj2ks, a pio mixer, and the contours. Unless you want a dedicated 3rd/4th deck controller and the club only has 2 2ks available. Definitely wouldn't run my sound through the if the club already has the 2ks set up to go.
Doreen Schurle
awesome, I'm glad I bought these then!!
Tbh if you're playing somewhere that already has a decent mixer, you don't even need to use the CDJs; the Contours can be mapped to do everything the CDJs can and more

The lack of a dedicated pitch fader is NOT a problem; you see the Pitchbend mode selector above the jogwheel? Go into your mapping in Traktor and add Tempo Adjust to be Shift+Jogturn in Pitchbend mode; that way, you can REALLY quickly beatmatch by ear (if you're not a sync guy)
Ada Coloma
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
You could do, yeah. The CDJs would just act as your transport controls, then you can use the Contour for loops/beatjumps/FX and your audio output etc
awesome, I'm glad I bought these then!!
Doreen Schurle
Just curious, could I just bring my reloop contour in, and hook it up to my laptop, and use cdj 2000's in HID mode and use the contours soundcard to control traktor and cdjs with?
You could do, yeah. The CDJs would just act as your transport controls, then you can use the Contour for loops/beatjumps/FX and your audio output etc
Ada Coloma
Doreen Schurle
Little update for my new shiny:

As well as a dedicated area for practice:

And yes, I'm a MAJOR Reloop whore :P
Thomas Dresel
that case is really cool! too bad it's discontinued! but i read somewhere that reloop was bringing it back! maybe in they're community ? can't remember exactly!
a setup like that kind of reminds me of a allen & heath 4d!!!
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by SJJVEN
Thats actually a really nice looking mixer! How much are they going for ?

Checked the website and found this on the detailed specs: Incl. demo software Traktor 3

wtf??
Salina Diersen
Yes and your mixer will be gone soon also......., but that was announced 2 years ago. It's nice, but it's made for quite some years . Though i've had the reloop mterminal mix 4 controller and it was pretty good for the money))
Totally mismanagment from reloop and no service, therefore it ain't populair. But if they've brought it out onder right time included itch and an innofader for about 750euro's, you've had an amazing deck with the best platters (besides the denon's offcourse)and a rock-solid build logical ,grfeat sounding handy mixer. But they messed up and gave a traktor mapping mapping.....sad story...so i sold mine.... And i also saw that the not very old iq+usb is out of the collection.... Yes that one was overp[rized. Though i really like those contours of yours....

gr.rich
Marcos Zelko
Thats actually a really nice looking mixer! How much are they going for ?

Checked the website and found this on the detailed specs: Incl. demo software Traktor 3

wtf??
Doreen Schurle
Well it turns out that the Reloop Contour Pad has been discontinued AS WELL as the RMX/Contour Case

I'm still crying about the case tbh, look at how beautiful it is:

Still, I have to do SOMETHING about the Contours, so I bought a generic block of foam big enough to get a couple of these things out of off eBay for
Venetta Viescas
Cool, finally someone else having this kind of a setup, looks cool

And I'm on the same boat with you about the modular believeing, I just need to take Contour's + laptop with me and use the club mixer + for me they look more professional than a all-in-one controller.

Good luck
Marine Bavis
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
You can always replace the microswitches themselves with higher quality ones; they're only about 5p each, just requires a steady hand and a fine tip soldering iron
lucky for me I'm engineer
It just have so much button and push-encoders that if the hardware was good this controller was a bad-ass!
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by dj Portugez
nice setup!!!
well i have them too with a djm 800 in between them.
they have a perfect layout, but the hardwere not so good... some buttons stop making the *click* the hot cue's become not precise
bottom line, I wish it was like pioneer quality that you know you can trust on them, and not like in the middle of the set hot cue button stop working.
You can always replace the microswitches themselves with higher quality ones; they're only about 5p each, just requires a steady hand and a fine tip soldering iron
Marine Bavis
nice setup!!!
well i have them too with a djm 800 in between them.
they have a perfect layout, but the hardwere not so good... some buttons stop making the *click* the hot cue's become not precise
bottom line, I wish it was like pioneer quality that you know you can trust on them, and not like in the middle of the set hot cue button stop working.
Doreen Schurle
Holy crap, so many questions haha

Yeah, it's an RMX-40 USB; got it off WhyBuyNew.co.uk as B-Stock... all because one of the little foam blocks in the box was torn lmao. The mixer itself is mint, and rock solid... not mad keen on the knobs/fader caps it comes with, but I'll probably replace them when I can find a cheaper alternative to Chroma Caps.

The EQ curves on the RMX are LOVELY; far better than the preset profiles in Traktor. The FX built into the mixer aren't really my style - very similar to the Pioneer stuff, but I've got full control over Traktor's FX using the Contours anyway.

At the moment, those Contours are balanced on 2x fag packets each, hence why they appear to be floating lmao. I just bought a couple of Contour Pads, the foam blocks that Reloop make for raising the height of the Contour up to the same level as the RMX...
Isa Erik
Originally Posted by DubluW
Wow, love the look of those Reloops!

Why did you choose a modular setup over an all in one controller? How does it compare, if you've had an all in one before?
modular is the way to go
- you can easily upgrade/sell a piece of gear if a new one comes
- for a club gig, he can carry his laptop and contours/PL-1/SC2000's and not depend on CDJ's installed in club (timecode/hid setup) but still get that CDJ "feel" (ok, maybe not with his gear since it doesnt have pitch faders but SC2000 & PL-1 do have it)
Chandra Lean
I Love my RMP3-a's
Thomas Dresel
nice! been wanting to get a pair of contours myself! are yours the Interface edition?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy