Deep House/Bass Music

Home :: General Discussion :: Deep House/Bass MusicReply
Deep House/Bass Music
Posted on: 01.02.2012 by Kelley Mendrick
Just wanted to get a rough idea on what people's thoughts on deep house and bass music are? SBTRKT, Pearson Sound, Disclosure, Boddika, Blawan, Maya Jane Coles, Eats Everything, Julio Bashmore, Mosca, Catz n Dogz...

Are these all artists popular with DJTT community members? I just wandered what the general feel for music here was!

P.S if you are into this kind of music leave some feedback on my quick 15minute mix! Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/tukker_uk/malfunctionbassmix

Peace, tukker.
Nereida Jasnoch
^
This is the most recent one on their channel.

At a certain moment a dude on the seat is just on his phone.
Also you can care a lot about the DJ and still show your appreciation by dancing. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to attend one of their evening s one day but they strike me as attracting the weirdest/most boring crowd ever.
Also hipster-level of the charts
Cori Ozanich
Originally Posted by MyUsername
I don't believe you.
Nothing ever goes off in the boiler room. Ever.
There are basically two reasons why the crowd never seems to really dance during boiler room sets.
1) They're interested in watching the DJ perform as opposed to not caring at all, and just going to dance
2) Boiler room evens are usually packed, like really packed, with no space for moving about

Source: been to a couple of boiler events at Dekmantel festival this year
Jetta Drenzek
I don't believe you.

unrelated:
Boiler Room Set = Find amazing 32 (Or even 4. Or even 1.) beat loop. Leave it on for an hour.

THAT 1 BEAT LOOP WENT OFFFFFFFFF

Also, nice track!
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by JakeMitchell
boiler room.
Originally Posted by JakeMitchell
Went off
I don't believe you.

unrelated:
Hayden Raugh
Originally Posted by Sambo
What does everyone believe of Bashmore's latest effort?

Reminds me of Sunhara's sound.

I like it!
Jetta Drenzek
What does everyone believe of Bashmore's latest effort?

Reminds me of Sunhara's sound.

Ada Matzkin
i dont know if https://soundcloud.com/hannah_wants has been mentioned yet but she is certainly putting out some dope stuff.
Gertude Samsky
Ejeca dropped this in his boiler room. Went off, pretty sick tune.

Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by city_boy07
I can't remember it either from following you from here (DJTT) or from trying to find hip hop/house remixes on google!!

Either way I'm glad I did
Alright geeza, nice one
Hayden Raugh
Originally Posted by MaxOne
Ha quality! Glad you like ;-) How did you get a copy / hear about it if you dont mind me asking... facebook / soundcloud? As in if you didn't know where it was from etc... Just wondering how you picked it up so i can pursue avenues to get it out there more...

Nice one geeza!
I can't remember it either from following you from here (DJTT) or from trying to find hip hop/house remixes on google!!

Either way I'm glad I did
Ming Devis

Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by city_boy07
fucking hell, this is wierd.... i played THAT ^^^ on saturday evening at my recidency and got asked by about 5-6 people who/what it was....

had no idea it was from a fellow DJTT member.... great work buddy!! absolutly mixed my two fav genres together without ruining a classic!!!!

my hat goes off to you sir
Ha quality! Glad you like ;-) How did you get a copy / hear about it if you dont mind me asking... facebook / soundcloud? As in if you didn't know where it was from etc... Just wondering how you picked it up so i can pursue avenues to get it out there more...

Nice one geeza!
Hayden Raugh
fucking hell, this is wierd.... i played THAT ^^^ on saturday evening at my recidency and got asked by about 5-6 people who/what it was....

had no idea it was from a fellow DJTT member.... great work buddy!! absolutly mixed my two fav genres together without ruining a classic!!!!

my hat goes off to you sir
Hipolito Scionti
What you lot believe of this? Bass Hip House vibes...

https://soundcloud.com/djmaxone/cold-fresh-and-juicy
Rana Rigling
Speed garage/bassline vibes from that one. Parts of it sound alright but other parts... nah, not for me.
Kristofer Krauel
^^ WTF is that??!!^^
Valery Forestier
I realize this is a little higher bpm and not totally in the depths of deep house but I enjoyed this one that came out today.
http://soundcloud.com/housemusic/rel...son-of-kick-ft
Valery Forestier
I love this thread! Thank you all!
Hayden Raugh
I dropped this at one of manchester's bars to be on Saturday during a second trial shift for sat evening rescidency!!!

For complete shits and giggles and WOW the reaction was insane!
Kristofer Krauel
CHECK OUT DIS FRESH BASS BANGER GUYZ! GUARANTEED TO GO OFF IN DA CLUB!

Haha... Seriously though the early 2000 UK garage scene is full of bass bangers, most of them like rocking horse turd to find on 320 or higher with extended mixes.
Guilty pleasure right there!!!

DEFINITELY garage. Might be a little commercial but garage non-the-less so I'd say that classes as bass music.
Loyd Cilek
BOOM, Proper daft track, comes in about 2 and half minutes in. Sounds like jackin' house if you speed it up.
You absolute diamond. I heard Terry Francis playing it 9sped up like you say) and it went off.
Edwardo Rothenberger
Hmmm...Daniel Bedingfield..........Poppy speed garage rack..........Bass music.........?
Jetta Drenzek
Originally Posted by DeanOakley
I know this isn't the track ID thread but I thought i'd have more luck in here.

Anyone know what this track is?

Thanks

BOOM, Proper daft track, comes in about 2 and half minutes in. Sounds like jackin' house if you speed it up.
Jetta Drenzek
CHECK OUT DIS FRESH BASS BANGER GUYZ! GUARANTEED TO GO OFF IN DA CLUB!

Haha... Seriously though the early 2000 UK garage scene is full of bass bangers, most of them like rocking horse turd to find on 320 or higher with extended mixes.
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by johney
well, dubstep is bass music
I know, but when I believe of dubstep I'm inclined to believe about Digital Mystikz and when I see bass music I believe about Akkord or something.

It's just more clear you know
Dubstep = Bass Music
Bass Music ≠ Dubstep
Loyd Cilek
I know this isn't the track ID thread but I thought i'd have more luck in here.

Anyone know what this track is?

Thanks
Hank Guidas
Original is nice too; it has nothing to do with bass music though.
Augustine Mitzen
I know it's dubstep but I believe it would really fit in a bass music set.

More tracks like this please.
thx
well, dubstep is bass music
Ming Devis
Rochel Papillion

free download in description
Nereida Jasnoch
I know it's dubstep but I believe it would really fit in a bass music set.

More tracks like this please.
thx
Merlyn Birchfield
Ahhh yes... been playing "Whipped Cream" all summer long. Lovely track
Ming Devis
Probably posted this before but every time I listen to it I can't believe how perfect it is

More on the classic side of house but the bass line is BIG on a good set of speakers
Karisa Dieleman
Deep, tech and indie are the most popular genres in europe atm... At least what i am aware of
Merlyn Birchfield

Click here to see it on Mixcloud

30 minutes (exactly) of music on the deeper/darker end of house and nu disco. Got a lot of response from my last one in here, so figured I'd post this one up
Random X

There ya go
Yeah, this is the vibe I love!
Jetta Drenzek
Originally Posted by danielriosrendon
DEEP! DEEP! DEEP! BASS!
I wouldn't say that's disco house at all. To me disco house is house with... Disco vibes? Like the mainstream dance stuff from 2000-2006. This is just general deep house and 4x4 garage. Some deep tracks in there though, oooofff!
Anibal Hoormann
Joella Stottsberry
DEEP! DEEP! DEEP! BASS!
Charline Gossom
Thank you so much, I knew I had it!

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy