Midifighter Update for Mac OS X

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midifighter Update for Mac OS XReply
Midifighter Update for Mac OS X
Posted on: 05.01.2011 by robert chanda
We now have a version of Midifighter Update for Mac OS X, version 10.4 and up, downloadable from here:

Open the DMG file as usual and drag the app onto the Desktop or into your Applications folder before executing it (super important to run it outside of the DMG, it downloads a temporary file).

Try it out and report any successes or issues to this thread.

You're welcome.
Deirdre Jandres
Success!!!
Carin Mcalevy
everythingworks fine now i did the wire trick and it works fine. when i tried to update it again it went through everything normally however when i was prompted to enter boot mode i couldnt bc the MF was still stuck at that point so it just said failed to enter bootloader mode. however i was able to update this using the pc install and it worked fine.
Meg Reinoehl
Worked perfectly. Thank you SO much for this! This is a godsend compared to how you had to update it before.
Manda Hannegan
Nevermind, after messing around with it for the past 2 hours I realized that I didn't have the program saved in the right spot. I forgot to copy the Midifighter app to my app folder to get it to work. Everything's working now.
Manda Hannegan
Getting an error that says "Unable to open temporary file: Read-only file system Flashing the Midifighter... Midifighter erased. Failed send HEX file to the Midifighter" what do I do? Now I've got all of the lights on except the shift light and it is not recognizing. Please help!
robert chanda
Originally Posted by notshy
Hmmm - have you tried entering boot loader mode by shorting the terminals on the circuit board
http://djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=17824

Jergo, did you get any error messages during the flash? What did the text say? Did you get a large graphic saying "Success!" or was there an error reported in the readout? What version of OSX are you running? What did you see on screen while you run the MFUpdate app?

Like the guy said try the "piece of wire" technique to get into bootloader mode and reflash again.
Candie Kletter
my update works!!
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Originally Posted by Jergo
hey i just tried to flash my MF on my mac and what happened is after the flash the shift key is the only one illuminated every time i try to plug in my MF and i tried to reflash it however it wont let me go into bootloader mode and just that one button is illuminated help?
Hmmm - have you tried entering boot loader mode by shorting the terminals on the circuit board
http://djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=17824
Carin Mcalevy
hey i just tried to flash my MF on my mac and what happened is after the flash the shift key is the only one illuminated every time i try to plug in my MF and i tried to reflash it however it wont let me go into bootloader mode and just that one button is illuminated help?
Leeanna Ayla
My Midi Fighter was shipped on Tuesday so this is pretty timely. Unless new Midi Fighters come with the latest firmware? Hadn't really thought about that.
Lorelei Przybylowicz
I previously flashed my MF using DeveloperTools - I'll have a go with this installer to test it out for you guys!

Success Reported here.
Lickity Split.

Just need to get my dam high output LEDs so I can get the LED mod working now!

Cheers.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy