Midifighter Update for Mac OS X

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midifighter Update for Mac OS XReply
Midifighter Update for Mac OS X
Posted on: 05.01.2011 by robert chanda
We now have a version of Midifighter Update for Mac OS X, version 10.4 and up, downloadable from here:

Open the DMG file as usual and drag the app onto the Desktop or into your Applications folder before executing it (super important to run it outside of the DMG, it downloads a temporary file).

Try it out and report any successes or issues to this thread.

You're welcome.
Kesha Ericksen
Originally Posted by joeymeyer
@ Fatlimey, did you ever get a work around for the mac 10.6.2 Intel Core Duo, i remember something about it not being 64 bit or something?
Fat Limey I have the same problem. 2006 Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard. Saying its not supported when I try & run it.

I'm doing everything as said.

Please help!
Candie Kletter
yeah i tried it again and agian ... f**k^^

next problem is ... when i connect the MF no visual feedback from the LED
Candie Kletter
I
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by willinfluence
If so how do i activate the four banks mode?

thanks.
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=9961
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by JesC
you can change the name of the MF thru the audio/midi on OSX, i had changed the name of my VCI
I just changed the name of mine in audio/midi but It didn't show up as a different name when I selected the port in Traktor. How did you do it JesC?
Kesha Ericksen
Originally Posted by joeymeyer
@ Fatlimey, did you ever get a work around for the mac 10.6.2 Intel Core Duo, i remember something about it not being 64 bit or something?
Fat Limey I have the same problem. 2006 Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard. Saying its not supported when I try & run it.

I'm doing everything as said.

Please help!
Carola Wyllys
never mind... got it
Carola Wyllys
Hi

I need some help.
just got my midi fighter
trying to install this firmware.
Using mac book pro
this is the error i get when i run the firmware

Contacting DJTechTools...
Unable to open temporary file:
Read-only file system
FLashing the Midifighter...
Midifighter erased.
Failed send HEX file to the Midifighter.

anyone experienced that before?
Harley Hendzel
Just loaded it up. Works great on OS X 10.6.6
Jadwiga Mainka
send me a pm when you get it all sorted, ive been relly wanting to use the new mapping but cant just yet. thanks fatlimey
robert chanda
It's on the list.
Jadwiga Mainka
Leeanna Ayla
glad you got it sorted.
Candie Kletter
yeah i tried it again and agian ... f**k^^

next problem is ... when i connect the MF no visual feedback from the LED
Leeanna Ayla
Are you sure you're not in bootloader mode? There's no visual aids when you use the jumper method. I believe proben said when he clicked okay it was all good.
Candie Kletter
I
Ella Rick
Thanks Photojojo.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by willinfluence

thanks.
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=9961
Ella Rick
Hi,

I've updated my midi fighter via mac update,
does that mean I have the four banks mode etc.

thanks.
Danae Dumler
echo that, big thanks fatlimey!
Melania Wollenhaupt
Worked for me after months of a useless Bricked Midi Fighter.

I used a bent paper clip for the Boot Connectors, and did manual DFU Mode.

there is no indication from the MidiFigher (Via LEDS) that you have managed to enter DFU Mode. but after removing the paperclip from the Reset pads i tried the Mac program and my Midi fighter lights did the welcome start up chase after a very quick firmware update.
(Less then 2 Seconds)

Thanks Fatlimey for your work on getting the Mac App to Us.

Lov your Work!!
Danae Dumler
Same here - I changed in Audio Midi but Traktor still shows the ports as "MidiFighter"
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by JesC
you can change the name of the MF thru the audio/midi on OSX, i had changed the name of my VCI
I just changed the name of mine in audio/midi but It didn't show up as a different name when I selected the port in Traktor. How did you do it JesC?
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by djproben
+1 ... or at least some other way to trick Traktor into noticing that 2 midifighters plugged in are actually 2 different controllers. Or is there some other kind of workaround? It's really tedious to get it working this way and sometimes requires several restarts of the software.
Danae Dumler
Originally Posted by notshy
I know that we users of the community s are just "take-take-take" but what about a set of "advanced use" drivers for MF owners. I.e. can still do plug and play but for advanced features such as using 2 MF - can install official MF drivers.
+1 ... or at least some other way to trick Traktor into noticing that 2 midifighters plugged in are actually 2 different controllers. Or is there some other kind of workaround? It's really tedious to get it working this way and sometimes requires several restarts of the software.
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
The name given to the device is entirely up to the OS. Because the Midifighter is a "class compliant" USB device, we use the built-in drivers for the "USB-MIDI" class of devices, a subclass of the "Audio" class of USB devices. If we had our own drivers we could support whatever behavior we want, but because Apple or Microsoft provide the drivers we have to work their way.

That's the price of "it just works".
I know that we users of the community s are just "take-take-take" but what about a set of "advanced use" drivers for MF owners. I.e. can still do plug and play but for advanced features such as using 2 MF - can install official MF drivers.
robert chanda
Originally Posted by photojojo
I'm not sure, but I believe I read something about doing that in audio/midi preferences.
The name given to the device is entirely up to the OS. Because the Midifighter is a "class compliant" USB device, we use the built-in drivers for the "USB-MIDI" class of devices, a subclass of the "Audio" class of USB devices. If we had our own drivers we could support whatever behavior we want, but because Apple or Microsoft provide the drivers we have to work their way.

That's the price of "it just works".
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by djproben
Is there a way to change the name of the midifighter so Traktor doesn't get confused when you have more than one connected? I always have some trouble getting it to recognize both midifighters at once.
I'm not sure, but I believe I read something about doing that in audio/midi preferences.
Evangeline Abraha
Just going back to 1st Generation Dual Core Macbook compatibility, should this work on all Macs or are there restrictions?

M

Macbook Intel Core Duo
2GB 667Mhz Ram
OS Version 10.6.6

Hmm. Would this be an Intel-based Macbook?
Danae Dumler
Is there a way to change the name of the midifighter so Traktor doesn't get confused when you have more than one connected? I always have some trouble getting it to recognize both midifighters at once.
robert chanda
Yeah, it's confusing that there's two ways of getting into Bootloader mode.

The keypress method only works if you have functioning firmware to start off with as it requires the MF to read the keypresses and drop itself into that mode (committing suicide, essentially). This is "The Keypress Method".

The PCB-shorting version is pretty much only for rescuing broken firmware. I guess we should refer to that one as "The Rescue Method".

Part of the problem is that in order to update your firmware the program has to wipe the firmware, putting the device into a "broken state" for less than a second. If you don't finish updating correctly then you can leave the device in this broken state that requires you to use the Rescue Method to get any further. We may need to be clearer about these distinctions in the future.
Danae Dumler
Erm, second time's a charm. It actually was going into bootloader mode but that light stayed lit so I wasn't sure, and then I followed the instructions in the app which tells you to disconnect it and enter bootloader mode the easy way (which wasnt working on this one) so I was inadvertently resetting it. This time when I did the jumper trick I clicked OK in the application even though I hadn't removed the USB cord, and it found the MF and updated it straight away. I now have three working midifighters again! Woohoo!!
Danae Dumler
I successfully flashed one MF with this but my broken MF is still broken When I plug it in only the upper left light lights and that's it; the buttons provide no signals and no changes in the lights. When I go to flash I'm told "Failed to find a MF in Bootloader mode." I tried using the jumpers to enter bootloader mode to no avail either. Any other suggestions?
Evangeline Abraha
Hi Mate,

It's an Intel Mac , somewhat a relic, but still runs sweet on Snow Leopard
robert chanda
Hmm. Would this be an Intel-based Macbook?
Evangeline Abraha
Hi Fatlimey,

Unfortunately I could not open the app on my mac. I got the following error message : "The application cannot be opened as the file is not supported on this type of mac"

I have got the latest OSX update & run a 1st Gen Dualcore Macbook, so it should work on OSX versions 10.4 & above ? OSX Version 10.6.6

This App would be godsend as I have juggled bit upto now doing the firmware flashing on our very dodgy PC upstairs that barely starts up these days.....

Kind Regards,

Matti

We now have a version of Midifighter Update for Mac OS X, version 10.4 and up, downloadable from here:

Open the DMG file as usual and drag the app onto the Desktop or into your Applications folder before executing it (super important to run it outside of the DMG, it downloads a temporary file).

Try it out and report any successes or issues to this thread.

You're welcome.
Anette Botek
Perfecto!
robert chanda
That's the sound I like to hear! Rockin'.
Murray Hoffa
Sorted!
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Me too !!!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy