Music software !!!!

Music software !!!!
Posted on: 14.06.2013 by Reba Olree
Whats the best FREE music software to create your own beats to then put on CD.

Im new to the music industry hahaha !!!!

Ive been told to use audacity what do you all believe ??

Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by DJRamteam
Eh yah .. ok
I'm just f***ing with ya I'm childish like that
Jayson Shabi
Originally Posted by Polygon
don't worry i was just kidding
Also, the sinegl wsa intnetional
Eh yah .. ok
Dannie Dimora
LoL .. I meant PreSonus ofcourse :S my bad ..
Jayson Shabi
And not a sinegl spelling of the name was correct :P
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by zimfella
Lol a bit hard writing away on my phone while at work :P
I feel you.. most of the time i can't multiquote since i'm on my phone which crashes when multiquoting xD
Dannie Dimora
How about PerSonus Studio One 2 ? I've been using that for a couple of weeks now, I believe it rocks.
+1 for pesonus studio one. You can get the artist edition free with an Acorn midi keyboard!
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Dannie Dimora
Eh yah .. ok
I'm just f***ing with ya I'm childish like that
Jayson Shabi
Eh yah .. ok
Dannie Dimora
Jayson Shabi
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Think I've got to try a different keyboard :-)

Back on topic, just seen if your in the US you can get presonus studio one producer edition free with their audio box. Thats like $300 of stuff for $100. Damn :-(
Dannie Dimora
Lol a bit hard writing away on my phone while at work :P
I feel you.. most of the time i can't multiquote since i'm on my phone which crashes when multiquoting xD
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Lol a bit hard writing away on my phone while at work :P and you spelt "single" wrong
Dannie Dimora
How about PerSonus Studio One 2 ? I've been using that for a couple of weeks now, I believe it rocks.
+1 for pesonus studio one. You can get the artist edition free with an Acorn midi keyboard!
Jayson Shabi
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Jayson Shabi
Reba Olree
Its something i have always wanted to do.

I have only started late because of funding.

Now that i am in a better financial state i will be concentrating on music fully.

Yea a few of my friends have been telling me to do the same !!!
Dannie Dimora
*You earned yourself a timeout.... Sorry...
Reba Olree
Cheers !!!!!

Really appreciate it, i have been browsing on YouTube looking at quick demonstrations of music programs.

I just haven't got the funds for a music program and CD decks.
Random X
Moved to Music Production Forum.
Nereida Jasnoch
^and it's a wrap folks

just like to add there is no such thing as a daw with a better worklfow or steeper learning curve check out demos and see what works for you

EDIT: these guys also have some good info if you want to do it all on a really tight budget
Izola Larose
was writing this to possibly submit as a artical to the blog but keep getting side tracked and havent finished it. still has most of the main DAWs and links to there free demos. don't mind the bad spelling i haven't ran spell check on it yet

propellerhead reason
"whatever your music needs,rason has a rach for that"

demo: http://www.propellerheads.se/download/

$399.00 with into vertions starting at $99.99

the good: there rack based daw is easy to understand and learn but can be tweaked to protection for experienced users. refills brigh a ton of grate samples to the table

the bad: no vst support

the bottom line: with vertion 7 now suports midi devices. a good place to start but with no vst support can become constraining.

-------------------------------------------

fl studio

demo: http://www.image-line.com/downloads/...odownload.html

$299 $199 $99 for digital dls

the good: fl is a full featured approach to daw fl is easy to learn and very powerful.all updates to new versions of there software are free to registered users.

the bad:no mac support. the screen can get cluttered quickly for new users not usto managing the space inside the daw

the bottom line: worth serious consideration for the first time daw user the interface is very well polished.

------------------------------------------------

abelton live

demo: https://www.ableton.com/en/trial/?gc...FelxQgodUxMAOw

suite $749 standard $449 intro $99

the good:abelton takes a grate aproch to daw integrating live proformace aspects and purpose built controllers launchpad and push

the bad: one of the more expensive daws out there

bottom line: this is fast becoming one of the industry standards for edm creation and with very well done proformace mode if you have the money to spend worth the price of addition

----------------------------------------------------

sony acid pro
the creation of acidized loops by sonic foundry, now owned by sony crative software.this powerful innovation in daws helped revolutionize how music was produced and is still a power player today.

demo: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...trials/acidpro

----------------------------------------------

pro tools
http://www.avid.com/Trial/ProTools

cuebase
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/trial.html

cakewalk sonar
http://www.cakewalk.com/products/sonar/web-trial.aspx

Logic Studio,

Presonus Studio One,

REAPER
http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

Samplitude/Sequoia
Dannie Dimora
I know it is. It is just not exclusively based on multitrack, and is quite flexible in doing things that in just plain multitrack would be very time consuming (eg. Complextro)
Brunilda Kora
Live is made up of 2 views - Session View and Arrangement View.

Arrange view is Lives equivalent of multitrack.
Augustine Mitzen
While logic uses the old but trusted multitrack interface, ableton is a little more innovative with the fact that it uses these so-called "scenes" and "clips".
This basically allows you to create a load of different tracks that may not necessarily sound good together, and then try combining them in different ways until you find how they sound good together. It's a completely different approach to more traditional DAWs where it's a pain in the ass to completely change ideas when you already started the project.

And while yes, linear daws have easy learning curves, there is some stuff that is just easier in ableton. Sidechaining, for example.

Logic, protools and cubase have very vast featuresets that are quite bigger than ableton's, but to access and properly use those functions you need a lot of knowledge of the daw itself. So while the learning curve in linear daws is very fast in the beginning, digging to more advanced functions will take more time

At least this is my experience with these daws. I've extensively worked in logic, protools and cubase, but ableton i'm just trying to understand a bit more throughoutly, and i've currently just scraped the surface
there's a multitrack layout in ableton
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Well we also never asked what Operating system hes using :P That might kinda narrow down certain options out of the mix
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by sarasin
I too avoided Live when I was using Cubase.

But I must admit, I find Live a much easier workflow and quicker.

I get somewhere with it quickly compared to Cubase.

Then again...it helps TONS to learn the shortcut keys...I didn't really.

I did know the basic ones and built nice little tools by making presets to help do certain tasks etc...but I dunno, find Live better these days.

Preference I guess.
Thing is, i've used cubase since age 9 (19 now) so i'm REALLY used to its workflow..
I know shortcuts, i know functions, and most of all i know what to do to make the software do something i want.

I'm really trying to concentrate on live tho, because lately i'm having a creative dead end with cubase...
Ressie Losiewicz
Logic express
Vikki Falkenrath
Ableton Live.
Lilliana Perris
I personally always worked with cubase, a very linear daw, and trying to make the switch to ableton is quite difficult for me.

To the OP, i'd suggest fruity loops. Better than reaper IMO, and your skills will translate well to any daw, linear (cubase, logic, protools), or non-linear (ableton, bitwig), and it has a s***load of great synths and instruments in it, so you will be able to learn basic synthesis without buying some thirdparty VST synths.

And practice, practice, practice. Your tunes will sound like crap in the beginning, no matter if you're a musical genius or not.
Just don't give up
I too avoided Live when I was using Cubase.

But I must admit, I find Live a much easier workflow and quicker.

I get somewhere with it quickly compared to Cubase.

Then again...it helps TONS to learn the shortcut keys...I didn't really.

I did know the basic ones and built nice little tools by making presets to help do certain tasks etc...but I dunno, find Live better these days.

Preference I guess.
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by city_boy07
cheers bro.

im actually in the process of deciding which to chose myself, hence why i asked.

i was going to go with abelton because i know later down the line i would want to try working on a live show.

Although a mate of mines is selling me a macbook (i need a upgrade as my mac is now on its arse) and said he will stick Logic on it for me!

so now im unsure to just learn logic since im going to have it or abelton.

also ive heard logice is a bit more cpu hungry to live, is that true?
I'd say learn both simultaneously!
Yes, logic is a bit more cpu hungry, that's because it has a better sound engine than ableton. But it's more stable than ableton, since it's written directly for the mac environment.

Really you'll have nothing to lose if you try both
Margaretta Hebenstreit
http://ardour.org/

probably the best totally free DAW right now. plugin integration, recording function, master and much more. i started with this before switching to ableton. also some good tutorials on youtube (most for linux but same rules aply to all OSs).
Hayden Raugh
cheers bro.

im actually in the process of deciding which to chose myself, hence why i asked.

i was going to go with abelton because i know later down the line i would want to try working on a live show.

Although a mate of mines is selling me a macbook (i need a upgrade as my mac is now on its arse) and said he will stick Logic on it for me!

so now im unsure to just learn logic since im going to have it or abelton.

also ive heard logice is a bit more cpu hungry to live, is that true?
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by city_boy07
this may sound daft but could you explain what you mean about linear and non linear daws?

also i thought logic had the easier learning curve, it seems to 'look' easier then abelton
While logic uses the old but trusted multitrack interface, ableton is a little more innovative with the fact that it uses these so-called "scenes" and "clips".
This basically allows you to create a load of different tracks that may not necessarily sound good together, and then try combining them in different ways until you find how they sound good together. It's a completely different approach to more traditional DAWs where it's a pain in the ass to completely change ideas when you already started the project.

And while yes, linear daws have easy learning curves, there is some stuff that is just easier in ableton. Sidechaining, for example.

Logic, protools and cubase have very vast featuresets that are quite bigger than ableton's, but to access and properly use those functions you need a lot of knowledge of the daw itself. So while the learning curve in linear daws is very fast in the beginning, digging to more advanced functions will take more time

At least this is my experience with these daws. I've extensively worked in logic, protools and cubase, but ableton i'm just trying to understand a bit more throughoutly, and i've currently just scraped the surface
Lilliana Perris
Nice surname by the way.....its mine too.

Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by Leonmurray
Cool,

with regards to recording voice, can you then place them on to these programs too ??
Its a Digital Audio Workstation.

This means it can do ALL of it.

You input your mic....hit record and record that as a sound sample.

You will work with either sound samples or create the sounds with Synths by means of VST's.

Without trying to sound like a dick, find someone that knows a bit about this stuff and let them show you the ropes.

Asking questions like that on community s might get ya flamed!
Hayden Raugh
I personally always worked with cubase, a very linear daw, and trying to make the switch to ableton is quite difficult for me.

To the OP, i'd suggest fruity loops. Better than reaper IMO, and your skills will translate well to any daw, linear (cubase, logic, protools), or non-linear (ableton, bitwig), and it has a s***load of great synths and instruments in it, so you will be able to learn basic synthesis without buying some thirdparty VST synths.

And practice, practice, practice. Your tunes will sound like crap in the beginning, no matter if you're a musical genius or not.
Just don't give up
this may sound daft but could you explain what you mean about linear and non linear daws?

also i thought logic had the easier learning curve, it seems to 'look' easier then abelton
Dannie Dimora

Just don't give up

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy