Serato leak??

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Serato leak??Reply
Serato leak??
Posted on: 11.01.2010 by Miloje Savic
DAMN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIqvvaGa3Hc

looks like a real video efx? 4 decks? can't wait... got this from the serato community s
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Maryann Afoa
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct
If that Serato/Ableton vid is an example of anything, it doesn't really make any sense. You can't SEE what's happening at all when he touches those turntables.
The only thing ive taken from that video is that that bottom track in ableton is recording the automation of the crossfader of the TTM57
juan garcia
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos

I have no hate for SSL in fact quite the opposite. I totally respect it.
Same cant be said for many Serato users about Traktor im affraid.
i completely agree; it's hard to understand the chip that some serato users have on their shoulders, like anyone can't just walk into the store and buy it, you would believe it was handed down to them by angels or something.

i did misunderstand you karlos and i see your point.
Myrtle Billegas
now we
Many Armell
Yeah what I am worried about is even if they are off they would still be in the program scripts and would still be a 'beefier' program... but I could be wrong about all that. That does look sweet though, I am excited!
Jacque Divinity
well i guess we'll find out tomorrow anyway!
Cristian Carmona
I didnt get to see any action today at the serato booth, im working right next door to them
Jacque Divinity
what i interpereted from the clip was that the waveforms at the top are the original clips and the bottom one is the recorded product..? watch the bottom waveform get closer together as he scratches.
Maryann Afoa
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct
If that Serato/Ableton vid is an example of anything, it doesn't really make any sense. You can't SEE what's happening at all when he touches those turntables.
The only thing ive taken from that video is that that bottom track in ableton is recording the automation of the crossfader of the TTM57
Roberto Viccione
Myrtle Billegas
and a new look at the UI

http://img403.yfrog.com/i/wowq.png/
Laine Luchtman
and a little teaser from the ableton-serato collab!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXp51...layer_embedded
Marnie Foye
I'm sure things will only get more heated. At this point it sounds like this puts Serato on par feature wise with Traktor more than anything. Serato will probably have slightly better vinyl control, and Traktor will probably still have cheaper options. I don't see it changing the market place balance at all. It will just make the competition more heated, and the Serato users will just become even more snobby.

But we'll see. The Abelton stuff could change all of that if we have drastically new stuff that you can't accomplish with Traktor.
Arcelia Siebeneck
I know it's really unlikely but I was hoping that the Live / Serato hook up was gonna be a more integrated bit of software, rather than some sort of re-wire compatibility. I'd love to see Ableton Live feature better dj-centric features.
Ernie Stieglitz
Apparently the UI is going on the Serato is customizable, so you can change what's shown on the screen whenever. The horizontal waveforms have been in SSL for some time now, I've just preferred the vertical ones.

I agree on the Traktor/Torq hating on the Serato community s. It seems to be filled with people who also seem to believe that any upgrade to SSL is blasphemy. It's apparently tough thing to accept that when looking strictly at features, Traktor is way ahead of SSL.

I find the competition healthy, and it's definetly interesting to see how other NI products are integrated to Traktor, Ableton to Serato, and according to a rumor Pro Tools to Torq.
juan garcia
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos

i completely agree; it's hard to understand the chip that some serato users have on their shoulders, like anyone can't just walk into the store and buy it, you would believe it was handed down to them by angels or something.

i did misunderstand you karlos and i see your point.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Yeah my point is that we get a lot of ex-Serato users on the NI community asking why Traktor doesnt have vertical waveforms. In fact its an often requested feature.

No hating here just reflecting the irony that Serato may now have horizontal waveforms like Traktor.

This is no doubt an interesting time for Serato, that doesnt mean the irony in Serato adopting FX and other "Traktor type" features after years of ridicule from the less forward believeing Serato users is less funny.

Jus sayin' not hatin'.
juan garcia
serato can have horizontal wav forms now....

guess a little SSL hating is to be expected given the traktorcentric nature of this community , but i'll bet serato turns some heads around here in the next couple of months....
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by laz
LOL Serato with horizontal waveforms. Whatever next, FX oh, er, yeah.

That is one ugly UI right there. In fact ive seen about 4 supposed 'leaked' pics and the UI is awful on all of them.

I was expecting something a bit better looking. If that matters i dont know but...
Wilford Bakalian
some speculation from various threads at the serato community include:

-the vms4 controller (seen here) will be a 4 channel (4 platter? perhaps) midi controller for SSL which will have 4 decks (so far there are pics to prove the software end)

-serato will be able to be rewired into ableton. controllers would then be able to scrub through clips in ableton using jogwheels and you'd be able to use the built-in fx + vst capabilities of ableton directly with the wired in serato.

-according to the info from allen and heath on the XoneDX advertisement, ITCH 2.0 will have 4 deck support, beatgridding and timestretching capabilities, as well as built in fx for (at least) the xoneDX
Johnetta Olewine
i just wanted more info before the release. thats all.
Wilford Bakalian
what's heresay about screenshots?
Johnetta Olewine
more heresay and conjecture please
Cherryl Coyle
Damn.

Gonna have to look at Serato now, huh?
Hannes Deburchgraeve
Originally Posted by JesC
ok rumor control...I talked to dj ernie and he said it wasnt him. plus he hasnt dj'ed there in years. I could be any of the dj's from power106 or a whack dj that has a playlist called "power106"

did anyone get to download the video? Either way I'm going to be working pretty close to the serato booth (NAMM) so Ill report the info as soon as i find out
Which booth are you going to be at?
Miloje Savic
Originally Posted by greatmesk
^hey, i had that one in my post too. maybe implenting twitpics doesnt work that good. anyways, twitter is overflowing with leaks.

http://twitpic.com/xrojn
that's the pic i posted.. for some reason it got blocked .. I believe the other pic of 1 deck and then 2 decks on the right is fake.. this pic on top is legit cuz its showing the fx but maybe no gotta wait till thurs..

the video didn't really show a lot only fx ... it said on the comments part of the video though that it does have 4 decks....?? still waiting on seeing that...

Plus the ableton partnership.. hasn't leaked.. so who knows how real this pics.. are...
Pietro Sterpone
^ you need to post the twitpics link. Direct linking does not work

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy