VCI-400 Firmware upgrade makes it stand alone mixer - Link.

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: VCI-400 Firmware upgrade makes it stand alone mixer - Link.Reply
VCI-400 Firmware upgrade makes it stand alone mixer - Link.
Posted on: 20.03.2012 by Julissa Serrone
http://djworx.com/musikmesse-2012-vc...ts-mixer-mode/

Will this "upgrade" mess up the DJTT firmware?

Good Job Vestax. the 380 a few days ago and now this.
Ruiz dB
Originally Posted by Nicky H
Just stating a fact...

Most dj's probably don't scratch - certainly can't remember any house dj's do it for about 20 years, so it's irrelevent how the controllers jogs perform.

You can't call it turntablism, if you have no turntables...
lol... Point taken friend. But still... There are DJs other than house DJs... I like controllers because my back aches from years of carrying vinyl... Bad backs are pretty universal across old school DJs right? You gotta at least appreciate that!

...and scratching on a deck be it a CDJ, turntable, or jog wheel is still scratching... maybe not turntablism, but we're splitting hairs here aren't we?
Ruiz dB
Unless your not bothered about scratching liike most dj's

Scratch = turntable

It saddens me that you have this opinion about turntablism... Technology has made it possible for everyone and their mothers to add "I'm a DJ" to their resume... but very few can separate themselves from the pack... I believe the techniques of turntablism should continue to be supported and promoted by new technology because it's a part of DJing and one of the few aspects of the art that hasn't / or can't be replaced by a button or knob... and it is a direct extension of the DJs physical and creative ability to take audio and make it their own. (i.e. Some DJ's can't "Beatmash" and "Flanger" their transitions because their software / hardware doesn't have the effects as opposed to some DJ's who can't scratch, because... well... they themselves can't scratch.) And I don't want to get into another "Controllerism vs. Turntablism" argument, I'm just saying that it is sad if most DJs don't get bothered by your statement that most DJs don't care.
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by thebeatworx
I mean Vestax knew that since there is no deal with either Itch or Traktor, no one is able to use the full potential of the jogs other than Serato Intro?! IMO you might as well buy a S2 and perhaps wait for the F1 or a midi fighter... Tighter scratch integration, all the functionality, and still mappable to anything you want...

Scratch = turntable
Ruiz dB
Originally Posted by photojojo
I don't believe it's a shortcoming they can fix. The S2 and S4 both speak to the software in NHL. No third party controller can do that. It's like the S2 and S4 are brother and sister to Traktor. The VCI is just a distant cousin.
I mean Vestax knew that since there is no deal with either Itch or Traktor, no one is able to use the full potential of the jogs other than Serato Intro?! IMO you might as well buy a S2 and perhaps wait for the F1 or a midi fighter... Tighter scratch integration, all the functionality, and still mappable to anything you want...
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by oliosky
A hot cousin that you are not "really" related to?
Works for me
robin loo
To me the most exciting part about this news is that the firmware will be user updatable from the factory with no extra cables or update chips.

and without voiding the guarantee
huge improvement compared to the vci100

and will come in handy if DJTT releases its fw.. cannot wait

vestax europe is asking for ideas for improving a next version of the fw https://www.facebook.com/groups/vci400/

Originally Posted by Vestax Europe
hey guys, glad you are liking the news of our firmware update to make VCI400 a standalone mixer. This is the beginning of updates of functions and features for VCI400. But we would like to get your feedback on what you would like your VCI400 to have.. ???
Carry Gaida
Hey people, deos annyone have a problem with this upgrade?
i am looking for the old firmware, can annyone please upload that?
- because, The C and D channel sometimes crash on my VCI400, and making a load "white noise sound" ..
It is really annyoing and happened after i upadted the vci..
Freida Leash
Just to bump because I'm late to the game, I find scratching with a jog and a button to re-cue jump cue to be great, better than I can do with vinyl, but then again I still suck
Onita Ruegge
Dear VCI-400 users,
It was our intention to release the new stand alone mixer firmware for the VCI-400 at the end of April, 2012.
As much as we want to provide this update to users today, we have made the decision to delay the release until we are confident the stand alone mixer function is rock solid.
The final version will be release once it is ready, but we look forward to be able to release it in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your patience and support!

Vestax
From Vestax facebook page.
Len Lukawski
I tried using the jogs for scratching once and was immediately struck by lightening. Serves me right.
Janyce Henningson
Hehe, yeah I agree with what your saying but surely if your a scratch dj you use vinyl?
I can't believe of one scratch dj who uses a controller...
Ruiz dB
Just stating a fact...

Most dj's probably don't scratch - certainly can't remember any house dj's do it for about 20 years, so it's irrelevent how the controllers jogs perform.

lol... Point taken friend. But still... There are DJs other than house DJs... I like controllers because my back aches from years of carrying vinyl... Bad backs are pretty universal across old school DJs right? You gotta at least appreciate that!

...and scratching on a deck be it a CDJ, turntable, or jog wheel is still scratching... maybe not turntablism, but we're splitting hairs here aren't we?
Janyce Henningson
Just stating a fact...

Ruiz dB

Scratch = turntable

It saddens me that you have this opinion about turntablism... Technology has made it possible for everyone and their mothers to add "I'm a DJ" to their resume... but very few can separate themselves from the pack... I believe the techniques of turntablism should continue to be supported and promoted by new technology because it's a part of DJing and one of the few aspects of the art that hasn't / or can't be replaced by a button or knob... and it is a direct extension of the DJs physical and creative ability to take audio and make it their own. (i.e. Some DJ's can't "Beatmash" and "Flanger" their transitions because their software / hardware doesn't have the effects as opposed to some DJ's who can't scratch, because... well... they themselves can't scratch.) And I don't want to get into another "Controllerism vs. Turntablism" argument, I'm just saying that it is sad if most DJs don't get bothered by your statement that most DJs don't care.
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by thebeatworx

Scratch = turntable
Ruiz dB
I don't believe it's a shortcoming they can fix. The S2 and S4 both speak to the software in NHL. No third party controller can do that. It's like the S2 and S4 are brother and sister to Traktor. The VCI is just a distant cousin.
Leeanna Ayla
Works for me
Johnetta Olewine
Leeanna Ayla
Ruiz dB
Vestax Europe also said that scratching on the jogs will never be as good as the S4 / s2... Boo. Which means that there is currently no pro grade software which uses the full potential of the VCI-400... It's hard for me to believe Vestax did not see this shortcoming...
robin loo
To me the most exciting part about this news is that the firmware will be user updatable from the factory with no extra cables or update chips.

and without voiding the guarantee
huge improvement compared to the vci100

and will come in handy if DJTT releases its fw.. cannot wait

vestax europe is asking for ideas for improving a next version of the fw https://www.facebook.com/groups/vci400/

Originally Posted by Vestax Europe
hey guys, glad you are liking the news of our firmware update to make VCI400 a standalone mixer. This is the beginning of updates of functions and features for VCI400. But we would like to get your feedback on what you would like your VCI400 to have.. ???
Leeanna Ayla
Classie Alvizo
hey

although i obviously cant speak on DJTT behalf, i would assume that there will be a slight revision to the mapping when TP 2.5 is released, to use some of the functionality of the grid of buttons above each deck platter to trigger all the new sample banks.

If it all comes together in time, I would assume that this would be a good time to also drop a new firmware that included this stand alone mixer functionality upgrade as well as the DJTT upgrades already in place.

k
Bessie Larr
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
probably, cause my guess is that this function is not implemented in the EG fw. but probably will be soon..
Since the EGE has a custom firmware it'll have to get it's own update I'd assume.
Charmain Liesegang
YES!!! This makes this purchase WELL worth it.
Verlene Geevarghese
I still see the -380 being a better buy for those who can live without 4 decks.

You actually get to use it with Itch and Traktor, and not Intro and Traktor, while hooking up your external sources.

Why this thing is even bundled with Intro is beyond me, but definitely neat to see it with external mixer support coming soon!
Leeanna Ayla
wrong link
Leeanna Ayla
The ghetto timecode hack was patched several updates ago. I'm guessing since they show a DVS box in the picture it will not be certified with any software and that makes sense to me.
Doug Bieling
Now no computer has to be plugged if you want to use the vci400 as a mixer with cdjs from my understanding
Ahh i see!

So this thing has a built in phono amp then? I see the comment about awaiting comments about this being scratch certified but seriously though, this should work with scratch shouldn't it? Didn't everyone work out in the thread named "Ghetto Timecode" or something similar, that there is no encryption it just needs a boosted signal to boost the tone from the vinyl. I know for sure that it works from the cdjs on line in as i had it working myself.
robin loo
Originally Posted by kamjongill
The question never was answered, at least I didn't see it, but will this upgrade mess up the EGE firmware?
probably, cause my guess is that this function is not implemented in the EG fw. but probably will be soon..
Emanuel Kepics
I would also assume only the two outer channels will be available as a standalone mixer, given there are only 2 inputs and only the 2 outer channels are highlighted in the picture.
makes sense. that's also what it says on the photo.
Carey Leid
The question never was answered, at least I didn't see it, but will this upgrade mess up the EGE firmware?
Johnetta Olewine
I would also assume only the two outer channels will be available as a standalone mixer, given there are only 2 inputs and only the 2 outer channels are highlighted in the picture.
Johnetta Olewine
Now no computer has to be plugged if you want to use the vci400 as a mixer with cdjs from my understanding
Doug Bieling
What's new? Like jack fox says in the linked thread, the inputs have always been there so what's new with this announcement?
Emanuel Kepics
R&D on this unit is obviously alive and well. Looks good for the future. I suspect the soundcard has some untapped resources too. Thank you Vestax.
Kimberlee Bosel
@photojojo: i made a thread about this too in the VCI-400 subcommunity , may want to merg that too
Johnetta Olewine
holy maffugin shit. Vestax just lapped the competition
Leeanna Ayla
merged
Leeanna Ayla
que everybody asking of it will be Scratch compatible.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy