Simple Maschine Midifighter Mapping (for Instant Gratification 4 Banks Mode)

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Simple Maschine Midifighter Mapping (for Instant Gratification 4 Banks Mode)Reply
Simple Maschine Midifighter Mapping (for Instant Gratification 4 Banks Mode)
Posted on: 22.04.2011 by Gay Czapiewski
I created a simple setup using A, B, C, and D for decks A-D, and set up the MIDI to work with any standard MidiFighter .tsi file (just put the MIDI source as the Maschine Controller). its already set to channel 3, and the top four buttons work to store the current fx setting for each deck (although when activating new FX on another deck, it seems to decactivate the "held" FX settings).

This is a standard .ncm file, so you can load it up as a single preset using Controller Editor, and selecting "append" in the add preset menu.

I've added the names of the FX from Ean's video to the pads, so if you set the Maschine controller using SHIFT + PADS you will then see the effects names.

The top four pads will not switch deck focus, instead, use the A B C and D buttons.
Dena Chinn
Originally Posted by mighty_ghost
Thanks and don't rush things!
X2
Saran Moormann
Thanks and don't rush things!
Annis Osbourn
Originally Posted by mighty_ghost
Nice job, was waiting for this... =p
However all of my effects are wrong, can't you make a list with the order off the traktor effects?
Yeah man no problem. Will do this weekend. I can't do it toevening because i'm only 16 years old and i'm having a testweek at school. So schoolwork is killing me. But i can make some time .
Saran Moormann
Nice job, was waiting for this... =p
However all of my effects are wrong, can't you make a list with the order off the traktor effects?
Annis Osbourn
Everyone with effect loading problems (mostly wrong effects like a transpose stretch instead of the beatmasher): I fixed the problem in a few minutes. Just go to the controller manager, go to your maschine mapping, sort the commands(or controls) by "Control" by clicking te bar above. Then scroll over to "Effect 1 select" and change the effect which gets loaded to the right effect. (For this you need to remember which effect should be changed by which effect). You can change any mistakes or mod the mapping to your liking this way. I hope this helps, it did for me but i have some mapping experience. Feel free to ask for help if you don't succeed .
Dena Chinn
Originally Posted by bigbeatzz
The ncm file is the template for your maschine. Download the midi fighter instant gratification mapping and assign it to you maschine in the traktor preferences.
ty
Karolis Petrauskas
The ncm file is the template for your maschine. Download the midi fighter instant gratification mapping and assign it to you maschine in the traktor preferences.
Dena Chinn
when i try and download it now it only gives me the .ncm file
Gay Czapiewski
Originally Posted by chesknee
Ya tried that still not working.

Went to control manger
-Add
-Import
-MF_FX 4Banks 1.0.3.tsi
Did that twice, and left all In and Out port all ports

same result, is there a way that I have to line up the effects in the effects list in order for it to work???
You actually need to use the import button that is at the bottom of the preferences panel, which will take out all the other preferences you have for FX and controller settings, so if you have anything customized there, you'll want to save that out using the export button that right next to the import button. Some folks have had to import the TSI file twice, but this is the only way I have seen to get the settings to copy across correctly.
Santa Lyons
Ya tried that still not working.

Went to control manger
-Add
-Import
-MF_FX 4Banks 1.0.3.tsi
Did that twice, and left all In and Out port all ports

same result, is there a way that I have to line up the effects in the effects list in order for it to work???
Karolis Petrauskas
Import the midi fighter tsi using the big import button on the bottom. You may have to do it twice. The issue is the order your effects are in, by importing using the bottom button you should be sorted. It works great for me!

Good luck!
Santa Lyons
Having issues with loading the wrong FX.
Set up is 2 1200's, 2 X1's, dn-x1700, and maschine.
What I doing wrong? have TSP2 in 4 deck mode still same results.
Dena Chinn
thank you
Gay Czapiewski
Yeah, there's LED feedback on the Maschine controller, I don't know if it works exactly the same as the MIDI Fighter's, but it will light up to show which buttons you're playing.

Also, with the FX loading wrong, that seems to have to do with needing to load up the TSI file in 4 Deck mode, as there's a preference to load your favorited FX when changing from 4 Deck to 2 Decks plus 2 Sample Decks, and I believe that mucks it up. I've left Traktor 2 in 4 Deck mode while using it, and seems to work fine then, its a kind of nit-picky TSI file because it is so complicated.
Debbra Sciutto
this is dope!
does it have led feedback like the original midifighter?
Meaghan Kallmann
Kinda got it working...but having some issues, hoping you can help.

Traktor S4, TP2, and Maschine 1.6. Installed NCM just fine, and then TSI in TP2. Running this with in 4 deck mode (2 decks + 2 sample decks) and 2 effects banks (but tried it with 4 and had same issues).

Here's what happens:

Fired it up, started mashing buttons, seems to work as expected EXCEPT that the wrong effects are loading for each button. I've tried changing them to the correct effect and attempting again, only to see the effects change back to the wrong one.

For example, Transpose Stretch is in place of LoFi (BitCrush). Seems like this thing somehow saved my original effects settings I had in place when I loaded the mapping?
Karolis Petrauskas
Great job man...Thanks a million for the hard work.

I'm going to try and expand on this a bit, I thought it would be good to use as a sample deck also. I'd also like to make the top row into a dedicated delay section. Maybe even a section for beatgrids.

Thanks again!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy