CDJ: Emergency USB Drive Technique

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ: Emergency USB Drive TechniqueReply
CDJ: Emergency USB Drive Technique
Posted on: 04.03.2013 by Pansy Shiveley
I usually only bring 1 USB drive with me as a backup, or when I go to places I'm not supposed to spin at but still want to have something with me in case they need another DJ. Most places will have either CDJ 900's or 2000's, but this other day for example they had a 350 setup, without the Link feature.

Consider the following workflow?
1. Insert USB drive in CDJ #1
2. Load and play track on CDJ #1
3. Eject USB drive while track is still playing (but, I assume, is buffered into the CDJ's internal memory)
4. Insert USB drive in CDJ #2
5. Load and play track on CDJ #2
6. Eject USB drive while track is still playing
7. Repeat process

Is it possible, assuming track of normal length (i.e. no mixtapes and stuff)? Is it bad for the USB drive, the CDJ, or the melting of the ice caps?

I know I could just buy and bring a second USB drive (and I actually have ordered one), but I'm still curious to know.
Pansy Shiveley
I usually only bring 1 USB drive with me as a backup, or when I go to places I'm not supposed to spin at but still want to have something with me in case they need another DJ. Most places will have either CDJ 900's or 2000's, but this other day for example they had a 350 setup, without the Link feature.

Consider the following workflow?
1. Insert USB drive in CDJ #1
2. Load and play track on CDJ #1
3. Eject USB drive while track is still playing (but, I assume, is buffered into the CDJ's internal memory)
4. Insert USB drive in CDJ #2
5. Load and play track on CDJ #2
6. Eject USB drive while track is still playing
7. Repeat process

Is it possible, assuming track of normal length (i.e. no mixtapes and stuff)? Is it bad for the USB drive, the CDJ, or the melting of the ice caps?

I know I could just buy and bring a second USB drive (and I actually have ordered one), but I'm still curious to know.
Jeffrey Akinsanya
stick a cd in
Emelina Chillson
Buy a second thumb drive for 5 bucks.
Pansy Shiveley
No, I go to parties to have a good time, but if something happens (DJ not showing up or whatnot) it's always nice to be able to hop in. It's actually a trick I've learned from a blogpost here on DJTT.

And thanks for clearing it out makar1!
Augustine Mitzen
So you go around parties waiting for something to screw up so you can spin?
Alphonso Deitchman
Any track playing from USB on my 2000 immediately disappears once the USB stick is removed.

So you'll probably need 2 sticks.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy