CDJ 2000/Traktor HID problem

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ 2000/Traktor HID problemReply
CDJ 2000/Traktor HID problem
Posted on: 23.03.2013 by Cira Ditz
Hi,

Having a problem with my advanced HID connection to latest Traktor that wondered if anyone else was having.

CDJ 2000 MK1 and Traktor all updated to latest firmware and drivers, but when I'm running a track in one channel, when I use the select knob on the other CDJ to browse to my next track, as soon as I press it to select, it stops dead the other track in the other CDJ !?

Another peculiarity is that moving the jog wheels on either seems to make the treble knob in the software Channel A move left or right (depending on which way I spin the jogwheel), and then it resets itself as soon as I let got of the jogwheel (this happens in channel A whichever CDJ I spin??!)

I can get around the cutting out problem by manually dragging tracks on my laptops trackpad into the relevant deck, just would love to prefer to use the browse/select knob so don't have to bother with the laptop.

I'm running windows 7 on my laptop and it's pretty new.

I know the simple solution is to not use Traktor lol, but for some gigs I do when there's a HUGE number of requests I get, being able to jump on the keyboard to do a typed search is so very useful rather than scrolling through long lists with the browser knob.

Has anyone had a similar prob as really cannot seem to make this stop this really annoying problem :/ ?
Cira Ditz
Hi,

Having a problem with my advanced HID connection to latest Traktor that wondered if anyone else was having.

CDJ 2000 MK1 and Traktor all updated to latest firmware and drivers, but when I'm running a track in one channel, when I use the select knob on the other CDJ to browse to my next track, as soon as I press it to select, it stops dead the other track in the other CDJ !?

Another peculiarity is that moving the jog wheels on either seems to make the treble knob in the software Channel A move left or right (depending on which way I spin the jogwheel), and then it resets itself as soon as I let got of the jogwheel (this happens in channel A whichever CDJ I spin??!)

I can get around the cutting out problem by manually dragging tracks on my laptops trackpad into the relevant deck, just would love to prefer to use the browse/select knob so don't have to bother with the laptop.

I'm running windows 7 on my laptop and it's pretty new.

I know the simple solution is to not use Traktor lol, but for some gigs I do when there's a HUGE number of requests I get, being able to jump on the keyboard to do a typed search is so very useful rather than scrolling through long lists with the browser knob.

Has anyone had a similar prob as really cannot seem to make this stop this really annoying problem :/ ?
Alphonso Deitchman
You do not need to run Setup Wizard when connecting the CDJ 2000s to Traktor. Once you plug them in and activate HID, the MIDI section of the mapping will automatically appear in Controller Manager.
Doreen Schurle
Just run the Setup Wizard. Traktor doesn't need ANY mappings for the CDJ2000s; I used a pair toevening in AHID mode and not a mapping in sight in Controller Manager.
Alphonso Deitchman
Older firmware versions do not support Advanced HID control with Serato/Traktor.
Tianna Laguerre
jane: is it absolutely necessary to update firmware for CDJ2000 in the clubs?
Alphonso Deitchman
Sounds like it's entirely the Traktor settings at fault then. Have you tried resetting through the Setup Wizard?
Cira Ditz
Hi Makar1 and thanks for your suggestion

there was an old S4 mapping in there and what looked like a redundant Pioneer 2000 mapping (was marked as 'n/a') - I tried deleting those and still having the same strange problem.

I've done a LOT more traktor settings today trying to hopefully figure the cause, and I've realised my initial 'Mark 1' assumption was totally wrong. I've been swapping the decks (A to B and B to A) and it still causes the problem (why I thought the Nexus was working fine - that was just set up on channel A) - so this problem is causing the same issue regardless of Nexus/Mark 1.

Also it seems to be that it is the CUE on channel one that is being activated when depressing the Browse button in player 2, not stop (if I hold it down, it is like pressing CUE on the other channel), so this is why channel A was 'stopping')

My only rememdy so far is to assign the players to channels C and D, put the view of A and B to micro and set them to live input, and then DJ on the C and D channels. This so far works fine, though it looks silly just as theres two channels in my laptop screen not being used.

But at least it's working to an extent
Alphonso Deitchman
Do you have any other mappings saved in the Controller Editor?
Cira Ditz
I've also tried playing around with setting up each CDJ as having Device Target as "A" and "B" in the Controller Manager settings, and also as both having "Focus" as is suggested in the official Pioneer video, but again seems to make no difference (and my Mk1 is set up as Advanced HID in the Menu utility)
Cira Ditz
I've checked out both the DJ Endo setup guide

and the official Pioneer one

interestingly this just seems to be a prob with MK1's as tried my setup with Nexus 2000s and they work fine.

Hope somebody can help ??

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy