iTunes only burning first track

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: iTunes only burning first trackReply
iTunes only burning first track
Posted on: 28.04.2013 by Latina Samon
Using iTunes to burn my CDs and sometimes it only burns the first track of a playlist onto the CD. If I try again it just does the same.

It's not the CDRs because they're Taiyo Yuden. Any ideas? Don't like to keep trying and wasting expensive CDRs! Trying another program is an option. Any suggestions on a different program or ideas as to why this is happening?
Lidia Floriano
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
If it is itunes purchased tracks i believe you can only burn a track 7-8 times
That's only true for very old tracks with the .m4p extension. iTunes stopped selling those on April 9, 2009. You can burn more recently purchased tracks as often as you like.

If you still have .m4p tracks, which are also at a lower bitrate of merely 128 kbps, consider upgrading them using the iTunes PLUS upgrade offer. That is, if that upgrade offer still exists, i haven't checked in some time.
Latina Samon
Using iTunes to burn my CDs and sometimes it only burns the first track of a playlist onto the CD. If I try again it just does the same.

It's not the CDRs because they're Taiyo Yuden. Any ideas? Don't like to keep trying and wasting expensive CDRs! Trying another program is an option. Any suggestions on a different program or ideas as to why this is happening?
Latina Samon
Some of the tracks are from Beatport, some from Juno and a few were from my mate transferring a few tracks over when we played b2b. I know he doesn't purchase from iTunes though. Hmmmm

Surely it should just not copy the one's that can't be copied over though? Rather only copying the first track? It did it with two different playlists then the rest of the playlists were fine. They've never been burned before either.
Lidia Floriano
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
That's only true for very old tracks with the .m4p extension. iTunes stopped selling those on April 9, 2009. You can burn more recently purchased tracks as often as you like.

If you still have .m4p tracks, which are also at a lower bitrate of merely 128 kbps, consider upgrading them using the iTunes PLUS upgrade offer. That is, if that upgrade offer still exists, i haven't checked in some time.
Latoria Kavulich
Yes this may be a DRM issue ... the issue being that DRM exists in the first place
Federico Vilas
Harley Zitka
What process are you using to do this?

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy