vinyl: is sleeve enough? do i need the extra cardboard?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: vinyl: is sleeve enough? do i need the extra cardboard?Reply
vinyl: is sleeve enough? do i need the extra cardboard?
Posted on: 13.06.2013 by Nikki Mcpeek
i'm wondering if i can make space in my vinyl case if i were to get rid of the extra boards that packs on top of the sleeve. what do you believe, is it safe to do so?
Lilliana Perris
Err...how do you lift and select your wax if you can't put them on their corners to stand out in the box?

I thought that is how everyone does it?

Like this manouvre:

j_800.jpg
Nikki Mcpeek
Originally Posted by dripstep
Want the protection? Keep the cover. Don't care about how hard that wax is going to hit the bottom of your crate, toss em. Personally, I like the artwork on the covers to make it easier to flip though (especially in low light) and the protection they offer. You haven't chipped a record before have you?
no i haventt chipped a record before
Nikki Mcpeek
i'm wondering if i can make space in my vinyl case if i were to get rid of the extra boards that packs on top of the sleeve. what do you believe, is it safe to do so?
Yong Aptekar
And synonyms use "like" or "as".
Lilliana Perris
LOL...Its Vinyl.

Hank Guidas
What is wax anyway? I suppose it's a synonym
Lilliana Perris
Err...how do you lift and select your wax if you can't put them on their corners to stand out in the box?

I thought that is how everyone does it?

Like this manouvre:

j_800.jpg
Rosita Murchie
I guess that is just perfectly safe..all you need to is to do it right..otherwise everything turns out to be fine.
Brunilda Kora
Please show your wax the respect it deserves. If it doesn't come with cardboard cover, get on eBay and buy some white/black blanks. You can't possibly save enough space to make it worthwhile anyway.
Celestine Porebski
Do you guys really have that many records with actual covers? In any case, I'd put the record+paper sleeves into those plastic sleeves (which are generally for protecting the cover, I believe), if I were to do something like this (matter of fact, that's what I do with records that come without a cardboard sleeve).
Nikki Mcpeek
Originally Posted by dripstep
Want the protection? Keep the cover. Don't care about how hard that wax is going to hit the bottom of your crate, toss em. Personally, I like the artwork on the covers to make it easier to flip though (especially in low light) and the protection they offer. You haven't chipped a record before have you?
no i haventt chipped a record before
Ming Devis
If you have a decent bag the record hitting the bottom shouldn't be a problem
Yong Aptekar
Ming Devis
It's fine to do. Having the covers makes it allot easier for digging through the your crate though, at least it does for me

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy