Setup Help!

Home :: General Discussion :: Setup Help!Reply
Setup Help!
Posted on: 04.12.2013 by Temple Gagarin
So I'm new here, in a matter of fact I'm new to djing in general. But here's the deal. I own a Hercules Air and I want to upgrade to a newer setup. I want to use the traktor x1 mk2 as decks and a cheaper mixer than the z1 since It is over my budget. I found a $100 mixer and I'm curious to how I can set it up. I heard I'm going to need an additional soundcard but i m not sure. The mixer is called the Stanton m.203. Any advice would help. If any question, ask.
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by DJBassmint
I found a $100 mixer and I'm curious to how I can set it up. I heard I'm going to need an additional soundcard but i m not sure. The mixer is called the Stanton m.203.
You will need an additional sound card if you buy the Stanton m.203 as it does not have one built in.
Temple Gagarin
So I'm new here, in a matter of fact I'm new to djing in general. But here's the deal. I own a Hercules Air and I want to upgrade to a newer setup. I want to use the traktor x1 mk2 as decks and a cheaper mixer than the z1 since It is over my budget. I found a $100 mixer and I'm curious to how I can set it up. I heard I'm going to need an additional soundcard but i m not sure. The mixer is called the Stanton m.203. Any advice would help. If any question, ask.
Kellie Myrum
Your old controller has a sound card so why not simply add an X1 to the setup and move to Traktor?
Yong Aptekar
Save up. If you cheap out now, you are going to end up buying more later. Save yourself the hassle, and over the next few weeks/month that you save, read read read and read everything you can about digital djing. Once you have enough money saved, you can buy something quality, or will have moved on from djing, and will have a pile of money.

Buy cheap, buy twice. Most of us have learned this one the hard way.
Petra Arra
that mixer plus additional soundcard will cost more or less like the z1 which has a built in soundcard.

so yeah. save up and buy the one with the soundcard. or you could use the hercules air as your soundcard, idk?
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by DJBassmint
I found a $100 mixer and I'm curious to how I can set it up. I heard I'm going to need an additional soundcard but i m not sure. The mixer is called the Stanton m.203.
You will need an additional sound card if you buy the Stanton m.203 as it does not have one built in.
Latoria Kavulich
Welcome mate.

psst .. the community is called "show your setup" not "setup questions"

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy