New tool for Scrobbling (etc) Serato ScratchLive...

Home :: General Discussion :: New tool for Scrobbling (etc) Serato ScratchLive...Reply
New tool for Scrobbling (etc) Serato ScratchLive...
Posted on: 06.07.2010 by Tobie Lolos
Heya!

I've been working on a tool for live scrobbling, live now-playing and other stuff of that nature from Serato.

It's incomplete, right now it just gives you console logs and nice Growl popups when stuff happens - but the hard bit's done. Writing the actual Scrobbling part - or a Twitter plugin - or something that pulls info about the current now-playing track from Last.fm API and shows it on a projector, etc - or all of the above, at once - would be pretty easy.

Let me know what you believe. Interested in alpha testers.

* Mac only right now, but making it work on Windows should be quite easy as I wrote the whole thing in OOPHP.

* disclosure: I work for Last.fm (but this is a personal project)
Tobie Lolos
Originally Posted by thewrz
Nevermind!

I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

It's working great so far... I can see that it's showing my currently playing track. If I stop the decks that disappears.

I'll keep experimenting. This is cool
Glad you had success

The actual decision to scrobble follows the same logic as whether or not something is 'played' in the History panel, i.e. track A is only 'played' if you change track B.

The Now Playing logic is a bit more fiddly but it works ok for me. It's based on when I believe the previous track has ended (which will be earlier than it has really ended), or whichever track is the only track playing.
Belen Wermes
Originally Posted by ben-xo
working on a tool for live scrobbling, live now-playing and other stuff of that nature.

right now it just gives you console logs and nice Growl popups when stuff happens - but the hard bit's done.

that's what she said.
Tobie Lolos
Heya!

I've been working on a tool for live scrobbling, live now-playing and other stuff of that nature from Serato.

It's incomplete, right now it just gives you console logs and nice Growl popups when stuff happens - but the hard bit's done. Writing the actual Scrobbling part - or a Twitter plugin - or something that pulls info about the current now-playing track from Last.fm API and shows it on a projector, etc - or all of the above, at once - would be pretty easy.

Let me know what you believe. Interested in alpha testers.

* Mac only right now, but making it work on Windows should be quite easy as I wrote the whole thing in OOPHP.

Ellen Hescht
Ben!

This looks so great but I'm a bit lost at the moment.

Will this work for DJ or DJ Intro?
Tobie Lolos
Originally Posted by thewrz
Nevermind!

I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

It's working great so far... I can see that it's showing my currently playing track. If I stop the decks that disappears.

Glad you had success

The actual decision to scrobble follows the same logic as whether or not something is 'played' in the History panel, i.e. track A is only 'played' if you change track B.

The Now Playing logic is a bit more fiddly but it works ok for me. It's based on when I believe the previous track has ended (which will be earlier than it has really ended), or whichever track is the only track playing.
Devora Bajic
Worked great last evening . Had a lot of fun.

Thanks again for making this little tool.
Belen Wermes
Originally Posted by ben-xo
working on a tool for live scrobbling, live now-playing and other stuff of that nature.

right now it just gives you console logs and nice Growl popups when stuff happens - but the hard bit's done.

that's what she said.
Devora Bajic
Nevermind!

I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Devora Bajic
Hmm... the <username> text file doesn't seem to be generating to allow authorization.

:-/

Nothing is scrobbling thusfar... also the --lastfm syntax wasn't really well explained. Also, where is this text file generated?

Are you to input your Last.fm password after the colon?

Code:
Last.fm options:
 -L or --lastfm <username>: 
  Scrobble / send 'Now Playing' to Last.fm for user <username>. 

The first time you specify this, it will ask you to authorize the app to your 
  Last.fm account. The authorization information is stored in a file called 
  <username>-lastfm.txt
Devora Bajic
Gonna try it toevening

Using a Mac laptop...

http://last.fm/user/thewrz
Tobie Lolos
Wondering if anyone's been using it or trying it out? Works really reliably for me, but then I'm the guy who made it...
Jacqulyn Shoemo
That's pretty cool man!
Tobie Lolos
Updated the tool - it will now post to Twitter too, if you want!
Tobie Lolos
http://github.com/ben-xo/sslscrobbler - it actually does scrobble now!

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy