How do you organize your tracks in a USB Stick

Home :: General Discussion :: How do you organize your tracks in a USB StickReply
How do you organize your tracks in a USB Stick
Posted on: 28.11.2013 by Luciano Hyppolite
Hi everybody, so I'm currently trying to transition from controllers to CDJ's.

My question was, how do you organize your tracks on you USB sticks for when you use them with the cdjs?

Folders? drop everything there?

I currently make playlists in Itunes in a CD fashion (+- 80 minutes) with genre etc.

I was planing on making similar folders on the usb stick so as to follow the same method.

What do you guys believe? Is there an easier way?
Luciano Hyppolite
Hi everybody, so I'm currently trying to transition from controllers to CDJ's.

My question was, how do you organize your tracks on you USB sticks for when you use them with the cdjs?

Folders? drop everything there?

I currently make playlists in Itunes in a CD fashion (+- 80 minutes) with genre etc.

I was planing on making similar folders on the usb stick so as to follow the same method.

What do you guys believe? Is there an easier way?
Wynell Muma
I organise mine by artist, I know what I play and what the artists sounds is. And normally have a rough idea if it will match
Antonetta Wikel
I organize mine by "phatness"
Hellen Mindrup
By genre
Golden Faubert
the usb's that i carry are only for backup, however they are organised as exact mirrors of my serato crates, incase my laptop goes down, i will have enough to worry about, and hunting for tunes needs to be bottom of the list.
Nancey Inderlied
Rekordbox drives are still organized in a pretty sensible way. The second drive is just kind of making work for yourself.
Alla Bluemke
I carry two usb's. One with rekordbox analyzed tracks exported from my playlist on itunes. Another with just plain folders of the playlist incase its an older cdj, or something that doesn't use rekordbox.
Jetta Drenzek
If you're going to use a USB with CDJ's then RekordBox is the way forward. Organise all your folders and playlists in RekordBox, plug in your USB, drag over the playlists/folders that you want on the USB, done.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy