Improvised DJ Midi Setup

Improvised DJ Midi Setup
Posted on: 26.09.2012 by Broderick Salute
Adding to my collection, uh I mean setup.... I am building an improvised DJ setup for traktor pro 2. I have a:

Macbook 13" with Traktor Pro 2

Vestax Typhoon

DJ Hero wii controller running midi over bluetooth through OSCulator

Rock Band 3 Wii Keyboard with a midi to usb cable (mapped to cue points and effects)

behringer xenyx 502 mixer

rokit 5 monitor

bose sounddock (with female ipod to male 3.5mm)

marshall guitar amp.

This is my improvised ghetto setup until I get some real gear. Let me know what you believe!!!!DSC00711.jpgDSC00695.jpgDSC00698.jpgDSC00701.jpgDSC00715.jpgDSC00714.jpgDSC00705.jpg
Broderick Salute
Originally Posted by Culture_Shock
I didn't know that there was such a thing as love for the typhoon! Line faders on the eq? I could never understand...
Well its my first REAL controller so I've learned to love it
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Aren't you cool...
Broderick Salute
Originally Posted by BlackJesus
Edit: Saurus is that you?

Double Edit(cus I love me them edits): So you all will know what the mods will eventual post, here are the main reasons piracy is frowned upon by DJTT

*DJTT unlike you guys are held responsible by major manufacturers for you guys posting your "pro-piracy" stuff on their community s. These manufacturers can then associate this mentality with DJTT in general (even if it was not your intentions)

*It's very immoral to steal anything and even worse: unprofessional. All the producers that I know who I consider successful (I.E their music supporting themselves and their family financially) do not take anyone who steals software seriously. I mean come-on guys it's pretty common sense.

Seriously how hard is it to just shut up about your piracy until you buy the legit thing? I'm not singling you out man. There have been a number a posts about this lately so it's been bugging me. Anyways.... Good luck with your music ventures amigo!!
Thanks for clarifying. I understand completely, I just didnt know I was gonna get hit that hard, twas just a post... Ya you too
Broderick Salute
Originally Posted by Shishdisma
I love threads like this, "OMG you pirated software from a company that I have nothing to do with, SHAME SHAME SHAME!!"

Srsly, do whatever you want, nobody here should actually care.
I agree completely!! I just wasnt sure if everyone was like that here though. I just joined the community yesterday and thought it would be cool to post a picture of my setup and get some tips. Didnt know the people on here were such douchebags!
Rosita Bourdeaux
Originally Posted by joeski4
Who the hell is saurus?
Saurus was a recently banned member who expressed his views on piracy rather bluntly. He's been a grouch ever since he's been on the boards so it wasn't his first warning

BTW read the edit i made to my first post. It might enlighten you a little more on the situation
Broderick Salute
Originally Posted by botstein
Maybe 'theft' is the more appropriate word.
And you care why? This post is about my setup, not traktor. If I had turned my computer off, you wouldnt even know.
Ami Lele
Ok, this is the most resourceful setup i have seen yet. It might even be bordering on ghetto... But it is getting the job done
Hanna Ridenbaugh
I started off on a beringher bcd3000. It didn't even have touch sensitive jogs but I loved it and it did the job. I've always liked the look of the jogs on the typhoon.
Broderick Salute
Originally Posted by Culture_Shock
I didn't know that there was such a thing as love for the typhoon! Line faders on the eq? I could never understand...
Well its my first REAL controller so I've learned to love it
Deangelo Boender
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Seriously guys, the dude is 15 and he's tryna do what he can. I'm sure he's upset as he's not been back. It would be a shame to lose a new member and help him understand the cool vibe around here as well as morals and dj etiquette. That's why I joined , because of the community spirit.
Luciano Hyppolite
the noisy freaks FTW!
Sharmaine Pellino
Aren't you cool...
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Joeski4, you have come to the right place to enhance your passion for music. I must say I am intrigued with your setup. I had no imagination as to what I wanted to do when I started, where as you seem quite creative. Get yourself a ligit traktor copy. Tbh I started with a crapped version myself just to test thewaters. But quickly bought it when I realised I wanted to take it seriously and needed a a more stable program with updates which are fairly regular. DJTT helped me realise the importance of supporting products I use. The people on here are generally really cool and very helpful. There has been a few knobs around lately so you can understand why people are hesitant to new
Members sporting dodgy stuff. Lesson learned. Anyway it's all about the music in the end. Welcome
Broderick Salute

Double Edit(cus I love me them edits): So you all will know what the mods will eventual post, here are the main reasons piracy is frowned upon by DJTT

*DJTT unlike you guys are held responsible by major manufacturers for you guys posting your "pro-piracy" stuff on their community s. These manufacturers can then associate this mentality with DJTT in general (even if it was not your intentions)

*It's very immoral to steal anything and even worse: unprofessional. All the producers that I know who I consider successful (I.E their music supporting themselves and their family financially) do not take anyone who steals software seriously. I mean come-on guys it's pretty common sense.

Seriously how hard is it to just shut up about your piracy until you buy the legit thing? I'm not singling you out man. There have been a number a posts about this lately so it's been bugging me. Anyways.... Good luck with your music ventures amigo!!
Thanks for clarifying. I understand completely, I just didnt know I was gonna get hit that hard, twas just a post... Ya you too
Rosita Bourdeaux
Read my first post bromeister
Broderick Salute
Originally Posted by Shishdisma
I love threads like this, "OMG you pirated software from a company that I have nothing to do with, SHAME SHAME SHAME!!"

I agree completely!! I just wasnt sure if everyone was like that here though. I just joined the community yesterday and thought it would be cool to post a picture of my setup and get some tips. Didnt know the people on here were such douchebags!
Rosita Bourdeaux
Who the hell is saurus?
Saurus was a recently banned member who expressed his views on piracy rather bluntly. He's been a grouch ever since he's been on the boards so it wasn't his first warning

BTW read the edit i made to my first post. It might enlighten you a little more on the situation
Broderick Salute
Originally Posted by botstein
And you care why? This post is about my setup, not traktor. If I had turned my computer off, you wouldnt even know.
Broderick Salute
Who the hell is saurus?
Rosita Bourdeaux
Twas a joke...

Ervin Calvery
Thanks for the compliment on the actual setup at least! Next time I will turn my computer off when taking pictures... And yes I understand that traktor is cheap, I was going to get the audio 2 with traktor pro bundled but decided to just download it, Sorry if my cheapness offended anyone, I just wanted feedback on the setup.
Nancey Inderlied

Broderick Salute
Don't get me wrong, props for having an interesting and well organised setup. But really, traktor is stupidly cheap these days and everyone round here paid for their software.

Thanks for the compliment on the actual setup at least! Next time I will turn my computer off when taking pictures... And yes I understand that traktor is cheap, I was going to get the audio 2 with traktor pro bundled but decided to just download it, Sorry if my cheapness offended anyone, I just wanted feedback on the setup.
Tatum Ansaldo
Don't get me wrong, props for having an interesting and well organised setup. But really, traktor is stupidly cheap these days and everyone round here paid for their software.
Tatum Ansaldo
You're 15 and you bought traktor SCRATCH pro, thereby implying that you also have a certified NI audio interface, but you're not using any kind of timecode or indeed said interface... I'm not buying it.
Broderick Salute
Originally Posted by pikzel
And the songs are warez too. Deadmau5 - There Might Be Coffee from Teh-Music.Us sounds legit...
Most of my music is downloaded off sound cloud, come on people im 15!
Debrah Tintle
And the songs are warez too. Deadmau5 - There Might Be Coffee from Teh-Music.Us sounds legit...
Broderick Salute
Mfw I come back and every reply is major butthurt

3pcumu.jpg
Broderick Salute
Twas a joke...
Broderick Salute
Originally Posted by sparkbro
Please, for the love of god - disconnect the amp NOW.
I've ruined one too many guitar amps, trying to use them as subwoofers.
I promise you, it's just not worth it. Get a sub (:

Also. Typhoon represent
I will do that, thanks for the tip!
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Maybe it's Saurus with a new account trying to wind up djtt again.
Edwina Fagel
Macbook 13" with Traktor Scratch 2 (downloaded on PirateBay of course)
If this isn't irony I'm gonna laugh my ass off.
Erich Vallabhaneni
It doesn't matter if you're rocking 4 CDJ-2000 nexus, torrented software isn't cool man.
Leeanna Ayla
There's generally little respect around here for people that torrent stuff.
Arletha Heddens
I didn't see that :L

Aren't you cool...
This.
Tatum Ansaldo
Aren't you cool...
Arletha Heddens
Please, for the love of god - disconnect the amp NOW.
I've ruined one too many guitar amps, trying to use them as subwoofers.
I promise you, it's just not worth it. Get a sub (:

Also. Typhoon represent

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy