My Evolution of Setups

My Evolution of Setups
Posted on: 27.02.2013 by Chandra Lean
So i have been Dj'ing as a hobby for a little over a year. I started in July 2011 after completing my first year at The United States Naval acaedmy. While i was home I purchased an american Audio VMS4

I then got a pair of Brand new KRK RP6's for $200, and i mapped out my padkontrol for effects n such.

I sold my VMS4 to a friend of mine and purchased a NI Audio 8, and a behringer mixer. I continued to use my padkontrol for deck control.
After Taxes I purchased a pair of Reloop RMP3's from a member here, and i was using the RMP-3's for Midi, and USB drives.

Fast forward to now, Within a couple of months of having the previous setup i found a brand new Denon Dn X-1700 for $900 on Ebay. So i bought it.

(yes in the above picture i am using SSL because my Laptop was being repaired So my friend let me borrow his (Awesome guy)

Currently I have my Setup in a flight case (purchased it for $120 on CL, and it has wheels) and i purchased an X1 and F1 (not pictured) from a member here for $375. I am using TSP2 and loving it.

Thats it for now, The only changes i can forshadow will probably be a pair of Denon SC2900's or CDj 900's
Chandra Lean
Originally Posted by SwedeDreams
Be a man . Step up to those Pioneer CDJ's !

+1 on the setup man ! looks clean !
IM not a huge fan of pio's i've used them before (900's and 2000's) and there is too much going on on it.

Plus i can get SC2900's for $860/player.
Chandra Lean
So i have been Dj'ing as a hobby for a little over a year. I started in July 2011 after completing my first year at The United States Naval acaedmy. While i was home I purchased an american Audio VMS4

I then got a pair of Brand new KRK RP6's for $200, and i mapped out my padkontrol for effects n such.

I sold my VMS4 to a friend of mine and purchased a NI Audio 8, and a behringer mixer. I continued to use my padkontrol for deck control.
After Taxes I purchased a pair of Reloop RMP3's from a member here, and i was using the RMP-3's for Midi, and USB drives.

Fast forward to now, Within a couple of months of having the previous setup i found a brand new Denon Dn X-1700 for $900 on Ebay. So i bought it.

(yes in the above picture i am using SSL because my Laptop was being repaired So my friend let me borrow his (Awesome guy)

Currently I have my Setup in a flight case (purchased it for $120 on CL, and it has wheels) and i purchased an X1 and F1 (not pictured) from a member here for $375. I am using TSP2 and loving it.

Thats it for now, The only changes i can forshadow will probably be a pair of Denon SC2900's or CDj 900's
Chandra Lean
i love my 1700, although i am not a huge fan of the Filters, because i wish there was some other damn parameter that the knob could actually control.

But i have not thought about mapping any of the controls to traktor yet.
Antonetta Wikel
Nice seeing a fellow DN-X1700 owner here. I love mine, the dual FX with filters are great. Have you midi mapped any of the controls to Traktor yet? I've been looking online for a mapping but haven't found anything and Denon, while they make GREAT gear, are horrible with midi maps for their gear.
Chandra Lean
Stick around for my next setup . I am looking to ditch My Cd players for a more portable setup.

Thinking of my X1700 and 2 x1 Mk II's,
Chandra Lean
Originally Posted by SwedeDreams

IM not a huge fan of pio's i've used them before (900's and 2000's) and there is too much going on on it.

Plus i can get SC2900's for $860/player.
Georgie Lukowiak

Chandra Lean
they play off of a USB just fine it links up fine too, the USB organizing sucks though. so just have your USBS organized really well
Annis Osbourn
How are the reloop players working out for you? Do they have issues? Can they play off a usb stick without problems?
Mi Gabele
The first picture' background looks awesome! I would like to have something similar and I might have soon The X1700 looks really good! I hope it works good as well? Cheers.
Gaynell Rydberg
Wow! What a steal on the X1700!

I really wanted an X1600, but I don thave enough money for a modular setup

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy