Kwal's Simple Setup, I Love It

Kwal's Simple Setup, I Love It
Posted on: 20.06.2013 by Hellen Mindrup
Nothing too fancy here... I spin cd's, I do not run any type of Dj software at all on my Mac. I only use Audacity to record my mixes.

2x CDJ mk2s and a Xone 22

M-Audio Bx5 Monitors

House Parties

My CDJs with my buddies gear.. Sick setup here...

I'm looking to incorporate new things soon, at one point I'm going to get an X1 to make things interesting.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by HarryK
All straight capita legs come in a box of 4 and have two sizes, 12cm(~4 inches) and 17cm(~8 inches). Respective prices: 5€ and 6€/package of 4. The ones that cost more and come it pack of two are the angled Capita legs, which you might want to use to make a shelf on top of the Expedit.

BTW, when you finish your booth, post it here so we can drool over it!
Will do man, I'll be back there this weekend and I won't hesitate to piece this thing together so I can use it asap
Corey Ganer
All straight capita legs come in a box of 4 and have two sizes, 12cm(~4 inches) and 17cm(~8 inches). Respective prices: 5€ and 6€/package of 4. The ones that cost more and come it pack of two are the angled Capita legs, which you might want to use to make a shelf on top of the Expedit.

BTW, when you finish your booth, post it here so we can drool over it!
Hellen Mindrup
I'd swear they were 6€. . . Unless you are going for two sets?
They have two sizes I believe.. The bigger ones came in a box of 4... They looked like they were about 6 inches long.
Corey Ganer
I'd swear they were 6€. . . Unless you are going for two sets?
Hellen Mindrup
Well, many users (myself included) have them and haven't encountered problems. Generally speaking, IKEA stuff is not top-of-the-line quality-wise, and AFAIK the Expedit is hollow. The legs attach to the bottom with four screws which puncture (not the best terminology, I hope you get it) the wood. The end result is pretty rigid. Provided you won't be moving the booth al the time, there won't be any issues.
I might as well try them since they're only $12
Corey Ganer
Well, many users (myself included) have them and haven't encountered problems. Generally speaking, IKEA stuff is not top-of-the-line quality-wise, and AFAIK the Expedit is hollow. The legs attach to the bottom with four screws which puncture (not the best terminology, I hope you get it) the wood. The end result is pretty rigid. Provided you won't be moving the booth al the time, there won't be any issues.
Hellen Mindrup
Plan some Capita Legs as well, to bring your setup to appropriate height (around 90-95cm) to enjoy long mixing sessions without getting tired and you'll be set!
I have a plan set up to add legs, but do the Capita's really hold up? I was skeptical about using them.
Corey Ganer
Plan some Capita Legs as well, to bring your setup to appropriate height (around 90-95cm) to enjoy long mixing sessions without getting tired and you'll be set!
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by DeanOakley
Looks a lot cleaner with the expedit
Hell yes! I plan on getting something to cover the back so I don't have to keep looking at all of those cables.. Also plan on building onto it.. Laptop stand and monitor stands are in the works.
Loyd Cilek
Looks a lot cleaner with the expedit
Hellen Mindrup
1016667_10200693171149122_248417210_n.jpg
Hellen Mindrup
WP_000381.jpg

Just bought this guy about an hour ago
Bryon Taglieri
Originally Posted by Kwal
Minimal/electro/deep house
A man after my own heart
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by slinkydisc
Nice clean setup what do you play.
Minimal/electro/deep house
Bryon Taglieri
Nice clean setup what do you play.
Margie Pavell
you know you have to make sure the inputs are set for "line in" not "phono in"...it's under "documents"...

check out the manual...
Hellen Mindrup
V__0CA8.jpg

New toy, just came in today.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by geminimech
Ahhh yeah, I'm retarded.
Nah
Verlene Geevarghese
Ahhh yeah, I'm retarded.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by geminimech
Master out of mixer into Tweakalizer, then Tweakalizer into your monitors? All RCA, but it's a home setup so it shouldn't matter.

Definitely like the setup. Great, simple starter kit.
My Xone has a send/return fx loop on it, so I run it in and out of that and it will work on whichever channel I select.

And thank you man
Verlene Geevarghese
Originally Posted by Kwal
Was believeing about it.. I thought it would work for both decks but only hooks up to one... (I should have done some more research, but whatever.)
Master out of mixer into Tweakalizer, then Tweakalizer into your monitors? All RCA, but it's a home setup so it shouldn't matter.

Definitely like the setup. Great, simple starter kit.
Elroy Sillman
Niiice! any glitches??
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by keithace
run it through the FX loop and you can use the filter buttons to assign the tweakalizer to each channel...
Success, it works!
Elroy Sillman
yeah dude hope it works well!
Yajaira Harang
Sweet !
Hellen Mindrup
Can't wait to give it a whirl today
Margie Pavell
run it through the FX loop and you can use the filter buttons to assign the tweakalizer to each channel...
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by dj_moog
Yeah dude thumbs up on the Xone 22! I just got it not a month ago and i cant keep my hands off. The VU meters have to be my favorite part by far, the blue LEDs look awesome in the dark. Eager to try the FX loop function, hope it works well with the Tweakalizer!
I love the thing personally, and the meter LED's are badass lol... I like to switch off between the two styles just for fun. I will hopefully get my Tweakalizer back from my buddy today.. I only had it running through one CDJ during testing, haven't tried through the fx loop yet... Once I give it a whirl I'll post back here and let you know how it went.
Elroy Sillman
Yeah dude thumbs up on the Xone 22! I just got it not a month ago and i cant keep my hands off. The VU meters have to be my favorite part by far, the blue LEDs look awesome in the dark. Eager to try the FX loop function, hope it works well with the Tweakalizer!
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by keithace
are you happy with your Xone 22? I love mine...even though the filter buttons have that hiccup...
Dude, YES! I noticed that day 1

It's when you turn the filters on and off under the volume fader, right? That was such a buzzkill. Other than that I love the thing.. Warm EQ's, nice filters, unbelievable sound quality, etc. It's my first mixer and I knew I had to get quality. I like Pioneer, but I wanted to stand out with the Xone.. Haven't regretted it for a minute
Margie Pavell
are you happy with your Xone 22? I love mine...even though the filter buttons have that hiccup...
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by Eliot Han
nice setup. curious on what you can do with that tweakalizer, you should post up a vid
Was believeing about it.. I thought it would work for both decks but only hooks up to one... (I should have done some more research, but whatever.)

Not bad for 70 bucks either.. Filter (high and low pass), flanger, delay, and you can even scratch with the platter but I'd really recommend not doing it lol. Sample recorder, etc. I need a few days of toying with it and then I'll make something for everyone to watch
Ciara Cuttill
nice setup. curious on what you can do with that tweakalizer, you should post up a vid
Hellen Mindrup
Hellen Mindrup
Hellen Mindrup
Just bought a Behringer Tweakalizer for 70 bucks.... Will post pics in a few.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by tekki
Edited pictures...
Thanks
Random X
Edited pictures...
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by Jayvee
You use your monitors for house parties?
I have a few times, those things are so damn loud. I'd like to get a pair of pa speakers soon
Maude Milesky
Nice bong

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy