Traktor Pro 2 and Windows 8 issues

Home :: General Discussion :: Traktor Pro 2 and Windows 8 issuesReply
Traktor Pro 2 and Windows 8 issues
Posted on: 29.12.2013 by Darlene Strohbeck
I know this has been posted about a few times, but I couldn't find any updated info.

I just purchased a new laptop for an amazing price during boxing day, but of course it came with Windows 8.

After the initial installation (haven't even tried my Kontrol S2 yet) I've noticed a couple key things. 1. It doesn't shut down properly. This has an easy fix through the task manager, ok not a deal breaker, but the second one is 2. An entire section of my mixer in the software is missing. Even though I've selected for them to be visible, I can't see the channel faders, "key" rotary faders, or the filters for all four decks, a,b,c,d. Instead, I see a black box where they should be.

I still have time to take this computer back, but it doesn't seem like I can pick up a windows 7 machine unless I shell out a lot more money because as we all know brand new windows 7 machines are few and far between now.

I'll try to upload a pic but it's not working right now.
Darlene Strohbeck
Originally Posted by Stewe
Hey dude,

You reported this to NI support desk?
Not yet.

If I can't get it up and running by toevening I'll probably call them tomorrow.
Darlene Strohbeck
I know this has been posted about a few times, but I couldn't find any updated info.

I just purchased a new laptop for an amazing price during boxing day, but of course it came with Windows 8.

After the initial installation (haven't even tried my Kontrol S2 yet) I've noticed a couple key things. 1. It doesn't shut down properly. This has an easy fix through the task manager, ok not a deal breaker, but the second one is 2. An entire section of my mixer in the software is missing. Even though I've selected for them to be visible, I can't see the channel faders, "key" rotary faders, or the filters for all four decks, a,b,c,d. Instead, I see a black box where they should be.

I still have time to take this computer back, but it doesn't seem like I can pick up a windows 7 machine unless I shell out a lot more money because as we all know brand new windows 7 machines are few and far between now.

I'll try to upload a pic but it's not working right now.
Jetta Drenzek
Have you got Windows 8.1 also? I know I had a few issues with my Windows 8 machine but it's all sorted now.
Darlene Strohbeck
Turns out I just needed to download the latest version and the bugs were fixed.

Crisis averted.
Darlene Strohbeck
Originally Posted by Stewe
Hey dude,

Not yet.

If I can't get it up and running by toevening I'll probably call them tomorrow.
Kellie Myrum
Hey dude,

Darlene Strohbeck
After plugging in the controller it appears the blacked out sections of the mixer section appear, but I can't even get the controller to work with it even after running the setup wizard multiple times.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy