Reloop RS-8000 and 7000 and DVS questions

Home :: General Discussion :: Reloop RS-8000 and 7000 and DVS questionsReply
Reloop RS-8000 and 7000 and DVS questions
Posted on: 24.12.2013 by Cira Ditz
*edit - sorry RP-8000!*

Loving the new Reloop turntables (especially the sleek white 7000 ltds).

I've never used a DVS system before, just wondered I've already got mixvibes Cross which works with DVS, would I need to get a Mixvibes soundcard and control vinyl to go with that, or would other brands also work ?
Cira Ditz
Originally Posted by makar1
Any reason you went for Reloop over Technics, given that they're at least 50% more expensive?
Main reason was I wanted something new and the 7000s are
Cira Ditz
Any reason you went for Reloop over Technics, given that they're at least 50% more expensive?
Cira Ditz
Cira Ditz
Cira Ditz
Cira Ditz
Cira Ditz
Cira Ditz
Cira Ditz
Cira Ditz
Cira Ditz
Cira Ditz
Originally Posted by synthet1c
I don't use cross, I just looked at their website to give you an answer.. However in VDJ which is similar you can use two real decks to control 4 software decks. but you need to put the timecode mode into "relative" that will mean you can swap what deck the timecode controls without changing the pitch of the playing track.. but it also means that if you are using tracks with bpms outside the range of about +/-5 then you could easily run out of pitch fader length...

You should really forget about mixing more than two decks IMO, as using turntables will fill in the time that sync frees up meaning you won't be standing around waiting... because until you get the hang of beatmatching on turntables you will have to nurse them into sync so won't have time for deck's three and four.

If you can still return them the best vinyl substitute that can control four decks is the stanton SCS1D, it has two layers on each deck and a motorised pitch fader to make swapping easy, it's pretty ugly in the two tone but that's nothing a paint job couldn't fix & it has the same motor as the reloop you mentioned. The only downside to it and the reason it was a failure is that you need to run them through a firewire port, which not many laptops have.

Also I couldn't find anything on mapping commands in the cross manual to know whether you have the option to swap the timecode controlling decks, if you are looking for other software that will be able to do what you want VDJ8 Beta just got announced yesterday so it should be out in a couple of months to the public.
Cheers so much for all the advice and suggestions I believe for the vinyl I was def really just believeing of '2 decks' in the software (was just wondering if I can just manage with one turntable controlling both), and just having my XDJ Aero as an extra deck or two if I wanted to drop in things/use it's sample launch. This was all for a home setup so I won't be taking it out - when playing out it'll just be CDJs with Aero as a back up (or my Aero as my main unit if it's just a small bar/poor gear - had a couple of those gigs this year).
Cira Ditz
Originally Posted by Chelan
Let us know how you like them and how well they respond with Traktor (if you end up using that software) once you've had the chance to play on them for a week or so. Hope they work well for ya.
Will do - sadly they've not come in yet but hoping won't be too long. I'm having some issues tho with my Cross (keeps crashing on load ) which I need to look at anyways - my next stop is their support community s as it's driven me mad this weekend so prhaps not a bad thing I haven't got the decks yet. I'd rather not go to Traktor scratch just as it's a big extra cost, but if I can't solve my Cross crashing issues maybe I'll have to look at that.

But this NYE I'm on my Traktor Pro 2 and using the clubs cdj 2000s which is no bad thing
Cira Ditz
Cira Ditz
get some decksavers for when your not using them, that'll stop those little rascals from wrecking your platters and needles
just checked and Reloop have some covers, so yes, I'm gonna do this I planned to have my AERO as a 'deck 3 and 4' option anyway so I can just jump on that when the rascals are more 'engaging' and when they're lazysnoozing I'll jump on the turntables.

Really excited about this, tbh was gonna get a pair of cdjs 2000s but this looks more fun and a fair bit cheaper too - cheers again
Cira Ditz
*edit - sorry RP-8000!*

Loving the new Reloop turntables (especially the sleek white 7000 ltds).

I've never used a DVS system before, just wondered I've already got mixvibes Cross which works with DVS, would I need to get a Mixvibes soundcard and control vinyl to go with that, or would other brands also work ?
Jon Raffi
the video was helpful and the read is also informative so i am getting the support in setting my fingers fall upon accurately and as per my wish as well
Cira Ditz
I don't use cross, I just looked at their website to give you an answer.. However in VDJ which is similar you can use two real decks to control 4 software decks. but you need to put the timecode mode into "relative" that will mean you can swap what deck the timecode controls without changing the pitch of the playing track.. but it also means that if you are using tracks with bpms outside the range of about +/-5 then you could easily run out of pitch fader length...

You should really forget about mixing more than two decks IMO, as using turntables will fill in the time that sync frees up meaning you won't be standing around waiting... because until you get the hang of beatmatching on turntables you will have to nurse them into sync so won't have time for deck's three and four.

If you can still return them the best vinyl substitute that can control four decks is the stanton SCS1D, it has two layers on each deck and a motorised pitch fader to make swapping easy, it's pretty ugly in the two tone but that's nothing a paint job couldn't fix & it has the same motor as the reloop you mentioned. The only downside to it and the reason it was a failure is that you need to run them through a firewire port, which not many laptops have.

Also I couldn't find anything on mapping commands in the cross manual to know whether you have the option to swap the timecode controlling decks, if you are looking for other software that will be able to do what you want VDJ8 Beta just got announced yesterday so it should be out in a couple of months to the public.
Cheers so much for all the advice and suggestions I believe for the vinyl I was def really just believeing of '2 decks' in the software (was just wondering if I can just manage with one turntable controlling both), and just having my XDJ Aero as an extra deck or two if I wanted to drop in things/use it's sample launch. This was all for a home setup so I won't be taking it out - when playing out it'll just be CDJs with Aero as a back up (or my Aero as my main unit if it's just a small bar/poor gear - had a couple of those gigs this year).
Cira Ditz
Originally Posted by Chelan
Let us know how you like them and how well they respond with Traktor (if you end up using that software) once you've had the chance to play on them for a week or so. Hope they work well for ya.
Will do - sadly they've not come in yet but hoping won't be too long. I'm having some issues tho with my Cross (keeps crashing on load ) which I need to look at anyways - my next stop is their support community s as it's driven me mad this weekend so prhaps not a bad thing I haven't got the decks yet. I'd rather not go to Traktor scratch just as it's a big extra cost, but if I can't solve my Cross crashing issues maybe I'll have to look at that.

But this NYE I'm on my Traktor Pro 2 and using the clubs cdj 2000s which is no bad thing
Cira Ditz
Jonathan Chiuchiolo

Chuck Peretto
Alphonso Deitchman
Cira Ditz
ordered a pair of white RP-7000s and basic soundcard

I'm hoping to save for a DJM850 later this year so I can trade up to Traktor Scratch then if I want to switch from Cross. Really excited, was resolved to having a long save for CDJs but this pretty much ticks most boxes for me and adds in a nice few extras (dammit I've already been eyeing vinyl online!)

Cheers again for the advice
Cira Ditz
One more (kinda odd I guess) question, but with Cross and how you can swap between 4 decks, 'in theory' can I get away with just one turntable as a controller and switch between A and B with their outputs to a mixer? I'll be mostly beatmatching initially but will def be learning to scratch later on when I can get a 2nd. No probs if it'd only work with a pair tho.
Cira Ditz
get some decksavers for when your not using them, that'll stop those little rascals from wrecking your platters and needles
just checked and Reloop have some covers, so yes, I'm gonna do this I planned to have my AERO as a 'deck 3 and 4' option anyway so I can just jump on that when the rascals are more 'engaging' and when they're lazysnoozing I'll jump on the turntables.

Really excited about this, tbh was gonna get a pair of cdjs 2000s but this looks more fun and a fair bit cheaper too - cheers again
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Cira Ditz
hang on, what am I believeing here, I have cats.....2 crazy, lovable, jump all over everywhere often wanting attention cats.

maybe I should rebelieve this lol :/
Cira Ditz
Thanks so much synthet1C - really glad for the advice

I've got Pro2 as well so guess if I did get an NI card I could always go back to traktor if I wanted

Think I know what am getting after xmas !!
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
cross will work with any soundcard, the only thing you need is a 4in 4out soundcard (two stereo pairs of ins and outs) to run DVS. I would go with a Native Instruments soundcard as they are the best sounding in their price range and you get the option of using traktor scratch, but you could do it on the cheap using a Maya 44 USB which will get the job done.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy