Out of all those who post mixes here, how many of you actually listen to mixes here?

Home :: General Discussion :: Out of all those who post mixes here, how many of you actually listen to mixes here?Reply
Out of all those who post mixes here, how many of you actually listen to mixes here?
Posted on: 28.12.2013 by Georgina Schatzman
Just as the title says, I'm curious to find out how many people actually listen to mixes here instead of just posting them?

I myself usually don't, because most of the tracklistings don't seem that inspiring, but every once in awhile some one will catch my interest for some reason and it usually is a good listen.

So yeah, do you just post mixes here, or do you actually take a moment to see what else is here as well?
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
If I see a track listing that I like or a post by someone I consider good or with similar tastes, I'll listen.

I don't comment very often if I do listen though
Vouch, this man makes the effort.

I also do listen to a good amount of them, I occasionally try to offer up some kind of feedback for DJs/producers even though I'm not a pro of any kind... But people like feedback, it'll give them the drive to do the same for others.
Random X
Originally Posted by Jester
Catchy title, you have my interest
Full Tracklisting and embedded player, almost there

No tracklisting or indication of genre or style at all .... next.
I usually delete mixes that do not have an embedded player and tracklist.
Isa Erik
Originally Posted by Patch
I usually listen to any mixes that get my attention.

As an absolute MINIMUM, there has to be a track listing. A short paragraph describing the mix helps a lot. A cover good cover image goes a long way.

To those guys that post but don't listen - do you really expect people to listen to your mix if you don't listen to any?
This.
Only problem I get is there aren't too many mixes of genres I like so...
Galen Fraile

As an absolute MINIMUM, there has to be a track listing. A short paragraph describing the mix helps a lot. A cover good cover image goes a long way.
Same criteria. Haven't posted any yet but generally i'll take a look at the track listing and listen to the opener and if it's inspired i'll hop on over to soundcloud and give it a proper listen as I do my classwork or cook or something. Some good mixes on here.
Georgina Schatzman
Just as the title says, I'm curious to find out how many people actually listen to mixes here instead of just posting them?

I myself usually don't, because most of the tracklistings don't seem that inspiring, but every once in awhile some one will catch my interest for some reason and it usually is a good listen.

So yeah, do you just post mixes here, or do you actually take a moment to see what else is here as well?
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
If I see a track listing that I like or a post by someone I consider good or with similar tastes, I'll listen.

Vouch, this man makes the effort.

I also do listen to a good amount of them, I occasionally try to offer up some kind of feedback for DJs/producers even though I'm not a pro of any kind... But people like feedback, it'll give them the drive to do the same for others.
Margie Pavell
tracklisting, downloadable, proper length of time...at the very minimum...
Random X
Originally Posted by Jester

I usually delete mixes that do not have an embedded player and tracklist.
Isa Erik

To those guys that post but don't listen - do you really expect people to listen to your mix if you don't listen to any?
This.
Only problem I get is there aren't too many mixes of genres I like so...
Stanley Peckman
I would never post up here or any other community , its not what they are for, I do however upload to mixcloud purely for people who are looking to book me so they can see what they are getting. It's a lot less hassle on the evening if they are getting what they expected..............
Galen Fraile

Same criteria. Haven't posted any yet but generally i'll take a look at the track listing and listen to the opener and if it's inspired i'll hop on over to soundcloud and give it a proper listen as I do my classwork or cook or something. Some good mixes on here.
Rebbecca Fennell
Don't post, don't listen.

Seems kind of pointless to me
Bethann Olortegui
I have my SC link in my sig, but then so does everybody. I agree with the above comments, the more info the better. If I'm in a mix-hunting mood I'll often take a gamble on something random. Need to be able to download though. I do all my listening in the car so don't stream anything.

I'll also take this opportunity to (shamelessly) post a mix, adhering to said criteria
In all serious though, any feedback is most welcome and I'm willing to respond in kind. Its a year old but in my opinion pretty timeless.

Forty Degree Day
Deep Techno/House

"Nobody got nothing to say about a forty degree day. Fifty? Fifty bring a smile to your face. Sixty? Shit, you damn near barbecuing on that motherfucker. Go down to twenty, people get their bitch on. Get their blood complaining, but forty? Nobody give a fuck about forty. Nobody remember forty, and y’all giving me way too many forty degree days…"

Raw, uncut etc.

Nina Kraviz - Aus (DJ Qu Remix) [Rekids]
Lawrence - Oolong High [Pampa]
Nina Kraviz - Aus (Matthew E Remix) [Rekids]
Koss/Henriksson/Mullaert - One [Mule Electronic]
SCB - Overlay [SCB]
Nikola Gala - Only (Original Mix) [Rekids]
Brothers of Zion - iLook (Tony Lionni Remix) [Peppermint Jam]
Jimmy Edgar - This One's For The Children [Hotflush]
Boddika/Joy O/Pearson Sound - Faint [SunkLo]
Trevino - Backtracking [TheNothingSpecial]
Dusky - Numerical [Dogmatik]
Nautilus - Sabbath [Turbo Recordings]
Konrad Black - Devastator [Get Weird]
Yakine - Tight Thing [One Records]
Yooj - Mademoiselle [Monique Musique]
Trevino - Lag [Revolver]
Arkist + Kidkut - Vanilla Imitate [Hotflush]

https://soundcloud.com/stone_collins/forty-degree-day
Latoria Kavulich

Georgina Schatzman
Apparently there' still hope for this place
Brunilda Kora

Lakeesha Storman

Klara Kinnebrew
Its funny you post this because I was believeing the same thing. People post mixes all the but never get comments. I personally dont listen to mixes.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy