Reply to This is beyond ridiculous (CDJ looping)

This is beyond ridiculous (CDJ looping)
SO I've wanted an upgrade for a while and I decided on the 1000mk3. I had the 200's so this is a decent step up.
Bought second-hand but they look as new. One thing I just don't get is the pricetag on these things. Not too long ago they were industry standard and were pretty close to the 2000's current pricetag.

Here's the thing, I don't believe it's worth the money. Maybe I SUCK as a DJ but I don't believe so, I really hope so, but I doubt it. My main issue is: LOOPING! This is a product which you pay over 1k for and it can't even create a decent loop? I don't expect it to be on the level of digital software but the frames are so inaccurate I have to put the second track 1 BPM down AND nudge it all the time just to keep it in beat. Do I make it the tiniest fraction possible shorter? It will go way too fast and I'll have to adjust the other way around. This is in the most extreme cases but still...

So basically, they implemented the loop function to use on the fly and extend outro's and intro's.. right? Even IF I get it just right (which is a bit of a crapshoot really) it will still be off and no ammount of adjusting will get me a decent loop. Don't get me wrong, it works, but only 50% of the time, so it' s way too risky to use in a live set cause I don't know if it'll completely fuck off my "sync" and go offbeat within 8 seconds, or if it'll work out, and that's not even taking in the fact that I might hit the loop-out or in a fraction too late.

So what am I missing here? Is this a crapshoot? Does no-one use it for live looping? Practice? WHAT IS THIS FOR IF IT DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY. I just need to know so I'll know if I'm wasting time with this or not. If the 2000's and 900's are the only CDJ's that do a decent job at looping I believe I'll sell my shit and just switch to traktor, it's all really cool but I expect decent functionality for the insane price. Sorry for my rant, I'm just a frustrated geezer haha...
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy