speaker help

speaker help
Posted on: 29.05.2013 by Estela Axen
Whats the best way of connecting my studio monitors to my pc was reading up about connecting them 2 an external soundcard ?
Celestine Porebski
Originally Posted by grazz16
Yes, you need an external sound card.
Not really, you could also use the laptop's soundcard (I'm just assuming the laptop thing, does anyone still use stationary computers nowadays? at least for music stuff...offices and gamers are obviously an entirely different thing) and then a TRS>2xXLR cable or a TRS>RCA-adapter and the RCA>XLR cables you mentioned....
Berta Baie
Originally Posted by 3heads
Audio cables.....
lol smart ass

Ok having literally just done this today i can help you here. Yes, you need an external sound card. Then it depends on what the connections on the back look like. Then most likely you will need 2 male XLR to male RCA cables to run from your speakers to the audio outputs 1 and 2 on your sound card.
Estela Axen
Whats the best way of connecting my studio monitors to my pc was reading up about connecting them 2 an external soundcard ?
Berta Baie
yeah, but if you are seriously enough to pick up a pair of studio monitors why are you using your laptops sound card?
Celestine Porebski
Originally Posted by grazz16
Yes, you need an external sound card.
Not really, you could also use the laptop's soundcard (I'm just assuming the laptop thing, does anyone still use stationary computers nowadays? at least for music stuff...offices and gamers are obviously an entirely different thing) and then a TRS>2xXLR cable or a TRS>RCA-adapter and the RCA>XLR cables you mentioned....
Berta Baie
Originally Posted by 3heads
Audio cables.....
lol smart ass

Ok having literally just done this today i can help you here. Yes, you need an external sound card. Then it depends on what the connections on the back look like. Then most likely you will need 2 male XLR to male RCA cables to run from your speakers to the audio outputs 1 and 2 on your sound card.
Celestine Porebski
Audio cables.....

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy