Forum Suggestion

Forum Suggestion
Posted on: 04.11.2013 by Berta Baie
Hey mods et al.

Just a thought regarding this community specifically: there seems to be no shortage of threads requesting feedback on tracks completely ignoring the stickied post about "putting these in the mixes and productions community ." Personally I don't mind the feedback threads, but I get that this annoys some people. However lets get serious for a minute here, nobody actually listens to much of anything in that community let alone can provide specific production oriented advice for people if they want it from people who actually produce.

So in an effort to clean this community up a bit more perhaps we should create a sub-community just for track feedback like they have over on the Anjunabeats community s. Either that or a specific stickied thread dedicated solely for ppl to get feedback on their productions.

It makes absolutely no difference to me if this happens or not, since I'm not the one posting my stuff for review, but I believe that getting honest feedback on your productions is an extremely important way to develop as a producer and hone your ears to finding that professional sound.
Berta Baie
Originally Posted by Tarekith
People won't open a thread called Reminder, so get the message across in a way so they don't have to.
This is true.

The rational is that it keeps all the production related material in one community . I don't really check the mixes and productions community tbh because in my experience no one really listens to much of anything in there. Like i said, just a suggestion for those sick of seeing all those "feedback" threads in this community .
Berta Baie
Hey mods et al.

Just a thought regarding this community specifically: there seems to be no shortage of threads requesting feedback on tracks completely ignoring the stickied post about "putting these in the mixes and productions community ." Personally I don't mind the feedback threads, but I get that this annoys some people. However lets get serious for a minute here, nobody actually listens to much of anything in that community let alone can provide specific production oriented advice for people if they want it from people who actually produce.

So in an effort to clean this community up a bit more perhaps we should create a sub-community just for track feedback like they have over on the Anjunabeats community s. Either that or a specific stickied thread dedicated solely for ppl to get feedback on their productions.

It makes absolutely no difference to me if this happens or not, since I'm not the one posting my stuff for review, but I believe that getting honest feedback on your productions is an extremely important way to develop as a producer and hone your ears to finding that professional sound.
Tera Baragan
bumping this cause there are a bunch of posts that pertain to this
Tera Baragan
What I was believeing the other day is split the mixes and productions community s into 2 subcommunity s underneath this one. Cause as grazz said I don't tend to listen to mixes much but sometimes go in and give feedback on productions and such.

Mixing is fairly easy to me especially with sync and mixed in key softwares, ableton mixes. ETC. Im more a fan of just production as of late.
Berta Baie
Originally Posted by Tarekith
People won't open a thread called Reminder, so get the message across in a way so they don't have to.
This is true.

The rational is that it keeps all the production related material in one community . I don't really check the mixes and productions community tbh because in my experience no one really listens to much of anything in there. Like i said, just a suggestion for those sick of seeing all those "feedback" threads in this community .
Monserrate Rupnow
Personally I don't see much difference between a seperate community like it is now, or making it a sub-community here. I believe it would help if the topic telling people not to post tracks for feedback here was titled something other than "Reminder". Change the subject to something like "This Is The Wrong Forum To Post Your Songs In".

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy