Can't see why anyone would use a drum rack? Enlighten me please!

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Can't see why anyone would use a drum rack? Enlighten me please!Reply
Can't see why anyone would use a drum rack? Enlighten me please!
Posted on: 07.11.2013 by Bernard Pulizzi
Hello all..

I have been looking at buying Battery 4 for my beat programming, except I can't see the benefit of drum racks as a whole..

I never use the Ableton drum rack, instead opting to write each section of the beat in on the arrangement view - this is basically the same, except now the beat is split, allowing more control over which sections of the beat begin and/or fall out.

I would ideally like Battery because it looks very intuitive, and has a huge library of samples, but without this freedom I can't see myself making much use of it.. unless drum racks have a good feature to separate the different hits (aside from the splitting which takes a long time and leaves my project very messy - which then takes time from being creative to reorganise)?

Thanks for any help and enlightenment you can offer!
Bernard Pulizzi
Originally Posted by Tarekith
You can output up to 16 channels out of Battery if I remember right, and feed it midi on seperate tracks too. So it could work very close to the way you do now it sounds like.
If you can output to separate tracks then I'll buy tomorrow, that would be PERFECT for the way I produce!

Can anyone confirm or deny?!

EDIT: I found out it's very possible, what a result!
Bernard Pulizzi
Hello all..

I have been looking at buying Battery 4 for my beat programming, except I can't see the benefit of drum racks as a whole..

I never use the Ableton drum rack, instead opting to write each section of the beat in on the arrangement view - this is basically the same, except now the beat is split, allowing more control over which sections of the beat begin and/or fall out.

I would ideally like Battery because it looks very intuitive, and has a huge library of samples, but without this freedom I can't see myself making much use of it.. unless drum racks have a good feature to separate the different hits (aside from the splitting which takes a long time and leaves my project very messy - which then takes time from being creative to reorganise)?

Thanks for any help and enlightenment you can offer!
Bernard Pulizzi
Originally Posted by Tarekith
You can output up to 16 channels out of Battery if I remember right, and feed it midi on seperate tracks too. So it could work very close to the way you do now it sounds like.
If you can output to separate tracks then I'll buy tomorrow, that would be PERFECT for the way I produce!

Can anyone confirm or deny?!

EDIT: I found out it's very possible, what a result!
Monserrate Rupnow

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy