Itch 2.0 is in Public Beta

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Itch 2.0 is in Public BetaReply
Itch 2.0 is in Public Beta
Posted on: 18.07.2011 by Julissa Serrone
Itch 2.0 is in public beta!

This thing is pretty damn sick. When I get a chance I'll try to do a DJTT write up on it. The SP-6 has sync AND keylocked sampler....you can also put an entire track in a sample slot. New sync is much better than previous Itch versions. Has multiple views. Smart Crates.

AND the coolest thing of all. They have an easter egg, that when you press a certain code the colored waves change color to reflect your EQ's. That is the sickest visual representation i've seen!
Rebbecca Fennell
Originally Posted by haze324
I believe the Ipad can only control keystrokes. So you can access loops, cue points and most important the SP-6 sampler.
bomes, and novations automap pro can do itas well
Candy Vardy
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Lol, me too. Except I knew that was going to happen from already having 1.7 installed (used it with my mate's VCI-300 to see what it was like).
Yeah I guess I'll just have to wait for my Twitch to arrive and try it out then..

Btw dude, Next week I'll be heading to your side of the world, Barcelona!

I'll be there on the 25th for the day. My ship is going to be spending the day there, I can't wait, its an awesome city man!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Dustin V
So I downloaded 2.0 beta to give it a look seeing that I will be getting the Twitch soon.

So I install it, load it up and realize that it only works properly with the hardware plugged in, which of course I don't have yet... dope...
Lol, me too. Except I knew that was going to happen from already having 1.7 installed (used it with my mate's VCI-300 to see what it was like).
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by B Linus

I have a strong feeling that MIDI mapping will be available in future releases.
Evelia Mcgaffin
Originally Posted by sardu
I've just started noodling. very stable so far. my favorite new feature is the sync/phase meter thingy. its a nice easy visual cue as to the relative sync of the track.
I've noticed an improvement in the sync function as well. Lots of whining at the Serato community because of the supposed drastic changes it underwent, but the tech guys there insist that users keep playing around with it, and that it's more advanced in this version. (They're right)

i have always preferred the evening mode with fullscreen horizontal waveforms of Itch, so the other displays dont really do much for me. I could see how someone who rocks ssl would be super happy to have a similar layout, but for someone who has just been using itch, i have always thought the full screen, stacked waveforms are the perfect interface, and make traktors completely separated and parallel waveforms seem really useless (had to take a little shot there).
I'm totally in the same boat as you. Totally. Even a plugin for Traktor that would provide horizontal/colored waveforms like ITCH's would make me seriously consider making the jump, but until then, I'm perfectly content with ITCH. We're probably setting ourselves up for insults from beatmatching purists, but the end result is very clean transitions thanks to the horizontal stacking and a little bit of -/+ nudging.

I am also feeling itchy for a button controller for the sampler. kind of a useless toy if i have to click a tiny button on my screen.
so far, it terms of real power and usefulness, it seems like a mild advance. so far.
I have a strong feeling that MIDI mapping will be available in future releases. The Bridge is pretty much a definite integration, and that will open up what we'll be able to do externally; so I wouldn't sweat it.
Rebbecca Fennell
I believe the Ipad can only control keystrokes. So you can access loops, cue points and most important the SP-6 sampler.
bomes, and novations automap pro can do itas well
Julissa Serrone
Evelia Mcgaffin
Well, this is interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ3DEKMQ-rE

Edit: additionally, here's a demo & brief description of the easter egg within 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kji_G-AyVIY

I have yet to try this
Tatum Ansaldo
No way! Got plans? Want to grab a beer? PM me!
Candy Vardy
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Yeah I guess I'll just have to wait for my Twitch to arrive and try it out then..

Btw dude, Next week I'll be heading to your side of the world, Barcelona!

I'll be there on the 25th for the day. My ship is going to be spending the day there, I can't wait, its an awesome city man!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Dustin V
So I downloaded 2.0 beta to give it a look seeing that I will be getting the Twitch soon.

So I install it, load it up and realize that it only works properly with the hardware plugged in, which of course I don't have yet... dope...
Candy Vardy

Julissa Serrone

I have a strong feeling that MIDI mapping will be available in future releases.
Evelia Mcgaffin
I've just started noodling. very stable so far. my favorite new feature is the sync/phase meter thingy. its a nice easy visual cue as to the relative sync of the track.
I've noticed an improvement in the sync function as well. Lots of whining at the Serato community because of the supposed drastic changes it underwent, but the tech guys there insist that users keep playing around with it, and that it's more advanced in this version. (They're right)

i have always preferred the evening mode with fullscreen horizontal waveforms of Itch, so the other displays dont really do much for me. I could see how someone who rocks ssl would be super happy to have a similar layout, but for someone who has just been using itch, i have always thought the full screen, stacked waveforms are the perfect interface, and make traktors completely separated and parallel waveforms seem really useless (had to take a little shot there).
I'm totally in the same boat as you. Totally. Even a plugin for Traktor that would provide horizontal/colored waveforms like ITCH's would make me seriously consider making the jump, but until then, I'm perfectly content with ITCH. We're probably setting ourselves up for insults from beatmatching purists, but the end result is very clean transitions thanks to the horizontal stacking and a little bit of -/+ nudging.

I am also feeling itchy for a button controller for the sampler. kind of a useless toy if i have to click a tiny button on my screen.
so far, it terms of real power and usefulness, it seems like a mild advance. so far.
I have a strong feeling that MIDI mapping will be available in future releases. The Bridge is pretty much a definite integration, and that will open up what we'll be able to do externally; so I wouldn't sweat it.
Jason Kruml
Coreen Pankow
haze... thats actually pretty sweet.
Evelia Mcgaffin
So, has anyone experimented hard with the beta yet?

Try out the Power Tools or custom samples with the sync-able SP6? Cool smart crates?

I've found the beta really stable so far, and love the re-designs on the GUI, but the slight inflexibility for mapping keeps me thirsty for more creative/production-friendly features that are hopefully on their way!
Julissa Serrone
here's some shots of the EQ's changing the colors of the waves:

both eq's normal:

Low's of bottom song half way down

Eq's Low all the way down

EQ low all the way down; mid's and hi's turn a 1/4 up

Pretty freakin dope if you ask me!
Cristian Carmona
installed itch 2 and worked without w/o a hitch, loved the new overlay and this looks like SSL now.
Kassandra Guthmiller
Anyone else having problems installing 2.0? I am alright to post this question here, or should I start a new topic?

Edit: nevermind, I've done it
Breanne Penge
no, Itch doesn't have the full Traktor raping yet.
Kiyoko Wellisch
So do they have the bridge thingy yet?
Rebbecca Fennell
I'm pretty pleased with how stable it is for a beta, I've been making the most of my day off work and its been smooth sailing so far. When they improve the selection of fx I may have to look into getting something more portable then my numarks. This beta is definitly promising outlook for the final update
Breanne Penge
Someone wrote in the chat once "No self respecting controllerist uses Itch"

I thought that was pretty funny. Itch 2.0 looks fantastic. The library management is very nice, the new layouts are gold. etc. Love it.
Rosina Steinkuehler
^
no 4 band EQ.
Weak sauce. Thanks for verifying.
Julissa Serrone
^
no 4 band EQ.
Rosina Steinkuehler
Question for itch users:

1. 4 Band EQ supported?
2. Can you map gain or filter on something like Numark NS6 to sub low?

thanks in advance!
Jason Kruml
you have to log into serato's community .
http://serato.com/community /area/373/joinbeta
Julissa Serrone
Gotcha...

I've never used SP6 before. Isn't it just a bank of six hot cues that you can store and "sample" over your tracks? What functions does it involve that the keyboard can't control?
Some of the controls on the SP6 (and not sure which ones are on the keyboard) are volume, gain, sync, keylock, play, play with button hold, loop, left channel, right channel, master, not sure which other ones.

I would believe play, type of play, volume, sync, keylock and loop are ones you want to midi map.

To download you have sign up for the public beta here:http://serato.com/community /area/373
Arcelia Siebeneck
I don't believe the keyboard can control all of the SP6 controls so there are some limits even with the midi/keyboard trick.

Unlocking the easter is no joke. You have to press a three key combo (common keys, like control + alt + delete), THEN you have to tap in morse code a word, somewhere specific on the screen.

I know that's very vague but it took us a TON of trys to figure it out with the Serato team giving us plenty of hints, and still no luck. I plan on doing a write up for DJTT on 2.0 sometime this week and will include as much as I can about the easter egg.
once you do, I'll be able to knock together a Windows executable (sorry Mac users!) that will repeat the key combination as a macro (so you'll just double click an exe to get the Easter Egg).
Jerome Burruss
I can't find a download.
Evelia Mcgaffin
I don't believe the keyboard can control all of the SP6 controls so there are some limits even with the midi/keyboard trick.
Gotcha...

I've never used SP6 before. Isn't it just a bank of six hot cues that you can store and "sample" over your tracks? What functions does it involve that the keyboard can't control?
Julissa Serrone
Sounds like a blast! I can't wait to get home and try this beast out.

Since ITCH has keyboard mapping only (and I'm assuming 2.0 with SP6 is done the same way as previous versions), we can make use of what was discussed back in this article: http://www.djranking s.com/2010/06/1...ers-with-itch/

Obviously, I haven't tried it, but it could definitely be something to experiment with. If (or when) MIDI mapping and Bridge capabilities are released in future versions, the beloved midifigher will actually become a highly desirable item in the ITCH crowd. Yahoooo!

Unlocking the easter is no joke. You have to press a three key combo (common keys, like control + alt + delete), THEN you have to tap in morse code a word, somewhere specific on the screen.

I know that's very vague but it took us a TON of trys to figure it out with the Serato team giving us plenty of hints, and still no luck. I plan on doing a write up for DJTT on 2.0 sometime this week and will include as much as I can about the easter egg.
Fe Kuchma
no way thats class! how do you get it to do that?
Jason Kruml
sweet! i am already a big fan of Itch, can't wait to check out 2.0.
Evelia Mcgaffin
Yes!!! I believe midi mapping for the SP6 is something that will come to Itch, and really make the SP6 a versatile tool. It's great with SSL but was missing sync since there is none in SSL. For Itch + midi the SP6 is sampling beast. Kinda sucks with the keyboard though to be honest. Not enough control or ease of use for something other than drops, or sound effects.
Sounds like a blast! I can't wait to get home and try this beast out.

Since ITCH has keyboard mapping only (and I'm assuming 2.0 with SP6 is done the same way as previous versions), we can make use of what was discussed back in this article: http://www.djranking s.com/2010/06/1...ers-with-itch/

Obviously, I haven't tried it, but it could definitely be something to experiment with. If (or when) MIDI mapping and Bridge capabilities are released in future versions, the beloved midifigher will actually become a highly desirable item in the ITCH crowd. Yahoooo!
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by thisisdjkaz
Do you mean when you hold cmd and click on the waveform it changes to individual frequencies? That has always been in Itch
Nope not that.

What I mean is that lets say waves are red = low green = mids and ligh blue = highs.

Well when you turn down your Low EQ's the red in your waveform gets lighter until all you have left is the green and blues. Same as if you turn down the hi's and mid's all you are left with is a red wave form. Even better is that the portion of the wave that WAS a low or mid or high is still there just slightly grayed out.

The waves CHANGE colors as you turn your EQ's!
It is AWESOME visual feedback.

This "for me" is the cooles feature of any software out there.

I'm at work now, but will post pics toevening when i get home.
Fe Kuchma

AND the coolest thing of all. They have an easter egg, that when you press a certain code the colored waves change color to reflect your EQ's. That is the sickest visual representation i've seen!
Do you mean when you hold cmd and click on the waveform it changes to individual frequencies? That has always been in Itch
Julissa Serrone
So, with SP6, will the DJTT PowerTools be useful with an NS7 and midistroke + Midi Monitor?

Does this actually add any utilitarian advancements on say, TP2, for a guy like me with an NS7?
Yes!!! I believe midi mapping for the SP6 is something that will come to Itch, and really make the SP6 a versatile tool. It's great with SSL but was missing sync since there is none in SSL. For Itch + midi the SP6 is sampling beast. Kinda sucks with the keyboard though to be honest. Not enough control or ease of use for something other than drops, or sound effects.
Anabel Fogleman
Yay about time it got released!!

I've installed it, but since i'm away from my DX, I've used it in offline mode and looks well neat.

Can't wait to get home later and try it with my DX.

Loving the sound of the easter egg, looks like a great idea!!

Cheers
Lee

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy