using regular vinyl with serato

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: using regular vinyl with seratoReply
using regular vinyl with serato
Posted on: 04.02.2012 by Lakeshia Carcone
hi want to get serato so i can use it with the bridge but want to intergrate it with regular vinyl which unit do i need. I know the sl1 has been discontinued but i believe its the right option am i right as it has seperate thru outputs
Dorie Scelzo
I could on my old one
Dorie Scelzo
I could on my old one
Dorie Scelzo
I could on my old one
Dorie Scelzo
I could on my old one
Dorie Scelzo
I could on my old one
Dorie Scelzo
I could on my old one
Sherry Nyblom
Originally Posted by dj_mosquito
i'll have to try again with my sl1, but i don't believe i've ever managed to have to play vinyl through without the computer hooked up and on and i do use an external power supply
It just needs external power supply if your laptop not powering it up. Maybe power jack on your SL1 was faulty.
Dorie Scelzo
I could on my old one
Dione Haimes
Originally Posted by mostapha
The ones after that have software switching or something. Or you can get the NI multicore cables. Or RCA splitters.
True story.
If your running serato you just have to click 'THRU', bearing in mind you have to untick it if you want to go back to TC
Lakeshia Carcone
hi want to get serato so i can use it with the bridge but want to intergrate it with regular vinyl which unit do i need. I know the sl1 has been discontinued but i believe its the right option am i right as it has seperate thru outputs
Brunilda Kora
You just need some RCA splitters. Then you make the distinction between DVS/TT on your mixers Line/Phono switch...
Sherry Nyblom
Originally Posted by dj_mosquito
i'll have to try again with my sl1, but i don't believe i've ever managed to have to play vinyl through without the computer hooked up and on and i do use an external power supply
It just needs external power supply if your laptop not powering it up. Maybe power jack on your SL1 was faulty.
Dorie Scelzo
I could on my old one
Freddie Henrichs
Needs to be powered, on my SL3, I can play without the laptop being on.
Althea Pichoff
Dorie Scelzo
That's why I don't believe the SL2 is an upgrade. I can't hear a meaningful difference in sound quality, and it's way more of a PITA.

NI's multicore cables might actually be a good idea. Or, better yet, make your own.
Audrey Pinda
I know with my SL1 box, if I want to use regular vinyl and still have the Serato box hooked up, the SL1 box needs to be powered. It's a pain for me as I don't have a power supply for it (yet) but it's pretty simple overall. So when I want to play vinyl, and don't want to mess with the computer for USB power to the SL1 box, I just unplug the box completely right now. If I'm going with Serato, and want to throw on a record though, it's as easy as hitting a switch and it's on phono.

Just hit the transform switch on the mixer, vinyl away. Don't even have to have Serato on or loaded, just need power going through the box.

I know the new ones are different, and I'm honestly not sure how (other than reading people's responses here).
Dione Haimes
Originally Posted by mostapha
The ones after that have software switching or something. Or you can get the NI multicore cables. Or RCA splitters.
True story.
If your running serato you just have to click 'THRU', bearing in mind you have to untick it if you want to go back to TC
Dorie Scelzo
Dione Haimes
I use my SL2 between SSL vinyl and regular.

If you want to keep your SL box hardwired w/o the laptop and use the vinyl youll need a power supply

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy