Rane Sixty-Two

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Rane Sixty-TwoReply
Rane Sixty-Two
Posted on: 19.01.2012 by Fe Kuchma

Turntablism is alive and more creative than ever. Rane and Serato are proud to be supporting partners in that creativity with the introduction of the Rane Sixty-One and Sixty-Two Mixers for Serato Scratch Live. For more than a decade, artists have chosen innovative Rane instruments to advance their art and three generations of TTM series mixers have been the top pick for many of the world's best performers. These mixers more tightly integrate performers, music, software, and hardware. The artist adds the passion, imagination and skills.

The Sixty-Two is a plug-and-play package supporting two computers, two-deck digital vinyl simulation, SP-6 sample player, software and hardware effects and all the record and playback channels you need. Software controls for Library, Loops, Cues and SP-6 are laid out for fast and intuitive access. Choose the Sixty-Two and join a community of users dedicated to advancement of the art.

The Sixty-Two Mixer supports both analog and Digital Vinyl Simulation (DVS) playback. The mixer is bundled with Serato Scratch Live and includes a fully integrated MIDI controller for software controls.

A typical setup includes operation with two Scratch Live DVS channels, SP-6 sample player on an independent USB Aux playback channel and Software effects enabled on the USB digital insert in the FlexFx loop. This setup also allows recording PGM1 post-fader, PGM2 post-fader and the Main mix.

If you are looking for the same bullet-proof construction, pristine audio quality and integrated 20-channel sound card, but prefer to use your own MIDI controller with outboard software or hardware effects and a single computer, consider the Rane Sixty-One Mixer.

The Sixty-Two is available with all the same functions in two cosmetic versions:
Fe Kuchma
Originally Posted by Bamfs01

Ehh... no offense but this seems like a bit of an irresponsible statement:

Who confirmed this and when? What do they mean when they say it will work with Traktor? Did they (whom ever they is) say the soundcard built into the Sixty-Two will get noticed in the TSP2 application so you don't need an external soundcard to get the software working? Will Rane be providing drivers for Windows/Apple computers? I'm guessing this statement doesn't have anything to do with using TSP2 as a DVS (at least, without a TSP2 compatable soundcard and a wad of extra cables) but just through playing tracks/mapping keys? Yes/No/I don't know?

Can anyone confirm/elaborate?

@Bamfs01 Everything Haze324 said is correct. Rane are only an email away and are very helpful.
Rosita Bourdeaux
Originally Posted by Konix
It just means the there are ASIO/CoreAudio drivers for the 61 and 62. So yes, you can use the 62 as a soundcard in other programs that you already own, like Traktor, Ableton, VirtualDJ, etc. No DVS support though obviously for Traktor.
I failed to clarify that my post was in relation to DVS. My bad for any confusion
Julissa Serrone
I hope you don't believe you were really answering anything with the above.

Obviously I was looking for some sort of definitive answer, like "oh here's the link to where it was talked about..."

Your definition of they is extrememly hasy. The Rane staff's your answer? Lol come on. I'd sure hope so. Specifics. WHO? WHERE? Excuse my scepticism, but such a vague and broad statement from another community member warrents a couple questions.
perhaps if you weren't asking like such an ass I would've posted a link for you princess.

Or if your really interested in a 62 quit being lazy and check the Serato community .
Bennett Riepenhoff
Originally Posted by haze324
Not irresponsible at all, and actually very helpful as he was passing on info that the Rane staff posted.

Where was it said and who is "THEY" It was said by the Rane staff on the release thread in the Serato community . "They" have a dedicated community area there and were posting every 5 seconds answering questions about the mixer on release day and one of the questions was "will this work with Traktor". They, the RANE staff, confirmed it did. It's understood that it's not a TSP certified mixer but that the soundcard works with Traktor as Konix just said.

Obviously I was looking for some sort of definitive answer, like "oh here's the link to where it was talked about..."

Your definition of they is extrememly hasy. The Rane staff's your answer? Lol come on. I'd sure hope so. Specifics. WHO? WHERE? Excuse my scepticism, but such a vague and broad statement from another community member warrents a couple questions.
Julissa Serrone

Not irresponsible at all, and actually very helpful as he was passing on info that the Rane staff posted.

Where was it said and who is "THEY" It was said by the Rane staff on the release thread in the Serato community . "They" have a dedicated community area there and were posting every 5 seconds answering questions about the mixer on release day and one of the questions was "will this work with Traktor". They, the RANE staff, confirmed it did. It's understood that it's not a TSP certified mixer but that the soundcard works with Traktor as Konix just said.
Rosita Bourdeaux

Who confirmed this and when? What do they mean when they say it will work with Traktor? Did they (whom ever they is) say the soundcard built into the Sixty-Two will get noticed in the TSP2 application so you don't need an external soundcard to get the software working? Will Rane be providing drivers for Windows/Apple computers? I'm guessing this statement doesn't have anything to do with using TSP2 as a DVS (at least, without a TSP2 compatable soundcard and a wad of extra cables) but just through playing tracks/mapping keys? Yes/No/I don't know?

I believe that gentlemen was misunderstanding something said in the video when they briefly mentioned that the soundcard can be used with other software. This is true but this excludes any "closed software" i.e traktor. Unless of course I'm wrong and we all have missed it but it's very unlikely that everyone missed the news about the first mixer that is both serato AND traktor certified.
Bennett Riepenhoff

Originally Posted by thisisdjkaz
This mixer will work with Traktor, Rane staff confirmed it.....

Laurice Migneco
I suppose if you don't use the SP-6 then it might not be a problem though.
That's therefore very cool.... I wonder if the sp6 sample switches change the output of the midi through the two usbs, that would make it awesome....!

Cheers
D
Jacquie Whipp
Originally Posted by S4racen

I hope that if you midi map a button it's standard functionality is disabled like how control surfaces work with Ableton, that way my SP6 assign buttons at the top can become the Bridge Sync to Deck A and B buttons...
Unfortunately no, the Rane mods on the Serato community s already said that you can map any of the buttons/knobs, but they will still do their original function in addition to what you map it to. I suppose if you don't use the SP-6 then it might not be a problem though.
Rebbecca Fennell
the more i look at the 62 the more im tempted to sell all my gear and snag one
Fe Kuchma

@Bamfs01 Everything Haze324 said is correct. Rane are only an email away and are very helpful.
Rosita Bourdeaux
It just means the there are ASIO/CoreAudio drivers for the 61 and 62. So yes, you can use the 62 as a soundcard in other programs that you already own, like Traktor, Ableton, VirtualDJ, etc. No DVS support though obviously for Traktor.
I failed to clarify that my post was in relation to DVS. My bad for any confusion
Julissa Serrone

perhaps if you weren't asking like such an ass I would've posted a link for you princess.

Or if your really interested in a 62 quit being lazy and check the Serato community .
Bennett Riepenhoff
Originally Posted by haze324

Julissa Serrone

Jacquie Whipp
Rosita Bourdeaux

I believe that gentlemen was misunderstanding something said in the video when they briefly mentioned that the soundcard can be used with other software. This is true but this excludes any "closed software" i.e traktor. Unless of course I'm wrong and we all have missed it but it's very unlikely that everyone missed the news about the first mixer that is both serato AND traktor certified.
Bennett Riepenhoff

This mixer will work with Traktor, Rane staff confirmed it.....

Laurice Migneco
I suppose if you don't use the SP-6 then it might not be a problem though.
That's therefore very cool.... I wonder if the sp6 sample switches change the output of the midi through the two usbs, that would make it awesome....!

Cheers
D
Jacquie Whipp
Originally Posted by S4racen

I hope that if you midi map a button it's standard functionality is disabled like how control surfaces work with Ableton, that way my SP6 assign buttons at the top can become the Bridge Sync to Deck A and B buttons...
Unfortunately no, the Rane mods on the Serato community s already said that you can map any of the buttons/knobs, but they will still do their original function in addition to what you map it to. I suppose if you don't use the SP-6 then it might not be a problem though.
Torie Hollobaugh
RANE 61 62 68
XONE 22 32 42 62 92

I bet the 69, whoever makes it first, will suck your balls while you're at it

...or, is Rane picking up the numbers as A&H dropped them for letters
Laurice Migneco
Originally Posted by loop
BTW, the Dicers should be a good companion of the 62 too, although a little bit redundant, probably.
Yeah but i want to ditch the dicers as with a two computer set up i'd need two pairs and thats not practical....

Cheers
D
Francina Decosse
The video i've posted above says that the MIDI mapping can be used for "other than Serato" softwares. I'm not expirience with Serato, but I'm left with impression that the build-in mappins are hardcoded. Samo applies to the dicers.

BTW, the Dicers should be a good companion of the 62 too, although a little bit redundant, probably.
Laurice Migneco
Mmmmm Auto vs Manual Loop.... Looks like the size of loop roll is selected with the encoder though which isn't ideal for me being used to Dicers...

Cheers
D
Pat Chaim
Omg! I want one now!
Just debating in between the z trip or original
Francina Decosse
seems like the loop rolls are in the "Auto loop mode"

Laurice Migneco
Ok for me the sample player is a bit of a waste as i use the bridge so i'm pleased to see that i can use the third channel to route Ableton into the mix...

However unless im mistaken it's missing the loop roll feature, ive read the manual but can i remap the sample player buttons to do loop rolls instead and will this midi maping transfer across both attached laptops.... regardless my order is already in!

Cheers
D
Francina Decosse
This video reveals interesting info, like for example that the effects are stackable - you can apply the USB insert -> internal FX -> external processor and they are stacked !

other interesting features are also explained

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9XA_...ayer_embedded#!
Francina Decosse
These two mixers are the most significant products which came out of this year's NAMM, IMO. From the moment they were anounced, I've been thrilled about them.

Both are dream mixers! The 62 has all I could ever want a mixer to have. Can't find a single flow in it's design or feature set (aesthetics aside ). I miss the filter on the AUX on the 61, but besides that, it's also perfect (and better looking).

I'd definetely love to have the 62! I just can't really comprehand why it's more expensive even than the DB4 (double soundcards vs. the best fx?!?). The premium they ask for it is just not right, despite the good product it is.
Cristian Carmona
Question is what to do with my Rane 57? Keep it? Sell it & use the cash toward a 62?
Breanne Penge
Personally I believe Serato are the future.
Agreed. Serato FTW.
Audrey Pinda
I do quite like it. Though I feel like if I was going for a 62, I might just pony up for a 68 and get the 4 channel control. But I'm a fan of Rane who isn't a scratch purist, so go figure.
Karyn Horath
Ok so having seen all the videos now the design of the 62 is making much more sense. Still not for me but probably just as well since I ordered a new mixer just before NAMM!

I love the way the dual computer setup works - looks like they really nailed that part.
Verona Candia
These look like very sweet mixers, not my style though....
Tesha Freudenstein
They have XLRs on the TTM 57SL?
damn how'd i miss this i face positive that the older rane mixers only had TRS...i stand corrected.
Fe Kuchma
They have XLRs on the TTM 57SL?
Tesha Freudenstein
finally they got some XLRs on their two channel mixers (the 62 & 62z).
Fe Kuchma
This mixer will work with Traktor, Rane staff confirmed it. Personally I believe Serato are the future. New mixers, new control vinyl and new video mixing all coming this year.
Karyn Horath
There are so many things I love about Rane but when I look at the 62 (and the 68) I can't help wishing they had resisted the urge to cram so many controls on to them. The design & layout just looks horrible.

I don't understand how a company that can produce the frankly gorgeous looking MP2016 can design mixers like the 6x series with so much great technology inside that look quite so unattractive.

I suppose I should add the disclaimer that I'm not a controllerist or scratch dj (and quite a grumpy old git to boot) so I'm probably not the target market for the 6x series. I'd love to have a lot of the tech available (dual soundcards, magnetic faders etc) but can't see I'd enjoy using them for basic mixing - they just look too "fiddly".

I believe Rane would do well to look at where Allen & Heath are going with X-Link and a modular approach. Surely there is such a thing as a mixer with too many buttons?!
Lisa Lochotzki
useless screen unless you're using a telescope...

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy