geeked - just preordered a pioneer ddj sx

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: geeked - just preordered a pioneer ddj sxReply
geeked - just preordered a pioneer ddj sx
Posted on: 15.10.2012 by Rebbecca Fennell
sold my v7s, pretty psyched
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant
should add meant in software mode, and should add as i mess with it more its clearly a glitch but one they should make a feature.

and in regards to what you were saying mostapha - they should hopefully in later updates realize that does totally screw with your ability to use this as a centerpiece for software and vinyl.
curious to ask, hows it going with mixing maschine with djing? i for the life of me just cant integrate my drum machine setup with a dj setup, as far as bringing in my own written stuff it just feels more natural to render it to audio and throw it in my serato library.
It's not going yet. I've been sick and just getting over an ear infection. And I just managed to re-arrange things enough that Maschine can stay on my desk. It'd still be awkward while spinning, but it'd work.

The only thing that really worries me is whether or not I'll be happy switching b/t MIDI and Maschine modes for the controller to get at Live's tempo controls. Part of me hops that they'll release a Maschine update that gives it pitch bend buttons before I get around to it. But that would be NI doing something useful for the way people use their software as oppose to the way they pretend people use it…so I don't see it happening.
Rebbecca Fennell
in 2 channel mode, the other two channels are still fully functional.
should add meant in software mode, and should add as i mess with it more its clearly a glitch but one they should make a feature.

and in regards to what you were saying mostapha - they should hopefully in later updates realize that does totally screw with your ability to use this as a centerpiece for software and vinyl.
curious to ask, hows it going with mixing maschine with djing? i for the life of me just cant integrate my drum machine setup with a dj setup, as far as bringing in my own written stuff it just feels more natural to render it to audio and throw it in my serato library.
Dorie Scelzo
Finally got it today - fantastic.
Not really getting the complaints that it's cramped, the thing is huge, I'm 6'3" pushing 280, I'm a big dude, and really not having any trouble with accidental nudges.
Yeah…I definitely don't get that either. It's tighter than 2-channel mixers, which means it could be "cramped" to someone who's used to little tiny controllers……but even then, I really don't get it.

Enjoy, man. I believe my ear infection is starting to go away……it's been like a week since I've been able to hear out of both ears, and the thing is sitting here taunting me.
Ashanti Andreacchio
i hope i dont sound condescending, but do you have much of an audience for what you do, there?
like whats the evening life there? always lived in a big city, as mostapha said, definitely realizing i take city life for granted
Only 1 evening club in my town and 3 bars 5000 people. but in the capital their are around 7 evening clubs and more bars and somewhere around 20000 people so there are enough places to play but only friday and saturday. And on a good evening there can be up to 2-300 people. it's not bad but we also have events in larger venues. We provide lights and sound for conserts to. Actualy there are only 6 CDJ 2000's on our islands and all in my town all bought within the last 3 months. But being such a small place I need to mainly be playing mainstream dance top 40 (mostly remixes). It's def nothing like Chicago I'm sure
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by dj gullum
it in the midel of the north atlantic oacian. north of england and east from Iceland

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1046/mapfaro.jpg

so kind of in the midel of no where
Ahh. Yeah. I can see how pre-ordering would matter for you.
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by ariser
What is the sound and build quality of the mixer like ?
Feels & sounds like Pioneer to me, which is to say that the sound quality is tier 1 for DJ gear based on my limited tests and the build quality–depending on preference–is tier 3 behind A&H and boutiques (based on my preference).

It does feel solid………pretty close to modern DJM feel if not basically identical. The faders are a bit tighter than the DJMs I've used, but that could be because it's new.
Dorie Scelzo

It's not going yet. I've been sick and just getting over an ear infection. And I just managed to re-arrange things enough that Maschine can stay on my desk. It'd still be awkward while spinning, but it'd work.

The only thing that really worries me is whether or not I'll be happy switching b/t MIDI and Maschine modes for the controller to get at Live's tempo controls. Part of me hops that they'll release a Maschine update that gives it pitch bend buttons before I get around to it. But that would be NI doing something useful for the way people use their software as oppose to the way they pretend people use it…so I don't see it happening.
Rebbecca Fennell
in 2 channel mode, the other two channels are still fully functional.

Dorie Scelzo
The only thing that bugs me about it is that putting the software in 2-deck mode uses the same channels that have phono preamps……so the way I want to use it eventually (2 channels of software + 2 channels of vinyl) means I'm going to be wasting like 1/3 of my screen with decks that will never see use like that.

I believe that's a serious oversight, but in reality it probably won't matter. I'll probably end up using channels 1&2 as software/vinyl using the switches on the front, plus an input from another sound card running Maschine and a channel open for other stuff.
Rebbecca Fennell
disappointed that the soundcards inputs arent discrete, it all gets lumped into one stereo channel. ive got to stop procrastinating on getting a better soundcard for production.
i believe its interesting that in 2 channel mode, the other two channels are still fully functional. seems like one of those things some might find useful, but not notice as its not too obvious.
Dorie Scelzo
Not really getting the complaints that it's cramped, the thing is huge, I'm 6'3" pushing 280, I'm a big dude, and really not having any trouble with accidental nudges.
Yeah…I definitely don't get that either. It's tighter than 2-channel mixers, which means it could be "cramped" to someone who's used to little tiny controllers……but even then, I really don't get it.

Enjoy, man. I believe my ear infection is starting to go away……it's been like a week since I've been able to hear out of both ears, and the thing is sitting here taunting me.
Rebbecca Fennell
Kandra Fagler
I used the DDJ-SX with the Traktor Audio 6 soundcard (3 Channels) + X1 as an analog mixer and it works mighty fine!

the filters work great too on each channel!
Evelia Mcgaffin
Would love to see or hear any word on guys using TTs or CDJs with this beast.
Rebbecca Fennell
congrats, one month later im still on back order. bah.
Ashanti Andreacchio
Now A happy owner of a Pioneer DDJ SX only 1 month after I ordered it
Ashanti Andreacchio
i hope i dont sound condescending, but do you have much of an audience for what you do, there?
like whats the evening life there? always lived in a big city, as mostapha said, definitely realizing i take city life for granted
Only 1 evening club in my town and 3 bars 5000 people. but in the capital their are around 7 evening clubs and more bars and somewhere around 20000 people so there are enough places to play but only friday and saturday. And on a good evening there can be up to 2-300 people. it's not bad but we also have events in larger venues. We provide lights and sound for conserts to. Actualy there are only 6 CDJ 2000's on our islands and all in my town all bought within the last 3 months. But being such a small place I need to mainly be playing mainstream dance top 40 (mostly remixes). It's def nothing like Chicago I'm sure
Rebbecca Fennell
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by dj gullum
it in the midel of the north atlantic oacian. north of england and east from Iceland

Ahh. Yeah. I can see how pre-ordering would matter for you.
Ashanti Andreacchio

Dorie Scelzo
Where are the Faroe Islands? I guess I take living in a major city for granted sometimes.
Ashanti Andreacchio
well for me preorder was a wise thing to do I ordered mine on 15.th of october and I was sent to me 2. november and they want get more until 5. desember so if I did not pre order mine I might not have it this year.
Dorie Scelzo
Heh. I'm starting to believe pre-ordering really is a joke. When I got mine, I literally just walked into GC and paid for it. Granted, they only had like 6 in the store……but there are 4 GCs within easy driving distance of me. Would 24 people want them on the morning they came out? Apparently not.
Danelle Kaumans
Anybody order from AMS (Americal Musical Supply)? I'm still waiting for my pre-order...
Ashanti Andreacchio
Got shipment confimation mail from thomann.de toevening so I should have it before next weekend I so fraking exited just hope it wan't destroy my focus on my gig toevening :P
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by ariser
Feels & sounds like Pioneer to me, which is to say that the sound quality is tier 1 for DJ gear based on my limited tests and the build quality–depending on preference–is tier 3 behind A&H and boutiques (based on my preference).

It does feel solid………pretty close to modern DJM feel if not basically identical. The faders are a bit tighter than the DJMs I've used, but that could be because it's new.
Shala Wohletz
Carlo Pollastrini
Originally Posted by DJZILCH
got the Serato DJ software!!!

testing it out now with the DDJ SX
Cool! please post a review!
Kandra Fagler
got the Serato DJ software!!!

testing it out now with the DDJ SX
Rebbecca Fennell
its my saturday, i was really hoping the site i bought it from would have sent it out today, so i could spend my sunday with it. oh well.
Trista Karle
Will it support midi clock is my big question but have to wait till ns6 version is released would be the cats ass if even sent midi clock data and quant would be a feature but I have got so used to not having it I would feel guilty using quant even when in traktor feel like I'm cheating with it on lol sorry for thread jacking
Dorie Scelzo
look who's got theirs already - ME!!

http://instagram.com/p/RaD3yInqj-/
The GCs in my area have them sitting in their warehouses, but they're not allowed to sell them until the 1st……probably because there's no software for them yet.

I'm probably going to pick one up on Thursday. If they don't sell out before I manage to get there. And if they do, whatever.
Ashanti Andreacchio

look how is jelouse ---> me
Kandra Fagler
Originally Posted by jprime
How's the software then?
the software is not available until nov 1st

that sucks!

the cd that it comes with has nothing inside, only some windows drivers and some links - to a pioneer website that doesnt exist yet

I even got a serato video voucher that cant be validated yet coz the website is non existant lol

i guess i'll have to wait till 1st november
Breanne Penge
How's the software then?
Kandra Fagler

Rebbecca Fennell
Originally Posted by haze324
I would cancel. Veterans Day is coming up on 12 Nov, Guitar Center always runs specials for these long weekends. Chances are you could pick it up in store at a good price that weekend.
While a good point I won't be doing that, the site I buy from has a "5 easy payments" plan
Julissa Serrone
The website I bought it from pushed shipping back to the 30th. Bah humbug.
I would cancel. Veterans Day is coming up on 12 Nov, Guitar Center always runs specials for these long weekends. Chances are you could pick it up in store at a good price that weekend.
Rebbecca Fennell
The website I bought it from pushed shipping back to the 30th. Bah humbug.
Breanne Penge
I'm pretty psyched to hear/read some reviews on the software/hardware once it's all out in the public.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy