New VCI-400 EGE Bundle

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: New VCI-400 EGE BundleReply
New VCI-400 EGE Bundle
Posted on: 07.04.2012 by Laurene Oleszkowicz
Does anyone else feel like they were punished for buying the 400 EGE early ($1099) as it is now available in a bundle with a bag for $1079?

This makes me feel a little cheated for being one of the first. It doesn't seem right to me.
Tobi Rabuse
Originally Posted by T.E.O
before i say anything, im not trying to start a fight or anything on here, just expressing my opinion and i agree with some of what you said.

and funny you said about the mbp problem, im not sure how it is out side of usa but my friend had that exactly same problem, bought brand new mbp and 1 week later it went on sale for 100 dollars less with better specs, he went straight back to the Apple store and they gave him the newer mbp and the 100 dollars back, most store here in the us, withen 30-45 days period you can do whats all an "adjustment" like i said above. its just better marketing to give the early buyer what they deserve to keep their business later down the road. now im not saying DJTT "had" to do that they did by giving the bag but its just good business ethic and marketing cause now those earlier buyer (like me) will do it again by buying early.
Touche`.
Olive Flick
Originally Posted by FILTHZ
I don't mean to be rude, but the whole point of a deal is that you don't know when it is going to come out, it just comes out to make people buy on impulse. And usually it is only there for a limited time.

I.E. I bought my MBP 13" at JB HIFI in Australia for $1360... The week after I could have gotten it for $1278.

They're not going to give me $82 back if I go in there and say, "Hey, I bought this MBP last week and this week you had a better deal, can I return this and get the better deal or just have $82 back."

I know you guys all got what you wanted in the end, but TBH I don't believe DJTT should have been responsible for this.

EDIT: I put this in the nicest way possible. Sorry if it is insulting, but that's just how I feel. I believe you guys are getting more than you deserve and are a little bit greedy... Ever heard of a little Industry Tool called Marketing?
before i say anything, im not trying to start a fight or anything on here, just expressing my opinion and i agree with some of what you said.

and funny you said about the mbp problem, im not sure how it is out side of usa but my friend had that exactly same problem, bought brand new mbp and 1 week later it went on sale for 100 dollars less with better specs, he went straight back to the Apple store and they gave him the newer mbp and the 100 dollars back, most store here in the us, withen 30-45 days period you can do whats all an "adjustment" like i said above. its just better marketing to give the early buyer what they deserve to keep their business later down the road. now im not saying DJTT "had" to do that they did by giving the bag but its just good business ethic and marketing cause now those earlier buyer (like me) will do it again by buying early.
Olive Flick
Originally Posted by Bhajan
Absolutely. You guys are lucky you got anything. This is how marketing works. Why do you believe it should be different here? You wanna be the first to own something awesome and fresh off the production line? Well than you're damn well gonna pay top dollar for it. EVERYTHING IS MARKETED THIS WAY. It hits stores. Shortly thereafter, the price drops. You guys believe Sony reimbursed a single person who went out and bought a PS3 on release day? Hell to the NO! I can't believe DJTT gave ya'll anything at all. All the same, they get mad, and I do mean MAD props for doing so. NO ONE else would have gave a shyte. Cuz' as I said, marketing. That's how it's done across the board. Period.
i somewhat agree with what you said here but also disagree on some, not trying to make an argument out of this but usually if you buy something from the store and withen a 30-45 days period, if it goes on sale you can bring it back and get it "adjusted" and you can get some cash back for whatever the sale is, its just good ethics for store to do that so i can keep the customer and make sure they return next time, most people just get mad on here because they paid for weeks in advance and only 6 weeks later to find out they paid alot more for less. but with that being said, i can almost guarantee that with the next big release of anything on DJTT, everyone that would buy first will wait cause everyone want to save a buck or two lol anyways enough with my rant, i LOVE my 400EGE and the bag! super awesome controller! cant wait for more map update and see what Ean will incorporate into this amazing machine
Brenna Welbes
Originally Posted by itzsaga
For all those who believe what DJTT did isn't enough we all know that early adopters take risks. Think of all the iPhone buyers who've gotten burned in the past. It's a risk we take to be the first. The beta testers. We know this. However, we want to be the first ones to have the item. DJTT did a great thing by making the offer retroactive even if in the end we spent a few dollars more. I personally thank DJTT for what they did.
Absolutely. You guys are lucky you got anything. This is how marketing works. Why do you believe it should be different here? You wanna be the first to own something awesome and fresh off the production line? Well than you're damn well gonna pay top dollar for it. EVERYTHING IS MARKETED THIS WAY. It hits stores. Shortly thereafter, the price drops. You guys believe Sony reimbursed a single person who went out and bought a PS3 on release day? Hell to the NO! I can't believe DJTT gave ya'll anything at all. All the same, they get mad, and I do mean MAD props for doing so. NO ONE else would have gave a shyte. Cuz' as I said, marketing. That's how it's done across the board. Period.
Bessie Larr
Originally Posted by kelsey7k
got my mono bag today! dope!
UPS said mine was delivered today. Can't wait to get home!
Fady Soliman
Originally Posted by schmerg
Alright, I'm getting nervous now. I still haven't received any kind of email regarding this special deal for us early buyers. I've emailed support and I've yet to hear back from them.

Edit: Just got an email from DJTT about the Mono bag offer, placed my order, and am now once again a happy, satisfied customer.
Don't worry I just got a second email because the first one went to my junk folder and I emailed them about so I'm sure you will get it.
Fady Soliman
Originally Posted by kamjongill
ooo, that would suck if they don't let you redeem...
Yes I ordered just before the time ran out!!! LOL
Olive Flick
Yea I agree, everyone feels a little cheated, but you can't say a $200 bag isn't a good deal. At least they were generous enough to compensate us, they could have said too bad and done nothing.
lol well honestly, i feel like the people who preordered should be the one getting tons of gifts not the one that waited cause we're the one that say we completely trust them with the product, and they know that if they dont compensate us with a bag the next preordered of controller would not succeed. but than again im happy that we're getting the bag and who knows untill we get the bag they might included something to supprise us? haha im just excited to get the bag!
Xiomara Woolworth
Originally Posted by Artimus
I appreciate DJTT 's effort in sending out the bag, however, we still paid $25 more for the VCI 400, we paid shipping (I don't recall how much this was), we don't get the $16 usb cable and we had to pay additional shipping for the bag to be sent($10-$22 depending on shipping options). The lesson to be learned here is not to be the first to jump on their "limited edition" products since that label is nothing more than a marketing strategy, a pretty good one but not a fair one for loyal customers. I am on the list for the midi fighter 3d but after this whole thing, I'm going to wait, if it saves me $100 it's well worth the wait. Like I said, I do appreciate the effort in offering the bag but it doesn't do enough, I feel as if ordering early was a waste of time and money and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, which is too bad because I actually really like the site. eh...lesson learned.
dude they gave $200 bags to everyone who bought a vci400... believe about what that did to their profit margins. they didnt HAVE to do anything. most companies wouldn't.
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by groovemixer
Mine went to my junk email! I'm an idiot and forgot to check!!
Tobi Rabuse

Touche`.
Olive Flick
Originally Posted by FILTHZ
I don't mean to be rude, but the whole point of a deal is that you don't know when it is going to come out, it just comes out to make people buy on impulse. And usually it is only there for a limited time.

I.E. I bought my MBP 13" at JB HIFI in Australia for $1360... The week after I could have gotten it for $1278.

They're not going to give me $82 back if I go in there and say, "Hey, I bought this MBP last week and this week you had a better deal, can I return this and get the better deal or just have $82 back."

I know you guys all got what you wanted in the end, but TBH I don't believe DJTT should have been responsible for this.

EDIT: I put this in the nicest way possible. Sorry if it is insulting, but that's just how I feel. I believe you guys are getting more than you deserve and are a little bit greedy... Ever heard of a little Industry Tool called Marketing?

Tobi Rabuse

Olive Flick
Originally Posted by Bhajan
i somewhat agree with what you said here but also disagree on some, not trying to make an argument out of this but usually if you buy something from the store and withen a 30-45 days period, if it goes on sale you can bring it back and get it "adjusted" and you can get some cash back for whatever the sale is, its just good ethics for store to do that so i can keep the customer and make sure they return next time, most people just get mad on here because they paid for weeks in advance and only 6 weeks later to find out they paid alot more for less. but with that being said, i can almost guarantee that with the next big release of anything on DJTT, everyone that would buy first will wait cause everyone want to save a buck or two lol anyways enough with my rant, i LOVE my 400EGE and the bag! super awesome controller! cant wait for more map update and see what Ean will incorporate into this amazing machine
Brenna Welbes
Originally Posted by itzsaga
For all those who believe what DJTT did isn't enough we all know that early adopters take risks. Think of all the iPhone buyers who've gotten burned in the past. It's a risk we take to be the first. The beta testers. We know this. However, we want to be the first ones to have the item. DJTT did a great thing by making the offer retroactive even if in the end we spent a few dollars more. I personally thank DJTT for what they did.
Tillie Sliman
The bag is really nice, too bad I believe I'm going to be selling my 400 EGE, not enough time to use it AND my main setup BUT, next time DJTT releases something dope, I'll be first in line!
Fady Soliman
Mine should be here 2morrow!
Bessie Larr
Originally Posted by kelsey7k
UPS said mine was delivered today. Can't wait to get home!
Glynis Mangona
Garrett Blachford
For those that are complaining about DJTT's offer to pre-buyers, one word: Gratitude.

Again, I would like to thank Ean and the DJTT staff for the free gifts to their early VCI-400 customers.
Bessie Larr
Fady Soliman
Alright, I'm getting nervous now. I still haven't received any kind of email regarding this special deal for us early buyers. I've emailed support and I've yet to hear back from them.

Edit: Just got an email from DJTT about the Mono bag offer, placed my order, and am now once again a happy, satisfied customer.
Don't worry I just got a second email because the first one went to my junk folder and I emailed them about so I'm sure you will get it.
Tamara Mountain

Fady Soliman
Yes I ordered just before the time ran out!!! LOL
Olive Flick
Yea I agree, everyone feels a little cheated, but you can't say a $200 bag isn't a good deal. At least they were generous enough to compensate us, they could have said too bad and done nothing.
lol well honestly, i feel like the people who preordered should be the one getting tons of gifts not the one that waited cause we're the one that say we completely trust them with the product, and they know that if they dont compensate us with a bag the next preordered of controller would not succeed. but than again im happy that we're getting the bag and who knows untill we get the bag they might included something to supprise us? haha im just excited to get the bag!
Xiomara Woolworth
I appreciate DJTT 's effort in sending out the bag, however, we still paid $25 more for the VCI 400, we paid shipping (I don't recall how much this was), we don't get the $16 usb cable and we had to pay additional shipping for the bag to be sent($10-$22 depending on shipping options). The lesson to be learned here is not to be the first to jump on their "limited edition" products since that label is nothing more than a marketing strategy, a pretty good one but not a fair one for loyal customers. I am on the list for the midi fighter 3d but after this whole thing, I'm going to wait, if it saves me $100 it's well worth the wait. Like I said, I do appreciate the effort in offering the bag but it doesn't do enough, I feel as if ordering early was a waste of time and money and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, which is too bad because I actually really like the site. eh...lesson learned.
dude they gave $200 bags to everyone who bought a vci400... believe about what that did to their profit margins. they didnt HAVE to do anything. most companies wouldn't.
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by groovemixer
Fady Soliman
Carey Leid
Is anyone else still waiting on an email?
contact customer support, because I know my code expired toevening , so, you might want to look into that.
Tamara Mountain
Is anyone else still waiting on an email?
Carey Leid
i feel what youre saying and i wouldnt completely agree if it wasnt only what like 6 weeks since i got mine and a sale already going on? i mean if this was like a year later than i wouldnt feel so cheated but w.e i guess getting a bag is better nothing and i mean if they supprise us with a cable that would be awesome but hey gotta look on the bright side of things sometimes.
Olive Flick
i feel what youre saying and i wouldnt completely agree if it wasnt only what like 6 weeks since i got mine and a sale already going on? i mean if this was like a year later than i wouldnt feel so cheated but w.e i guess getting a bag is better nothing and i mean if they supprise us with a cable that would be awesome but hey gotta look on the bright side of things sometimes.
Amy Grygiel
Carey Leid
i agree with this, might as well give us the USB cord and some awsome stickers cause after all, we paid 20 dollars more and also shipping if i remember right? lol
yes indeed we did.
Olive Flick
i agree with this, might as well give us the USB cord and some awsome stickers cause after all, we paid 20 dollars more and also shipping if i remember right? lol
Carey Leid
Well damn, I just ordered it and got a cord anyways, along with some knobs and faders to celebrate djtt's awesomeness, maybe they'll give me both cables
Laurene Oleszkowicz
Thanks to DJTT and their staff for being considerate of their customers. I didn't believe that a small shop built by DJs for DJs would lose sight of their loyal customers, but I trust they understand the indignation felt by us all.

As an aside, I checked the status of my order and it seems that they did, in fact, throw in a USB cable!
Dusti Huether
DJTT: Awesome work!

Can I just say DJTT, your offer is greatly appreciated. For a company such as yours to turn around make such a generous offer to the existing community based on feedback, when you were simply trying to move some more units - Amazing!
Bessie Larr
With a heavy weekend workload I just saw this thread. Thanks DJTT! I as well received the e-mail earlier today. The USB cord would be cool to throw inside the bag. Open box, open bag, SURPRISE! USB cord and stickers. Always stickers.
Emanuel Kepics
No Blue USB cord ...
Given the generosity of the DJJT bonus offer, I'm going to buy a few and get them thrown into the package to take advantage of free shipping.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy