DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)Reply
DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)
Posted on: 09.03.2012 by Jodi Lacerra
This is to be used as the official thread for the DJ Techtools VCI-400SE Ean Golden Edition mapping for Traktor Pro 2. TO use this mapping, please make sure to be running at least TPro2 version 2.1 or greater to avoid any unexpected issues. The mapping was tested and created on TPro2 v2.1.2.

PLEASE NOTE: The VCI-400SE (Ean Golden Edition) has DJ Techtools custom firmware on the controller so this mapping WILL NOT function correctly as expected with regular VCI-400 units.

After downloading the mapping, you will need to Import the mapping into Traktor using the large "Import" button on the bottom left of the Preferences section (note that using this large Import button will overwrite all other loaded mappings, so please export your current settings first if you want to back them up).

If it is the first time importing this mapping, you will want to go through the Import process twice due to an infamous Traktor bug where the Effect settings do not load properly on the first Import. You can verify if the effect settings loaded correctly by trying the "Gratify" effects or any of the "JogFX" and ensuring that the proper effects load (this can be checked with the Summary pdf as the expected effects are listed in there).

After importing the mapping, you will want to go into the Controller Manager of Traktor's Preferences, select the DJTT VCI-400SE mapping in the "Device" listbox and make sure your In-Port and Out-Port are set correctly. "All Ports" is ok to keep if this is the only controller you have plugged into your computer. Otherwise, you may want to set the In-Port and Out-Port specifically to the VCI-400 to avoid any potentially Midi confusion between mappings.

Note: The mapping and pdf summary should have been sent in your Shipping confirmation email; however, in the case you did not receive it, I have reposted the tsi and pdf summary to this thread.

Should you find any bugs or have any questions regarding the mapping, please use this community thread to post your comments. Thanks!

DJTT VCI-400_TSI_v1.1.1.tsi
DJTT VCI400SE Mapping Summary.pdf

NOTE: There will be a tutorial video for this mapping early next week. We have to refilm now because our media got corrupted. We will also likely shoot a setup video too.

For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor. This will properly set the tempo range to +-8% (instead of 0% to 16%). This occurs because the default Tempo command is a relative command with a total range of 16%. Shift+ the Tempo fader is a direct Tempo fader command with a range of +-50%. This range can be changed in the Transport section of Preferences.

UPDATE: See below for the VCI-400SE Mapping Tutorial Video I did recently. Hope it helps!
Pablo Lazarczyk
Is anyone else having a problem where when using shift and the tempo fader on deck A, not only does it change the tempo for deck A but also controls the volume for deck B? On top of that, the volume fader on deck A starts a song on deck B when you slide the fader upwards from the off position. Any ideas on why this might be happening, and/or what I could do to resolve these issues within the mapping?
Emmanuel Valmont
Hey does anyone know how to delete samples from the sample deck? or have a sample stop instead of muting? Was this even included? I sure hope so!
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by davidvizion
so the mapping will not work with the regular vci 400 I would need the firmware from the SE, is there a way to get it??
Yes, you would need to get the SE/Ean Golden Edition firmware loaded on a regular VCI-400 in order for this mapping to work properly. There is currently no offered method to upgrade the firmware but we are looking into this as an option for the future.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Skerrplunk
I was having issues getting my jogs to work right, but I loosened them and turned the jog sensitivity knobs ALMOST all of the way up. ***For some reason on mine, If I turn them all of the way up (to the right), the decks don't work at all and won't play.... but if I turn the knobs slightly to the left then they work well.
This is because when the sensitivity knobs are turned all the way to the right it increases the sensitivity of the jog wheels to the point where they believe they are always being touched. Conversely, if they are all the way to the left they will never acknowledge touching the jog wheel normally as the sensitivity is then extremely low.

The jog fx are great and vinyl mode is working for me now... however, for some reason when I load a new track into Deck B it loads with the delay freeze turned on and I have to manually turn it off before I can hear the track. It's like the jog fx get stuck on somehow. I've toggled the buttons, pressed/released the platter, etc. but can't seem to troubleshoot why that is happening.

Has anyone else had any issues with a new track being loaded but Traktor applying a delay freeze so it is muted?
I have never had this issue in live use or testing. Please see if you can consistently reproduce the issue and if you can, send me a PM or an email regarding the issue. This should not be happening.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Slamboogie
My pitch control is very limited, is there a way to regain my pitch control back to it's normal standard +/- 8%? Thank you.
The mapping is based on the Tempo Range being set to 50%. This allows a +8/-8 relative range for the default Tempo fader and a +-50% range for the direct (Shift+Tempo fader command). If you change the Tempo range within Traktor's Preferences you can alter this.

If you want to change these to be different ranges, you will then want to make a combination of changes to the Tempo Range setting and also to the sensitivity rates for the "Tempo Fader" commands in the mapping. The sensitivities in the Tempo mapping lines dictate how much of the set Tempo Range is controlled.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by CryderSteez
I have the same issue with the JogFX, I only had about 30 min to play around with it though everything else seems to be running smoothly except cuing doesn't produce any sound in my phones, but that might just be routing. Also, does the output volume seem low to anyone else? I turn it up on the VCI and both it and Traktor say it's clipping, though that doesn't really mean anything from a gain staging perspective...
Something that may not be initially obvious is that the Cue Level knob doesn't actually control the Cue Level within Traktor. It controls the outputted level from the device. So, you will need to set the Cue Level to a reasonable amount within Traktor and then you can use the Cue Level knob to control the gain of that output. I've found that when set correctly, the headphone level is adequately loud (at max it is way too loud for my ears).
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by sidetrakd
The vinyl mode doesn't work for me either, Touching the jogwheel stops the deck but then the jogwheel doesn't do anything
As mentioned, the "Vinyl" mode activates the Scratch command on the Jogs (indicated by when the Vinyl LED is lit). When Vinyl is off the Jog wheels will act similar to CD-Js and will only pitch bend the track.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by photojojo
is there anything with the firmware that will hinder me from remapping things like the effects? I don't use beatmasher and have a few go to effects combos that I like to use.
No, there should be no major hinderances to editing the mapping. I would recommend editing the commands already in the mapping (rather than adding new ones and re-learning) to change the set effects and rates as the Midi commands in a few sections are a little confusing and if you just use "learn" it should work but it won't necessarily select the ideal midi command.
Jodi Lacerra
I am having issues getting my jog wheels to work. The jogfx are definitely messed up. When I turn them I can see which effects they are controlling/changing but the effects groups aren't turning on. If I toggle the vinyl button on/off that seems to turn them on/off sometimes. Is this supposed to happen? None of the jogfx are working right. For example, the echo definitely doesn't toggle on/off the echo freeze when pressing and releasing the jog.

Also, should I be able to scratch and/or seek forward and backward in a track by spinning the jogwheels? Because mine definitely aren't working properly if so. I've tried loosening them but that hasn't helped.
As someone already mentioned, the issue with getting the JogFX to turn the effects on or getting the jog wheels to scratch normally have to do with the the sensitivity of the Jog Wheel touch sensors. There are two knobs to control the touch sensitivity on the left front section of the unit.

I found that I like mine very sensitive so I go to the point when the sensor believes you are touching the jog wheel (which usually also changes the led under the jog wheel to red) and then reduce the sensitivity just a bit. Otherwise I did find a few occasions when the touch sensor wouldn't notice if I touched the jog wheel lightly and quickly.

As for the Vinyl button, this is just changing the jog wheels from scratching to simply pitch bending. So if you press the Vinyl button such that the LED is off, that means the jog wheels will not scratch (which can be helpful in bass heavy situations if it makes your jog wheels shake). JogFX will still work with the Vinyl mode on or off.
Dagmar Oblock
so the mapping will not work with the regular vci 400 I would need the firmware from the SE, is there a way to get it??
Merry Piesik
I was having issues getting my jogs to work right, but I loosened them and turned the jog sensitivity knobs ALMOST all of the way up. ***For some reason on mine, If I turn them all of the way up (to the right), the decks don't work at all and won't play.... but if I turn the knobs slightly to the left then they work well.

The jog fx are great and vinyl mode is working for me now... however, for some reason when I load a new track into Deck B it loads with the delay freeze turned on and I have to manually turn it off before I can hear the track. It's like the jog fx get stuck on somehow. I've toggled the buttons, pressed/released the platter, etc. but can't seem to troubleshoot why that is happening.

Has anyone else had any issues with a new track being loaded but Traktor applying a delay freeze so it is muted?
Karen Riedman
Got my VCI-400/Golden today. I had very low headphone output. In traktor I noticed the volume know on the vci did not turn the volume knob in traktor. Manual turn the volume in traktor up as a master, then us the vci to control your levels. Almost blow the headphones off my head. Damn loud now!

I can get scratch/jog wheel to work yet.
Taina Draffin
My pitch control is very limited, is there a way to regain my pitch control back to it's normal standard +/- 8%? Thank you.
robin loo
Originally Posted by basicz
i tried dl'ing this on a mac, but it saves as a .xml format so i can't import it onto traktor...any help please. thanks.
no problems here.. try right click save as.. it's definitely a tsi
Penelope Coughenour
i tried dl'ing this on a mac, but it saves as a .xml format so i can't import it onto traktor...any help please. thanks.
Tillie Sliman
I have the same issue with the JogFX, I only had about 30 min to play around with it though everything else seems to be running smoothly except cuing doesn't produce any sound in my phones, but that might just be routing. Also, does the output volume seem low to anyone else? I turn it up on the VCI and both it and Traktor say it's clipping, though that doesn't really mean anything from a gain staging perspective...
Hunter Renslow
I am having issues getting my jog wheels to work. The jogfx are definitely messed up. When I turn them I can see which effects they are controlling/changing but the effects groups aren't turning on.
Try adjusting your jog sensitivity

The vinyl mode doesn't work for me either, Touching the jogwheel stops the deck but then the jogwheel doesn't do anything
Leeanna Ayla
is there anything with the firmware that will hinder me from remapping things like the effects? I don't use beatmasher and have a few go to effects combos that I like to use.
Merry Piesik
I am having issues getting my jog wheels to work. The jogfx are definitely messed up. When I turn them I can see which effects they are controlling/changing but the effects groups aren't turning on. If I toggle the vinyl button on/off that seems to turn them on/off sometimes. Is this supposed to happen? None of the jogfx are working right. For example, the echo definitely doesn't toggle on/off the echo freeze when pressing and releasing the jog.

Also, should I be able to scratch and/or seek forward and backward in a track by spinning the jogwheels? Because mine definitely aren't working properly if so. I've tried loosening them but that hasn't helped.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this unit but this is driving me nuts. Once I get these jogs working properly I will be ecstatic.

If anyone can tell me what I should do I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
robin loo
unfortunately only few controls work with normal units and they are partly messed up too

EQs, Gain, volume fader, filter
browse knob (toggle window does not work), load, sync
fx select
fx section (one minute they worked, then i changed something now they dont)
loop recorder (PFL buttons get selected too though)
play, cue
Loopmove/length encoder section (setting loop does not work)

the rest is really messed up..
Andra Demin
awsome! thx!
Doug Matava
tried it on the normal vci400. Did not work
robin loo
Originally Posted by flashflooder
I have not had a chance to test this on a normal unit yet and don't know exactly how the Midi data differs between the normal and SE models. I will try to investigate this in the future if I have time but I figure you and others will probably report on it before then.
ok. thanks

would be nice though to know the changes the EG fw does..
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
is there any info on how the mapping works non EG-vci400s? surely the hardcoded slicer wont work, but what else?
I have not had a chance to test this on a normal unit yet and don't know exactly how the Midi data differs between the normal and SE models. I will try to investigate this in the future if I have time but I figure you and others will probably report on it before then.
robin loo
nice cant wait to test it on my (unfortunately still normal) unit.

is there any info on how the mapping works non EG-vci400s? surely the hardcoded slicer wont work, but what else?
hopefully it works somehow! looking forward to the upgrade kit though

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy