DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)Reply
DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)
Posted on: 09.03.2012 by Jodi Lacerra
This is to be used as the official thread for the DJ Techtools VCI-400SE Ean Golden Edition mapping for Traktor Pro 2. TO use this mapping, please make sure to be running at least TPro2 version 2.1 or greater to avoid any unexpected issues. The mapping was tested and created on TPro2 v2.1.2.

PLEASE NOTE: The VCI-400SE (Ean Golden Edition) has DJ Techtools custom firmware on the controller so this mapping WILL NOT function correctly as expected with regular VCI-400 units.

After downloading the mapping, you will need to Import the mapping into Traktor using the large "Import" button on the bottom left of the Preferences section (note that using this large Import button will overwrite all other loaded mappings, so please export your current settings first if you want to back them up).

If it is the first time importing this mapping, you will want to go through the Import process twice due to an infamous Traktor bug where the Effect settings do not load properly on the first Import. You can verify if the effect settings loaded correctly by trying the "Gratify" effects or any of the "JogFX" and ensuring that the proper effects load (this can be checked with the Summary pdf as the expected effects are listed in there).

After importing the mapping, you will want to go into the Controller Manager of Traktor's Preferences, select the DJTT VCI-400SE mapping in the "Device" listbox and make sure your In-Port and Out-Port are set correctly. "All Ports" is ok to keep if this is the only controller you have plugged into your computer. Otherwise, you may want to set the In-Port and Out-Port specifically to the VCI-400 to avoid any potentially Midi confusion between mappings.

Note: The mapping and pdf summary should have been sent in your Shipping confirmation email; however, in the case you did not receive it, I have reposted the tsi and pdf summary to this thread.

Should you find any bugs or have any questions regarding the mapping, please use this community thread to post your comments. Thanks!

DJTT VCI-400_TSI_v1.1.1.tsi
DJTT VCI400SE Mapping Summary.pdf

NOTE: There will be a tutorial video for this mapping early next week. We have to refilm now because our media got corrupted. We will also likely shoot a setup video too.

For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor. This will properly set the tempo range to +-8% (instead of 0% to 16%). This occurs because the default Tempo command is a relative command with a total range of 16%. Shift+ the Tempo fader is a direct Tempo fader command with a range of +-50%. This range can be changed in the Transport section of Preferences.

UPDATE: See below for the VCI-400SE Mapping Tutorial Video I did recently. Hope it helps!
Renae Stolk
yes
Renae Stolk
anyone have intermittent problems?
Twyla Tornabene
Does anyone have scratching/seeking on their job wheels working properly?
Xiomara Woolworth
i saw another suggestion that was interesting. using shift + the sample volumes to control the individual filter. it seems that the SHIFT button is not used as much on the vci-400 ege than on the s4. all i really want are the core function of the s4's shift button on the vci-400. ean designed the s4 shoulda known to include those functions. hopefully an upgrade comes out soon till then im still happy!
Xiomara Woolworth
3000? try 1500. you can get the air with a solid state drive 4gs of ram and the upgraded processor for 1400 shipped.
Taina Draffin
Tempo pitch fader no feedback between TP2 and VCI 400EG controller unit.

Thanks for the link but my issue is not that simple. My problem with the VCI 400 EGE is that there are no "feedback" between Traktor Pro 2 software and the controller "tempo" pitch fader. For example, deck A is playing and then as I mix Deck B over. The tempo pitch fader is at +4%. Now here is where all the problem start. I then load a new track on Deck A and my "tempo" pitch fader on the controller is still at the +4% positon...HOWEVER, the "tempo" pitch control on Traktor Pro 2 is not back at "zero" so now TP2 and the VCI 400 EGE controller's "tempo" pitch control does not match up which is causing a huge havoc for me. Not to mention, posing a huge problem for live DJ performance. I actually have this verified by another DJ (DJ Hapa) and he was stuck and couldn't help me resolve this issue. Please help if anyone has a solution to this MIDI mapping so there are constant feedback between the Traktor Pro 2 software "Tempo" pitch fader and the VCI 400 EG controller "Tempo" pitch fader. Is this normal on all controller or just a unique issue with the VCI 400 EG edition?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Dusti Huether
Had the VCI EGE for a couple of weeks now, great job with the mapping. Hope a future update may include:

Originally Posted by joesdomingo
1. shift + sample buttons = resets sample, hit twice and the sample spot is cleared
2. shift + play = restart track
3. shift + sync = makes track master
Shift + Load = Unload Deck\All Samples

Shift + Grid Mode = Traktor 'slip mode' (Pioneer\Itch feature) : http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=96236
This would:
a. copy deck A to C or B to D
b. mute C or D
c. standard Grid Mode (ie loop and allow mash-up)
When Grid Mode is disengaged
d. copy deck C to A or D to B
This allows the track to keep playing in the background as if the loop was never set.. hope this makes sense?
Twyla Tornabene
IS 'SNAP' BOUND TO ANY KEY COMBINATION?

A list of all bindings would be EXTREMELY helpful, why wouldn't DJTT include this with the mapping documentation?
Twyla Tornabene
EFFECT ON WHEN PRESSING BUTTON DOWN (NOT RELEASE)

Id like the JogFX buttons to turn the effects on upon pressing the button DOWN. As of now, it only turns on the effect when I RELEASE the button. Does anyone know how to change this?
Twyla Tornabene
STILL NO SCRATCH

I'm having the same problem others were mentioning in this thread about the jog wheels not scratching or seeking. I am using version 2.12. I've added in the Scratch command to Deck A just like the photo posted. Switched back & forth between vinyl mode. Still it only verrrrrry slowly moves the track, Ive played with the acceleration values as well and there's no differerence. I realize I can use Shift+Jog to seek REALLY fast but what happed to the scratch/seek ? Isnt that one of the most obvious features of having jog wheels?
robin loo
Originally Posted by Kainos
You couldn't get the DJTT mapping to work on a regular VCI-400? I understand the slicer effect probably won't work right due to the firmware upgrade, but how about the rest of the mapping?
Not working.. There are some posts about this at the first page of this thread i believe..

We just have to wait for the upgrade kit
Heike Decroix
Originally Posted by Sarah148
tried it on the normal vci400. Did not work
You couldn't get the DJTT mapping to work on a regular VCI-400? I understand the slicer effect probably won't work right due to the firmware upgrade, but how about the rest of the mapping?
Donella Bentch
With the label you're flexible on the standard device. In addition, they can be read better.
Many functions can also map to the standard device such as the jog FX's. Furthermore, you can use 4 decks if you like.
With firmware updates you are always on the safe side.
I believe if you do not need the very special features, you
Heike Decroix
How adaptable is the VCI-400 EG to future mapping, as far as labels go. I see there some removable sections (templates), but there are others, such as loop move/active loop/loop length sections that don't appear to be on the template. Are these labels removable if the mapping changes much in the future, or are they permanent? It was easier with the VCI-100s when a whole new overlay was placed with new mapping. Does the VCI-400 have the same flexibility or are some of the labels there for the life of the controller?

Also, it is likely there will be new firmware in the future. Anyone heard of a guarantee that buyers of the EG edition will receive free firmware upgrades in the future? Still trying to decide between the EG or Standard controller.
Carola Wyllys
08ZidBQ__ey-_-vestax-vci-400-nonagon-performance-templ.jpg

- quick question about the 400
from videos i notice red and orangish LEDs on your videos.
Other posted videos of VCI have shown a green layer of buttons

My question: how many different colour LEDs are under the pads in total and what are they. Also does your mapping utilize the entire selection?

thanks
Shu Dietiker
Hey ya'll again

I have set the tempo range to 100% so i can set from 0 to 300+ bpm on every deck using the pitch faders but it doesnt seem to work... seem to only go a range of +/- 10bpm .... why's that?

also having volume problems. seems to be between 10-20 dB less in the master than other mixers although the master and gain is on the max... any ideas or am i the only one?
Petio Petev
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
go to preferences --> controller manager --> the MFpro mapping. in the upper right corner there are IN and OUT ports, select them accordingly to the mapping/controller.

here's a pic from traktor bible

http://www.traktorbible.com/en/tutorial12_2.aspx
Huge thanks that worked a treat... I am one very happy man!

Thought I was going to have to ditch my MF pro
robin loo
Originally Posted by jimmymac
Ahh no how do i do that any help much appreciated as I must have missed that instruction?
go to preferences --> controller manager --> the MFpro mapping. in the upper right corner there are IN and OUT ports, select them accordingly to the mapping/controller.

here's a pic from traktor bible

http://www.traktorbible.com/en/tutorial12_2.aspx
Sandee Ziehmer
check your output routing. set it to internal
Perfect! I thought it had to be something simple... Thanks.
Kathie Hajek
I received the unit (2) weeks ago, and I have been playing with the audio settings on my Lenovo Y560 and I get snap crackle pop noises on my recordings and while playing. I have win 7 64 bit home edition with quad core and 8GB of ram. I am using DPC latency check and so far there are no issues. I have played with all the Vestax audio buffer and latency settings, and nothing fixes this problem. I am not prepare to drop $3,000.00 for a Macbook pro. I am returning the unit for a refund (even though I love the creativity of this unit.
Petio Petev
Ahh no how do i do that any help much appreciated as I must have missed that instruction?

that doesnt sound good..

did you make sure to select the correct in and out ports in the mappings?
Shu Dietiker
I'm still not sure why I would use the slicer... more fx would def. be cool
also havent figured out how to preview a track although most of the time i actually do load it and unload it (habit form cds) from a deck but the preview is still awesome at times to use...
robin loo
Just got round to plugging in the midi fighter pro beatmasher along side the vci400 ege, mainly to get a dedicated echo freeze, but the two will not function together full stop. When using jog fx soon as u touch the jog wheel the pitch rises with every twist of the jog wheel I tried all ways of importing both mappings but to no avail. My 128bpm song rose to 190bpm with a just a few jog rotations, if i delete the mfp mapping the problem disappears. (i used the 4 deck focus beatmasher mapping)

Really Disappointed I can't use them both together, these are two flagship djtt products you would expect they would.

The dedicated echo freeze will work though with any of the the jog fx applied which is promising for a future mapping for a dedicated echo freeze for the vci400ege.
that doesnt sound good..

did you make sure to select the correct in and out ports in the mappings?
Kayhan Polat
Really Disappointed I can't use them both together, these are two flagship djtt products you would expect they would.
Yea.. Because of this, I sold my MF. But to later realize, the Reverb and T3 Delay are missing on the Vci400-EGE mapping (which I use most).

I wish they could either put more jog fx instead of having the cues and loops at the bottom since there's already a mode on the pad up on top of the VCI-400 controller or vice versa; more dedicated effects for the pad in replacement of the cues/slicer/grid.

Would be nice if the VCI-400 EGE mapping could have all the effects on the fly that Traktor Pro 2 supports. Slicer and Grid is cool and all but I won't ever use this in a Hollywood club in front of 1400 people.
Petio Petev
Just got round to plugging in the midi fighter pro beatmasher along side the vci400 ege, mainly to get a dedicated echo freeze, but the two will not function together full stop. When using jog fx soon as u touch the jog wheel the pitch rises with every twist of the jog wheel I tried all ways of importing both mappings but to no avail. My 128bpm song rose to 190bpm with a just a few jog rotations, if i delete the mfp mapping the problem disappears. (i used the 4 deck focus beatmasher mapping)

The dedicated echo freeze will work though with any of the the jog fx applied which is promising for a future mapping for a dedicated echo freeze for the vci400ege.
Ethel Saracco
@ flashflooder. Ya great tutorial video! Loving my EGE and this amazing mapping. Not sure if anyone else has suggested it yet, but how about Shift + volume knobs to control the individual filters on the sample decks. Also Shift + sample load/mute buttons to re-cue the samples. Any chance of adding a toggle mode that would allow you to use the pitch or volume faders for FX?
robin loo
Originally Posted by grahamfee
Maybe I'm a complete idiot... Maybe I'm not.... I have searched all over Google DJTT and can not find an answer. I have two issues with my EG VCI-400:

1) The faders do not work. I have sound from all the channels and all over channel strip functions work. Just not the faders.
2) I have no control over the Cue volume (..or Mix and Aux as well)

I've used Traktor for some time and although I'm not a novice, I'm not a pro either.

There were a few posts with pics and I tried all of those. No luck. I'm suck...
check your output routing. set it to internal
robin loo
great tutorial flashflooder.. one question.. there is no mapping for previewing a track or is there?

i'm still on a normal vci, just want to know, when the upgrade kit is coming out

Sandee Ziehmer
Maybe I'm a complete idiot... Maybe I'm not.... I have searched all over Google DJTT and can not find an answer. I have two issues with my EG VCI-400:

1) The faders do not work. I have sound from all the channels and all over channel strip functions work. Just not the faders.
2) I have no control over the Cue volume (..or Mix and Aux as well)

I've used Traktor for some time and although I'm not a novice, I'm not a pro either.

There were a few posts with pics and I tried all of those. No luck. I'm suck...
Shu Dietiker
has anyone been able to usefully use the grid & slicer function? i'm not sure how to use it in a setup accurately as I usually use the 8 cues, loops and samples... whats ur ideas of using them?

i have a few stuff songs i used them with but still didnt 100% figure out yet which routine....
Shu Dietiker
Originally Posted by sidetrakd
What version of traktor are you using. I had similar problems when I used it with 2.0.3 but everything is perfect with 2.1.2
sry bout the delay. yeah you were right with the traktor versions. i had same version running on all my macs. after the update all went well.
Marcie Becke
VCI-400 EGE & MIDI FIGHTER INSTANT GRATIFICATION CONFLICT:

Hey guys, I believe there is a conflict when using the VCI-400 EGE and a midi fighter with the instant gratification mapping. The problem for me is the super combos, especially the one described in the explanation video that adds a "Transpose" when all beatmashers are pressed. I believe the problem is that the jog FX on the 400 remove the transpose effect in FX bank 3. So, the first time you use the super combo, you get a major issue as it tries to set the Transpose effect AND execute it.

The result is that all your audio goes deep and screwy (no other way to describe it). The only way out is to do the super combo again. Once you do that, the Transpose effect is set and everything is ok, UNTIL you use jog FX again, then problem returns. Give it a try and let me know if you have any suggestions. I use this combo A LOT!!!

Stoked!!!
Taina Draffin
Hi guys,

I finally had a chance to play with the VCI 400 EG and had alot of fun. What a powerful controller. Love this baby. However, I do have one issue: Once a track has been "sync" and then I try to use the pitch fader to fine tune the pitch control, the pitch will suddenly reduce the bpm by about 2% or so. This is crazy and not sure why the software pitch is not matching up with the controller's pitch fader position. For your information, I have reset all pitch fader position with the software pitch position with the "Shift" key. I also have play with the "Set Tempo Range To" percentage from 100% to 50% to 12% to 8% and regardless of the percentage, the pitch control is not mirroring each other properly between the software and the VCI 400 EG controller. Any suggestions to correcting this issue. Thank you in advance for your help.
Joya Masi
Hey guys, just joined the community . Got my VCI 400 EGE over the weekend and had a few hours to play with it. Previously used VCI 300 + VFX 1 with Serato, and like many am a first time user of Traktor.

Everything is running smoothly, after (a) importing the mapping twice and (b) adjusting sensitivity of jog dials. Also (c) holding shift and resetting pitch faders is key, I thought I had a faulty unit at first lol! I have to say, I've never had so much fun playing around with FX, grids etc, kudos for putting this product in our hands! Can't wait to test it out in front of 300 ppl this weekend!

I look forward to the EG video explaining the mapping. I like the idea of the dedicated echo-freeze, I also have issues re-setting my FX after using jog FX (which are amazing btw!) and would like a short cut. I have not had a chance to play with the sampler much but looks like that section needs tweaking. Otherwise, PROPS DJTT & EG!!!!
Petio Petev
FEATURE REQUEST DEDICATED ECHO FREEZE:

Echo freeze is a great way to transition mixes, but with he current mapping the only access to it is via the jogfx layer setting, which means if you are using one of the other jog fx at that particular point of your mix you have to switch buttons (and your current jog effect off) to instigate the echo which is awkward and you need lightning reactions to make it work.

Having had a midifighter pro for a long time it is great to have the dedicated echo button just to hit at any point it means whatever effect you are layering on at that moment remains on and unaffected and it creates some amazing mix trail offs.

Is it possible to assign a dedicated echo freeze to say to a press down of FX DRY/WET press buttons at the top left and right of the unit, so if you are getting busy with the jog fx you can push that and the echo freeze kicks in?

What would be even more cool is if you could adjust the echo length with the dry wet button pressed still and twist it to make adjustments.
Hunter Renslow
Originally Posted by moey2k2001
Hi guys

Here are a few things that are not working by me. I have tried this on different computers and the problem seem to me to be form the TSI file. Please let me know if you're also having these problems.

--- Upper Control:
*small buttons don't seem to trigger samples more than once.
*when clicking loop with the mouse in the sample slot, the key of the loop changes
*LEDs light up after pressing FX1/FX2 although samples not playing. Plus samples are not playable.
--- Load Buttons
*loading into sample slot does not seem to load right. somehow it loads into random slots
--- Browse Section
*entering browse section with the encoder automatically activates the search
--- Scratch Mode
*scratch mode does not seem to work. activating it or turning it off does not seem to do anything

Thanks.

MOE
What version of traktor are you using. I had similar problems when I used it with 2.0.3 but everything is perfect with 2.1.2
Shu Dietiker
Hi guys

Here are a few things that are not working by me. I have tried this on different computers and the problem seem to me to be form the TSI file. Please let me know if you're also having these problems.

--- Upper Control:
*small buttons don't seem to trigger samples more than once.
*when clicking loop with the mouse in the sample slot, the key of the loop changes
*LEDs light up after pressing FX1/FX2 although samples not playing. Plus samples are not playable.
--- Load Buttons
*loading into sample slot does not seem to load right. somehow it loads into random slots
--- Browse Section
*entering browse section with the encoder automatically activates the search
--- Scratch Mode
*scratch mode does not seem to work. activating it or turning it off does not seem to do anything

Thanks.

MOE
Xiomara Woolworth
got my controller yesterday and its working perfectly. couple things from the s4 i would like to see in an update for the vci400:

1. shift + sample buttons = resets sample, hit twice and the sample spot is cleared
2. shift + play = restart track
3. shift + sync = makes track master

amazing job with this controller and mapping. it is truly the controllerist's controller for those who know what they want.
Taina Draffin
It would be awesome for Ean Golden to hold a special one day tutorial / clinic session in SF or LA for all current Vestrax VCI 400 EG edition owner. I am sure this one day will really empower all of us currently EG 400 edition owner with so much additional knowledge with this powerful controller.
Taina Draffin
Zonta,

Make sure your "Audio Setup" in preference is set to VCI 400 not Built In. Then make sure your "Output Routing" has been set as follow: "Mixing Mode" set at Internal, "Output Monitor" Monitor L and Monitor R and "Output Master" Output L and Output R, Then you will need to plug your VCI 400 unit from the 1/2 cable to your monitor speakers for main master output audio. You should have sound by now. Remember, the nice thing about the VCI - 400 is the duo headphone cue mode: Cue/Monitor all in one knob. This allow you to either only listen to your monitor only or blend both monitor and current played master track by adjusting your cue/monitor knob. You also have an independent monitor volume level know which is very nice. Good luck.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy