VC-100 not even sending out MIDI Data for certain buttons?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VC-100 not even sending out MIDI Data for certain buttons?Reply
VC-100 not even sending out MIDI Data for certain buttons?
Posted on: 26.09.2011 by Reina Podrebarac
To begin with, here are the specs
Firmware 1.2 or 1.2 (OLD! I know, but I don't own a windows and havent really ever felt a need to upgrade)
Using Traktor Pro (old again, but not seeing a terribly desperate reason to upgrade yet)
VCI-100 with Traktor Pro Mapping 2 and the matching overlay.

OK so the issue is not with Traktor, not with the firmware (I dont believe it is?), its just when a press certain buttons on the VCI-100 (on the left hand side, there is the SHIFT button to exit the browse mode,and the right hand cue button, and the button to change with FX bank you are controlling) sometimes just dont even send out signals. I know this because there is a little tiny red light that has the label "data" on my overlay. When I press these buttons, this buttong DOES NOT light up, implying no data is being sent out?

Has this happened to anyone else? Ive had the controller for maybe almost 2 years? And have NEVER put it to ANY abuse that may have caused those problems.

I dont believe this is a firmware problem?

Oh, and to make things more complicated, sometimes the buttons do work for 5 minutes or so, then sometimes they dont work at all.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Reina Podrebarac
To begin with, here are the specs
Firmware 1.2 or 1.2 (OLD! I know, but I don't own a windows and havent really ever felt a need to upgrade)
Using Traktor Pro (old again, but not seeing a terribly desperate reason to upgrade yet)
VCI-100 with Traktor Pro Mapping 2 and the matching overlay.

OK so the issue is not with Traktor, not with the firmware (I dont believe it is?), its just when a press certain buttons on the VCI-100 (on the left hand side, there is the SHIFT button to exit the browse mode,and the right hand cue button, and the button to change with FX bank you are controlling) sometimes just dont even send out signals. I know this because there is a little tiny red light that has the label "data" on my overlay. When I press these buttons, this buttong DOES NOT light up, implying no data is being sent out?

Has this happened to anyone else? Ive had the controller for maybe almost 2 years? And have NEVER put it to ANY abuse that may have caused those problems.

I dont believe this is a firmware problem?

Oh, and to make things more complicated, sometimes the buttons do work for 5 minutes or so, then sometimes they dont work at all.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Zana Sobotka
im having this same problem.. somebody helpppp
Reina Podrebarac
Has this happened to anyone else? It is getting really, really frustrating seeing as I can't afford another controller right now.

Now it's even sending out signals that I am in FADER more or JUGGLE mode when Im not? (I.e. the the very small black knobs on the top right are NOT triggered my controller still goes into fader mode, so I can't use the jog wheels to actually change the tempo because they just try to change the effects even when I don't want them too? Maybe can change mapping for this but can't figure what I need to change for that?) Any help appreciated!
Reina Podrebarac
Can anyone please help with us? The buttons are starting to vary on which ones do and do not work.

Now the jog wheels arent even sending out MIDI data?!?!?! Nooooo pleaseeeeeee dont fail me my trusty VCI-100!!!!

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy