VCi-100SE Mappings (Older Versions)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCi-100SE Mappings (Older Versions)Reply
VCi-100SE Mappings (Older Versions)
Posted on: 01.03.2010 by
These mappings are for those that cant use our newest Traktor 3_0 Mappings.

Traktor PRO 1.0 - 1.2

Downloads are attached to this post
The Video Demonstration for these mapping can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWl79ae6fkM

Traktor 3

Download the TKS file

Watch the Video Tutorial
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Pedrotax
That's the one I was talking about, that means your firmware is 1.3 and the TSI is therefore a 2.5 you can find it here, below the video.
Fixed. 1.2 is stock FW, old version SEs came with 1.3.
Phebe Stroy
Is there any way to adapt this mapping to traktor pro 2.1 and firmware 1.4? I just purchased a vci-100 and it came with this original overlay. Like a dummy I di not look close enough before applying it and now I figure I would try this overlay mapping before I sink any more cash into it.

Traktor 2.1
firmware 1.4
Antique overlay
Lael Blacke
Did DTT sell silver overlays without text/tags on? I found one on eBay wich is described to be a rare original DTT version. I haven't Seen it before.
Cheryle Mcallan
Has anyone got the old Tsi files from the 2.2 or 2.3 mapping from a while back, Ive just dusted off my old gear and cant get goin because I dont have the FW updater anymore and I cant use the new mappings from DJTT. I used to like the old workflow with the jogwheel effects etc. has anyone got a copy they could send me?

Cheers

G
Lesia Fello
Any resolution on the 2_2 vs 2_5 deal?

Did Ean get back to you Pauli on the 2_2 Availability?
Lizabeth Peight
I dont believe so man I believe you've been misinformed! The upgrade kit never touches the mac, you use it on the VCI, so if there WAS a problem it would be a firmware, not hardware issue, but i believe you're fine dude, and should just do it unless anyone else on the community has specifically had a problem.
Shante Lemense
I guess i have to sell my VCI-100 and buy a VCI-100SE from DJTT to be able to use it with my mac....
Shante Lemense
I read somewhere that the FW upgrade chip is only compatible with Windows. Im on a mac so it looks like the FW chip is not an option for me..... Is DJTT coming out with a Mac compatible chip? I would believe they would be mac compatible being that there are a ton of musicians using mac...... /head-scratch
Lizabeth Peight
i'd be VERY surprised if you had FW1.1 only the very oldest models have that, it is far more likely that you have 1.2 however, even with 1.2 I believe you will struggle to find a mapping that would be in any way satisfactory for you in terms of feedback and resolution and would highly recommend you get hold of a firmware kit and upgrade to 1.4. 1.3 you could probably get away with, but 1.2? no chance!
Shante Lemense
I have traktorpro 2.0.1 and vci-100 with i beleive FW 1.1. Can i even use these mappings or do i need to get FW 1.2 before they will work?
Zetta Radlinger
fitzyp,

that is for mapping 2_2 not 2.5, only problem is it has been removed from the site for some reason. watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWl79...layer_embedded
I have pm'd ean to try to get ahold of it
Isaias Cunio
Hey Ean, since importing these tsi. files i no longer get any sound from traktor except a piano sound when i press play, any ideas?
Letitia Volman
Guys, i am struggling with this and need some serious assistance. Well no so serious, but its a little frustrating.

I have t-pro 1.2.4 and i am using a vci running the 1.2 fw. I cant get it right. when i import a 2.5 tsi the volume knob (top right ) opens up decks c and d.

Also the play button does not work, i can get tracks to start with the slice button.

Also i have the vci-100 se overlay. Any help would be appreciated. I am getting a head ache.

What tsi do i need?
EDIT : Also i didnt order from DJTT , i got my own vci, and i am not exactly sure what fw it is.
So Francis
does this work with firmware 1.1?
Chuck Intravia
hmmm, seems I should stick what I have now
Tatum Ansaldo
high res bizniz. I believe there are earlier versions of mapping 3 for firmware 1.3 around, just not sure where.
Chuck Intravia
Right, my bad. Didn't look at the picture too closely...

Still 2.5 for full support?

Although 1.2 may support the newest mapping, what will not work? and what will?

I'd really like to get those fx banks, starting to feel limited with two sets of effects...
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Pedrotax
That's the one I was talking about, that means your firmware is 1.3 and the TSI is therefore a 2.5 you can find it here, below the video.
Fixed. 1.2 is stock FW, old version SEs came with 1.3.
Chuck Intravia
That's the one I was talking about, that means your firmware is 1.2 and the TSI is therefore a 2.5 you can find it here, below the video.

Lucky you got that overlay!
Have fun.
Ned Somerset
hey was wondering which tsi file matches this overlay. Haven't seen a picture of this overlay anywhere. also would anybody know the firmware version?
Chuck Intravia
Alright got it now and indeed it is 1.2 and therefore, 2.5 tsi.

Hope that helps. Oh and btw, if anyones has a jpeg of the old layout, it would be very helpful as the old overlay is not sold anymore; I might print it myself...
Chuck Intravia
First good job for this site! This is a mine of information and I believe you started a new religion with those VCI's...

Starting with me ordering a 2nd hand VCI-100 black.
It's probably a 1.2 since it wasn't bought from DJ TT and I doubt the previous user updated it.

My issue is, I have Traktor Pro 1.2.6 and a 1.2 firmware, and therefore I downloaded the most recent v.3.6.4 tsi folder you posted. This contains mappings for 1.3's and 1.4's, but not for 1.2's as you announce in the description. Does that mean I would need to install the old mapping 2.5 in order to make it fully work? Which I don't mind, I'd just like to know asap so I don't install a mapping that would mess up at the wrong moment, gig on Fri

Thx for all the help with the articles and keep it goin!!
Leta Windmiller
and this one. both videos show the same overlay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWl79...feature=relmfu

i reaally wanna find this if its out there. otherwise i need to get a new overlay and or write my own tks. i dont wanna that badly. cheers
Leta Windmiller
by video i mean this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znUwbqczWIg

i have this overlay. and cannot find a tks that matches.. ????
Leta Windmiller
i have the same overlay as ean golden from the video on you tube. with firmware upgrade 1.4 i believe. runnin traktor pro. on a pc. cannot for the life of me find the tks file that matches this overlay. is that possible. can someone help me out with this. been lookin for it casually for this past year! keep believein the next one will do it. hehe. please help. thanks..
Leeanna Ayla
You can flash to 1.4 and change the mapping to take advantage of the higher resolution stuff. Midifidler posted a tsi that had just the barebones to take advantage of new firmware.

http://djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=21391
Letha Marcelino
Hi there,

is there any point in me upgrading to firmware version 1.4 when I have to use the 2.5 mapping for Traktor Pro since I have an older overlay? The one featured in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWl79ae6fkM

Thanks for your help!

J.
Shaniqua Runels
hi there....

i bought an used vci 100 (i believe its firmware 1) i use the latest demo of traktor pro 1.2.4 but what mapping i have to use now? i tried all of these but something is wrong. i ordered the latest overlay also. i hope i can use it on my vci. or should i upgrade my vci before?

thanks from germany
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by 10thousand
Can you post the recent tsi mapping file that had the glitch fix with it? Please, my vci 100se will not pause when i hit the play button.
The current 3.6.3 mapping on the mappings page has changed the way the play button works. I believe you want the tsi in post 13 in this thread. That gets the play button back to the way it was and keeps all the benefits of the new 1.4 firmware.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...t=18333&page=2
Seth Whittman
Can you post the recent tsi mapping file that had the glitch fix with it? Please, my vci 100se will not pause when i hit the play button.
Ngan Inslee
Thanks very much for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to work out how to import a TKS file into Traktor Pro (there are conflicting reports as to whether it can be done) but I appreciated the prompt help nonetheless. Very glad to know there's such a great community service in the form of this message board.

The gig went very well. It was just a gallery/showroom thing for a home design studio so I didn't need to play any dance music, but I was afraid things might get crazy by the end of the evening and wanted to be prepared, hence my panicked post. Despite my mismatched VCI-100SE overlay and TSI file, the crossfader and sync button functions remained consistent so I was able to get away with everything I needed to. (setlist can be found here)

I haven't DJ'd in ages, which is why I'd missed the updates to the overlay and software. Frankly, I'd been considering selling my VCI-100SE but I believe I'll make all the latest updates to the overlay and firmware and see what happens. Vestax's Apple Store-exclusive controller is probably plenty good for my needs if I continue to do gigs of this more relaxed nature.

Thanks again, Phil!
Corine Kasman
@Khouri
Hi and welcome to the community s.

That overlay is definitely for Traktor 3, as it matches the one on page 1 of this thread. The TKS file for it is in a link right under the picture of the overlay, and I believe TKS are still importable in Traktor Pro (don't shoot me if I'm wrong). So you can try this.

For a more recent TSI, I suggest you get a new overlay. This won't help you for tomorrow though. Also, you should always update you Traktor to the newest version, we are at 1.2.6 now.

For the firmware, if you bought the VCI from DJTT in 2009, I believe it should have 1.3 in it.

Let us know how you get on, or if you have any more questions.

Phil.
Ngan Inslee
I've read this thread and many others and I cannot seem to find the answer to my problem. Sincere apologies if it is glaringly obvious, but this is confusing and I've become desperate.

I have an older VCI-100SE, bought from DJTT in 2009. I'm unable to determine the firmware version using any of the methods suggested; nothing happens. Attached is a photo so that the mods and other experts can see exactly what overlay version I'm using.

What I need is the mapping file for Traktor Pro 1.2.4 that syncs up with this overlay. The two files available at the top of the thread are not doing it for me. The loop buttons are all wrong, for example. Is there a mapping file for this version of the overlay for Traktor Pro? When I got this I believe we were still in Traktor DJ Studio 3 but that quit working after my Snow Leopard upgrade.

Please help, tomorrow is my first gig in ages.
Sage Shinholster
Hi, I'm from argentina and new in the community . I can`t download de tsi. Someone can upload to megaupload o something similar?? thanks

Pablo
Gerry Mitra
Wow. OK, I figured it out. It was loading some previous version of TSP...not 1.2.6 at all. I wondered why things were looking so off! Thanks for the patient advice.
Corine Kasman
Are you using the big import button at the bottom of the preferences window (I believe you are)? If so try using the small import button in Controller Settings, just to get the VCI part in. Then you may have to manually set-up the rest of the preferences as they have changed at 1.2.4.

Maybe someone else knows why 1.2.6 does not like pre-1.2.4 TSIs. If not we can ask Karlos to find out next week when he's back.

Phil.
Gerry Mitra
Phil, I was able to download the old 2.4 and 2.5 .tsi files, but they still don't import into TSP with the ability to bring in the settings I need. This is weird. I can only imagine it's a 1.2.6 TSP/SL issue.
Corine Kasman
Click Mappings in the header, then OlderV2Mapping on that page. It will take you to a community thread that has 2.4 and 2.5 attached.

Let us know if this helps.

Phil.
Gerry Mitra
I have the old 2.5 and 2.4 mappings, but traktor 1.2.6, which I had to download in order to re-install TSP on my new MBP (for some reason it couldn't find its directories, wouldn't load, etc. post migration from old MBP), which is running OS 10.6.4.

When I try to import the .tsi, it doesn't give me the option to bring in MIDI mapping, just GUI, EFX and All other.

Is this a Snow Leopard issue, or a TSP 1.2.6 issue, or both, or neither?

I also could not locate the old mappings on the site to re-download and try again; the link appears broken...

Very puzzled. Any help appreciated, thanks.
Kimberlee Christinson
is there a tsi that works with the overlay i have right now... ?

thanks,

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy