MF Pro Cue Master with S4

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Pro Cue Master with S4Reply
MF Pro Cue Master with S4
Posted on: 25.06.2011 by Carson Cadieux
Hello to Everyone!!!

I am an experienced DJ and producer but am just getting into using controllers for DJing. After much research on this site (which I absolutely love BTW) I decided to buy the following (all from DJTT's aside from the MAC):

- New 15" Macbook Pro 2.2GHZ, etc..
- Kontrol S4
- Midi Fighter Pro Cue Master ("CMS")

Having now received all of these items I am going to set about this weekend to get going on this new endeavor. I have spent significant time exploring the community s and I now know where information lies for some of the more complex problems, however, for a beginner, it is surprisingly hard to find answers to simple questions.

Mostly: What is the best way to get going and use my S4 with the CMS? Specifically:

- Can I use the version of tractor that comes with the S4 and successfully integrate the CMS (updated in NI update manager of course)?

- From reading the community I get the impression I should export my settings and then run the mapping for the CMS. I was just not sure if this applied in my situation. Will any of the S4 settings be overridden when I import the CMS mapping.

If you can steer me in a general direction to get going, even if that means providing links to other community posts that would be very helpful!

I am excited to explore all of the possibilities. I am coming from a sampling/producing background so I have lots of ideas to explore.

Thank you DJTT's for everything! The build quality of my custom CMS is stellar!! And thanks to all that provide input on the community , truly invaluable.

Best, Shea
Carson Cadieux
Hello to Everyone!!!

I am an experienced DJ and producer but am just getting into using controllers for DJing. After much research on this site (which I absolutely love BTW) I decided to buy the following (all from DJTT's aside from the MAC):

- New 15" Macbook Pro 2.2GHZ, etc..
- Kontrol S4
- Midi Fighter Pro Cue Master ("CMS")

Having now received all of these items I am going to set about this weekend to get going on this new endeavor. I have spent significant time exploring the community s and I now know where information lies for some of the more complex problems, however, for a beginner, it is surprisingly hard to find answers to simple questions.

Mostly: What is the best way to get going and use my S4 with the CMS? Specifically:

- Can I use the version of tractor that comes with the S4 and successfully integrate the CMS (updated in NI update manager of course)?

- From reading the community I get the impression I should export my settings and then run the mapping for the CMS. I was just not sure if this applied in my situation. Will any of the S4 settings be overridden when I import the CMS mapping.

If you can steer me in a general direction to get going, even if that means providing links to other community posts that would be very helpful!

I am excited to explore all of the possibilities. I am coming from a sampling/producing background so I have lots of ideas to explore.

Thank you DJTT's for everything! The build quality of my custom CMS is stellar!! And thanks to all that provide input on the community , truly invaluable.

Best, Shea
Carson Cadieux
Thanks for the responses guys!!

So far I have just stuck to the S4 to get that going. It has been rock solid and easy to set up and learn. Ean's video is great and I have watched it twice. I will let you know how the CM setup goes.

Thanks again!
Leeanna Ayla
That pretty much sums it up. To add the S4 again you can click on add>Traktor>Kontrol S4>Default and that will load the default mapping again without having to turn it on and off again.
Merry Piesik
Welcome Shea. I recently did the same thing as you... bought a MBP, S4, and a Cue Master and wondered how to get going as well.

This is how I did it based on what I've read/learned here:

Once you have both your midi fighter and s4 plugged into your mbp via usb ports, export your s4/traktor settings by using the export button at the bottom of the preferences section.

Then hit the import button at the bottom of the preferences page. Select the TSI file you should have already downloaded from this community , make sure all options are selected, then import them.

For some reason you need to do that a second time. At that point, go under the controller manager tab and select cue master for both the in and out ports for the cue master device. Dependent on the mapping/TSI file there might be multiple "devices" listed that apply to the cue master. Make sure you select the cue master in/out ports for any of these.

At this point, your cue master should be working. Now you'll prob. notice that your s4 doesn't work. No worries, just exit traktor and unplug your s4 then plug it back in and start traktor up again.

It should be working now. You might have to check your cue master in/out ports again.

I'm still pretty new at this so I might be doing something wrong, but I find that I have to unplug my CM fairly often or reassign the in/out ports to get it to work. Kind of a pain, but it's only minor troubleshooting.

As for your exported traktor/s4 settings, I've tried to go back in and import them after the cue master installation, but haven't been very successful.

So far I've only made a few traktor changes, so it's not that hard to go back in and change them.

Hope this helps! It's funny I'm giving advice on something a few weeks ago I was searching for answers on this community Good luck

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy