MIDI Fighter cases: What would you guys like to see?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MIDI Fighter cases: What would you guys like to see?Reply
MIDI Fighter cases: What would you guys like to see?
Posted on: 25.01.2013 by Latoria Kavulich
Here is my 3D beside the UDG A6 hardcase (Does not quite fit).

Something like this? OR different. Give us your thoughts ..

Karole Benningfield
Originally Posted by Koopa Kid
Love it Have you actually tried sticking a Midi Fighter in that case? Does it fit?
Sorry for the late response! Yes, the MF3D fits perfectly in this case. Because of the feet, theres just enough space to put your cable under the unit. The other Midifighters will have more space due to the lack of feet. Here are some pictures:

IkeaMF3D1.jpgIKEAMF3D2.jpgIKEAMF3D3.jpg

It's a nice solution for throwing your MF3D into your GigBag while minimizing the chance of damaging the unit. I like the small footprint of the case, too!

Originally Posted by dj stifffy
"Quick guys, we have a mixing emergency!! GRAB ME MY MIDI FIGHTER!!!!"
Now let's hope Native Instruments are enabling midi-mapping for the Traktor Dj app and you can face the mix-emergencies everywhere
Loralee Erban
midi fighter case_1.jpg

Quick drawing of the rough idea. would be VERY easy to do with a plastic mould, even different colour options to match the midi fighter with the MF logo embedded on the top.

**edit** didn't realise how small the pic would be.... the top is to store your USB cable... the over all height would be around 90mm so around 3.6 inches.
Kristofer Krauel
I would like to see something like a "deck saver" personally... I remember when I got one of my first controllers a hercules mp3 e2 and it came with this plastic lid... when placed on, the lid raised it to the same height as my analogue mixer so something like this for the midi fighter would be nice.
Great idea!! Pretty simple too surely??
Loralee Erban
Originally Posted by clockwise
Hello all,

I discovered something at IKEA last week and I want to share it with you:

This case is perfect for the Midifighters - as a first-aid midi-controller

Hope this was useful
Jacklyn Wolgamott
Hello all,

Hope this was useful
Love it Have you actually tried sticking a Midi Fighter in that case? Does it fit?
Mira Sabia
Thanks for the great tip...there's an Ikea down the road from me. I'd been hoping to find a good case solution for the past few months that was small and compact. Think i'll run there tomorrow and grab one of those Cheers
Karole Benningfield
Originally Posted by Koopa Kid
Sorry for the late response! Yes, the MF3D fits perfectly in this case. Because of the feet, theres just enough space to put your cable under the unit. The other Midifighters will have more space due to the lack of feet. Here are some pictures:

IkeaMF3D1.jpgIKEAMF3D2.jpgIKEAMF3D3.jpg

It's a nice solution for throwing your MF3D into your GigBag while minimizing the chance of damaging the unit. I like the small footprint of the case, too!

Now let's hope Native Instruments are enabling midi-mapping for the Traktor Dj app and you can face the mix-emergencies everywhere
Maryalice Grauberger
That's a great design, really dig it. Come on DJTT we want a midi fighter case guys!
Loralee Erban
midi fighter case_1.jpg

Quick drawing of the rough idea. would be VERY easy to do with a plastic mould, even different colour options to match the midi fighter with the MF logo embedded on the top.

**edit** didn't realise how small the pic would be.... the top is to store your USB cable... the over all height would be around 90mm so around 3.6 inches.
Emelina Chillson
If you release one with an all vinyl case (grooves and all) I will pick it up in a heartbeat. Would be twice as awesome with LED feedback and a few encoders.
Kristofer Krauel
I would like to see something like a "deck saver" personally... I remember when I got one of my first controllers a hercules mp3 e2 and it came with this plastic lid... when placed on, the lid raised it to the same height as my analogue mixer so something like this for the midi fighter would be nice.
Great idea!! Pretty simple too surely??
Latoria Kavulich
^ now that would be sweet!
Loralee Erban
Loralee Erban
Hello all,

Hope this was useful
Jacklyn Wolgamott
Hello all,

Hope this was useful
Karole Benningfield
Hello all,

Hope this was useful
Maryalice Grauberger
Whats going on with this? Any progress on getting something out?
Latoria Kavulich
sweet. great work there
An Boldosser
ok, so first and foremost I just want to say that these are for my own personal use, I am in NO WAY trying to mass produce or sell anything I have posted. with that said, here are the pics of my latest creations...

I used DARK t-shirt transfer to make logos to put on the cases, one for the Spectra, the other for the MF3D

I believe little cases like this could sell in the stores, $10 or so?

the straight edge cutter worked out good

thought i'd share some creativity to those looking for ideas on side projects.

but i'd still prefer a nice, form fitting hard case that the MF can sit on top and it levels it with the mixer/tables/controller
An Boldosser
ok, so here's my latest find, I might actually buy another one since I have a Spectra and a 3D, give my old cases to my friend.

I was at this little dj lighting shop here in KC that I've been to time and time again and they have some killer deals, while I was there out of the corner of my eye I spot this little gem of a bag, the Arriba AC-50. Here are some pics on it, and my review of it.

I placed the USB cable on top to show how its carried with the dual handles, there IS room to place the cable inside of the bag if desired.

its got a dual zipper enclosure that opens from the top

plenty of padded space on the inside to secure the Spectra, I used the Spectra as its slightly larger than the 3D in length/width

with it in side the bag, and outside of the bag

the way it opens the front can be opened perfectly to take in and out the Midi Fighter

the bottom feels slightly stiff but either way its padded fairly well on the inside

so end of the review. I bought the bag at $8.99 USD which I feel is completely fair, I probably would have spent $10 USD for a Midi Fighter logo stitched on it.

Pros: nicely padded, well form fitting bag, I like the dual zipper open top, I like the dual carry handles, exterior is firm but not too stiff, seems to be made well and durable, inside zippers have protectors to not scratch the midi fighter.

Cons: a top/bottom pocket for the cable would be a nice addition or a padded insert that velcros on the sides to stash the usb cable so it doesn't scratch the Midi Fighter. the bottom isn't AS stiff as I would like. doesn't have the over all stiffness or height to be level with a set of tables as a lot of people would like.

overall, its a great and useful bag to protect your investment, and it can be used for multiple things if later DJTT releases Midi Fighter cases (lasers, cables, mics, maybe even headphones)
An Boldosser
per request...

as long as the inside is 6x6 2 inch tall it should fit the MF spectra, i put my MF3D in it since it sits taller, it fits with plenty of room to spare, so i might try to find one thats slightly thinner (2 1/2)
An Boldosser
got the feet from Lowe's, but i was actually wanting black rubber feets with a hole in them, i was going to back the original screws out and slide the feets in and screw it back together, but i couldnt find any feets... then i saw some at home depot today, weren't as tall as i was wanting, kind of big around, but they could work. i seem to have better luck finding odd stuff at ACE hardware, they had some 5 star knobs i bought to replace a broken knob on one of my speaker stands.

as long as the cd case is 6x6 on the inside and atleast 2 inches tall when closed it should work, i'll take some more pictures tomorrow, measured. i believe the case is like 32Digits said, cardboard. i actually have another case i picked up originally for my MF3D but its just a tad too wide and bulky to "toss" in my back pack.

picked it up, and the lower case for my second laptop (and i don't use either anymore) @ harbor freight tools

i actually found a slightly larger case from there that opened up differently and i was able to pack my second laptop, crane stand, both MFs, and powerstrip, cords, cables. it opens at the handle area, which for me is way better, don't have to worry about packing foam so stuff doesnt move around anymore, the foam took up so much room trying to secure everything
Awilda Boggie
Dude I was believeing the same when I was in a music store couple of days ago

tho the ones I've seen look a little bit different: they have also cartboard to the sides so it's more 'hard'

anyway now that I've seen it'd work i'm really considering it too ! =)

thanks for the pictures ^^

PS: where you got the feets from?
Latoria Kavulich
can you get us some plan & side view pics of that case with "exact" dimensions please? thanks

maybe we bulk order a whole bunch of those and slap a djtt logo on the top
An Boldosser

here's what i meant by feet, it sounded kinda off in my previous post, i added feet to the Spectra

not a LOT of hieght gain, but its something

i added some foam to the case, the foam isn't very stiff, i need to find some different kind maybe

and this is what i was talking about for under the unit cable storage, still not firm enough foam.

im sure whatever DJTT puts out will be way better, but this was kind of my idea of what i was hoping they could make.
i believe a plastic, firm fabric, or aluminum case with firmer foam, clam shell design, on hinges with a latch would be good too.

but i built this for under 5 bucks, i had the foam and shoe goo already
An Boldosser
i know its not super fancy, but hey, it works, protect your investment

http://www.microcenter.com/product/2..._CD-DVD_Binder

*note* not all cd wallets are considered equal, take a tape measure with you, maksure the insides are atleast 6x6 and 2 inches or more tall.
An Boldosser
so i was at micro center today and stumbled on this little gem, thought it would work out nicely. these "CD" holders aka "wallets" are getting harder to find

it said "50" cd/dvd capacity, which i laughed when i opened it up and it only had 15 sleeves inside for discs front and back, i guess your supposed to double up? or buy more sleeves? any who, i eneded up gutting it anyways...

the inside measured 6x6, but it being over 2 inch deep i had to give it a shot, and it looks like i even got room to add some foam to the inside. ive added clear square sticky rubber feet i found at my local Lowe's so it sits a little but higher, almost flush with my MF3D, i believe i would still need to add some solid foam sections inside the case to elevate it a little more for storing the USB cable under it.

but for $3.99 i can't complain, i spent $8.99 on the external hd case and it was half the size :/
Latoria Kavulich
cool!
An Boldosser
i have a spectra and a 3d, with the boxes they came in and packing "in mind" i believe a hard style zip case like jester has shown would be ideal or an actual hard case with lid (ata style). both having riser foam in the corners so you can store the USB cable under the unit. now if you had an actual hard ata case w/removeable lid, this could also give it some height /stability. if possible to make an ata case perfectly form fitting and not too bulky
Random X
Originally Posted by botstein
It would be nice to have a case just like the NI bags for X1/F1 - no zippers and a boost to turntable height.
I'm believeing of this, but probably with PVC cover.
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by botstein
It would be nice to have a case just like the NI bags for X1/F1 - no zippers and a boost to turntable height.
This. One for the Spectra, 3D and Classic and one for the Pro. Especially the Pro because of the sliders and knobs. Exact feel and look as the NI cases, obviously just with the DJTT and MidiFighter branding on it.
Ervin Calvery
Latoria Kavulich
Its just a tad too big as the udg case is very rigid, this was with the interior foam removed too.
Awilda Boggie
haha ok

BUMP - I want to know what other people believe ^^

@ jester you said the MF3D doesn't properly sit in the UDG case is this with or without the cable?
Random X
Originally Posted by 32Digits
I suppose you won't share the sketches (if you make them ) or will you?
Well, I want to have a completer set of sketches before I show them. Of course, it's up to the guys at HQ to use them or not.
Random X
Same here about the gigging without a case.

Sleeve would be a nice one as well.
Deangelo Boender
My classic has been in and out of gigs sans-case for a couple of years now. Aside from bits of scuffing on the buttons themselves, it isn't any worse for wear! I would be keen with just a sleeve.
Latoria Kavulich
just did a quick measure up with the 3D and the TA6 hardcase as a model, sits approximately 110mm high. Without the feet (assuming the spectra has the same dimensions otherwise) they would sit flush.

Lillia Datson
A semi hard case (like a sunglasses case) in various colours would be good, with the MF symbol on the front. Maybe a little more room for a metal stand that could be folded into it.
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey guys I actually have a meeting with a textile/pattern designer next week, we will be working on a case which can hold the Classic, 3D, and Spectra.

What are your thoughts on features, style, colors etc?

I would like to make a case which looks as good as the product inside, are you guys down with that or do you want to see something more typically DJ (ie minimal / all black)
Yeah, that sounds great actually

Do you also mean: customizable or not? like in: customize your MF AND your case!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy