SUPERCOMBO's! on the instant gratification mapping

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: SUPERCOMBO's! on the instant gratification mappingReply
SUPERCOMBO's! on the instant gratification mapping
Posted on: 11.02.2011 by Karma Lucha
What are they and could you please post an image (or images) clearly showing what they are because not knowing and not being able to figure it out is really starting to frustrate me

EDIT: The Super Combo List So Far!! Please keep trying to add to it

Combo 1
Transpose Bmash
Press all 4 Bmash buttons triggers a Transpose

Combo 2
Grater LoFi
Press all 4 bottom row buttons in order (left to right)

Combo 3
Bmash F92-LFO Delay Pause
Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then press T3Delay then F90-Lfo

Combo 4
Massive Wash Out Thing
Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then release then hold 3 again then press and hold 4

Combo 5
Reverse Gain That I can only make sound like ass.
Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then press T3Delay then Reverb THEN LoFi
It's meant to trigger Reverse Grain in FX2 which is does but it doesn't turn it on for me

Combo 6
Press and hold in order: Bmash1 (hold), Bmash2 (hold), Bmash3 (hold), F92-LFO (hold), T3Delay (hold)

Originally Posted by HerbStrike
Robert Danno
Originally Posted by kevz718
Hi,

I was able to execute almost all of these so thanks all..

Two questions:
1. The one Im having trouble with is combo 5.. can somebody give more detail?
I press the buttons as follows:
- bmash1(hold), bmash2 (hold), bmash3 (hold), t3delay (hold), reverb (hold), lofi (hold)

I've tried some other variables like not holding but just releasing certain buttons but it doesnt seem to do anything outside of its normal effect. Help?

2. I find that certain combos sometimes trigger a hold whereby i do not need to keep my fingers on the buttons but the effects stay on. Sometimes they stay on without me holding the buttons + other times, the combo seems to stop as soon as I release. Any ideas what might be causing this? For example, I see in that youtube video that towards the beginning of vid, he is able to keep a bunch of buttons lit while his hands are off the MF. I cant seem to do that.. The one in particular that sometimes seems to hold + other times does not is the 'massive wash out thing'..
On that same topic, which of the combos are MEANT to 'lock' or hold in place and which ones are not? I believe that combo5 + 1 are supposed to lock but Im not positive..

Thanks!
Try these instructions.. http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...ight=note+mode
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Justin d
Where is the link?
The link is in video description.
Maryalice Grauberger
Originally Posted by Stewe
Beatmasher+Transpose combo on single button. Check description for link if interested

This trick can make any combo work the same.
Where is the link?
Carola Wyllys
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
I have a beatmasher pro running the BMP&IG mapping in the latest TSP2 and it works just fine. I can do the super combos as well.

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=35661

need to know for classic MF + IG, moving from traktor to traktor 2. ... anyone? please and thanks

Dax
Marisa Nakamura
Originally Posted by zestoi
make sure u use the "big import button" and not the "add>import" so that traktor sets up the effects correctly for the tsi...
oooo ok got it
Robert Danno
Originally Posted by kevz718
Hi,

Two questions:
- bmash1(hold), bmash2 (hold), bmash3 (hold), t3delay (hold), reverb (hold), lofi (hold)

I've tried some other variables like not holding but just releasing certain buttons but it doesnt seem to do anything outside of its normal effect. Help?

2. I find that certain combos sometimes trigger a hold whereby i do not need to keep my fingers on the buttons but the effects stay on. Sometimes they stay on without me holding the buttons + other times, the combo seems to stop as soon as I release. Any ideas what might be causing this? For example, I see in that youtube video that towards the beginning of vid, he is able to keep a bunch of buttons lit while his hands are off the MF. I cant seem to do that.. The one in particular that sometimes seems to hold + other times does not is the 'massive wash out thing'..
On that same topic, which of the combos are MEANT to 'lock' or hold in place and which ones are not? I believe that combo5 + 1 are supposed to lock but Im not positive..

Thanks!
Try these instructions.. http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...ight=note+mode
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Justin d
Where is the link?
The link is in video description.
Maryalice Grauberger
Originally Posted by Stewe
Beatmasher+Transpose combo on single button. Check description for link if interested

Where is the link?
Oma Adels
Thank you!!
Kellie Myrum

Elisha Szweda
Are you guys ever gonna fix the combo that triggers reverse grain? I really wanna hear it.....
Joesph Kasian
hi guys,

Thought I'd bring this back up as I'm sure there is people who want to know how to do the combos since this was last posted on.

I have an issue - the 4th combo will not work at all, no matter what I do - it's annoying the hell out of me haha!

Also, there seems to be another combo which works after I've done 2 - by hitting all 4 third row buttons at one it seems to bend up and down then deck stop (the end is the same as the sound when combo 1 is done) - anyone experienced this before?
Carola Wyllys
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
I have a beatmasher pro running the BMP&IG mapping in the latest TSP2 and it works just fine. I can do the super combos as well.

need to know for classic MF + IG, moving from traktor to traktor 2. ... anyone? please and thanks

Dax
Joselyn Supina

Carola Wyllys
hoping someone with experience can answer:

If i switch to new Traktor (2) and import the TSI for IG for my classic midi fighter.. it wont work?
i read in an earlier post someone suggested IG was only made for previous version of Traktor.

thanks
Edra Olin
One question, do these work for the beamasher pro? cause i keep trying them, but they don't work...or am i doing something wrong?
Xiomara Woolworth
i found it quite easy to pick up. don't believe of it as a video game but more along the lines of feeling out the music and timing your buttons correctly especially when you release the buttons. this is an amazing way to use effects with much more precision. if you are used to using traktor and the effect knobs on say an s4 or vci-100 its an easy and super fun transition. so if difficult just stick with it. sooo much fun.
Marisa Nakamura
i got the 3rd one to work once and i keep doing it to get it again but none of the others are working still
Marisa Nakamura
Originally Posted by zestoi
make sure u use the "big import button" and not the "add>import" so that traktor sets up the effects correctly for the tsi...
oooo ok got it
Rey Holubar
That won't make a difference, because the IG mapping was made for Traktor 1. The effects are wrong, no matter how you import the TSI into Traktor 2.

If you know what you are doing with mapping effects, here are what I believe are the correct effects for the IG mapping. All you have to do is change them.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...21&postcount=4

scamo
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by Gtarbeast97
btw i have the latest firmware and the ig+deckalized mapping
Marisa Nakamura
btw i have the latest firmware and the ig+deckalized mapping
Marisa Nakamura
i tried doing those and the only ones that work are the grater lofi and the transpose beatmash
Hanna Ridenbaugh
just got a midi fighter and having so much fun! can't beleive I did not get one sooner! already want another one lol
Kayce Mesia
Hhhhnnnnggggg-
I'm usually not one to revive somewhat-dead topics, buuuuut...

For starters: There's technically only 5 supercombos. It's in the TSI, and Ean states suchin the video. After much digging through the TSI files and experimentation, I'm sure that these are the five:

#1- Press and hold the 4 Beatmasher buttons in any order (in le video @ 0:10, 0:20, 1:34, 2:31, 3:24, 3:48)

#2- Bottom row of buttons, left to right (1:38, 2:37, 3:16)

#3- BM 1, 2, then 3. Press T3Delay then Filter:92-LFO (2:18)
The T3Delay or F92-L buttons can be pressed in either order, but pressing the T3Delay button first results in the F92-L effect to start at a higher value. Pressing the F92-L button first results in a lower value AND the deck doesn't pause. Pressing the last Beatmasher button will stop the T3Delay and F92-L effects from rising.

#4- BM 1, 2, then press and release BM 3, then hold BM 3, then 4.

#5 - BM 2, 3, T3Delay, Reverb, LoFi.
Beatmashers 1/4 can be pressed before or after 2/3, but 2/3 must be pressed in that order. This one kicks in a reverse grain at the end, but I'm not sure this is the right combo, for it doesn't change the sound much/at all. Anyone found another way to get the modifiers to work for this combo?

Video here if you don't want to hunt for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrNqFXnI_Pg
Cliff Lohman
Thanks! That strings it all together for me somewhat.. will compare some combos to that article.
Tatum Ansaldo
Pretty much. Modifiers can have values of anything from 0 to (i believe) 7, and you can increase them and decrease them in several different ways. For example:

http://www.djranking s.com/2011/02/0...ced-modifiers/
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
A modifier is just a condition, or prerequisite for a command to work. So if I have a cue point mapped to a button with the modifier condition M1=0, it will ONLY work if M1 is 0. This allows you to map multiple commands to the same control without conflicts.

Basically it's how shift buttons work.
So running with that example.. what would M1=0 mean? Is M1 a different button (such as the beatmash1 effect for example)? So if I understand right, that would basically work out as follows:
- Press custom cuepoint button
- Traktor will look to see if the button related to M1 is at a value of 0 (I assume the most common modifier condition might be 0 for off and 1 for on, would that be a fair assumption?)
- If it is off (0 value), the modifier is executed one way
- If it on (1 value), the modifier is executed a different way

Am I following that right?

Thnx
Cliff Lohman
Well I just realized that the answer to the last question in part 2 of my above post is pretty much every effect can be locked by using the top row to hold the FX. Is that right? Seems like I can lock every single effect or supercombo with it.. Sweet!
Tatum Ansaldo
A modifier is just a condition, or prerequisite for a command to work. So if I have a cue point mapped to a button with the modifier condition M1=0, it will ONLY work if M1 is 0. This allows you to map multiple commands to the same control without conflicts.

Basically it's how shift buttons work.
Cliff Lohman
Hi,

Two questions:

Thanks!
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by bartboy
It has to do with the firmware. The only way to get the IG mapping to work is the midifighter must be in 4 banks mode which allows you to send a different note for each button depending on which bank your in. The 4 banks are the top 4 buttons. I'm not sure the exact mapping implications of this. I've tried picking apart the mapping and it can be done if you can get your head around the modifiers. Alot of the "Super Combos" use the same buttons so you need to keep the modifiers correct in order to get the correct combo. I gave up on trying to copy the mapping as I can program a mapping great I have a hard time reverse engineering one.

I do know that the Midifighter Pro and possibly the Midifighter have a better firmware that frees up the modifiers by building in the combo into the hardware rather than the software.
Hi,

I tried to wrap my head around this too.. and Im kind of starting to.. but do you believe you could give me one clear example of how a modifier works.. for example, I see some of the buttons send an M#=#.. whats that doing? Is that just saying, use the effect that traktor references as the #? Is it then fair to say that several 'buttons' are chained together using those variables so each one has to be in a certain place to kick in the current command? Hopefully this makes sense.. but please share just one example of the underlying commands that traktor is using and I'd forever be grateful. Im addicted to this thing after 1 day and want to modify it lol.
Larisa Omoregie
how about:
(all press and hold) reverb, then F92-LFO, then Bmash 4, then Bmash 3, then Bmash 2, then Bmash 1? i thought that one was in the video
Tatum Ansaldo
apparently there are 2 different midi octave systems.
Chasidy Heckenbach
at least i was sort-of-ish on the right track then... the code seemed to imply it was sending out midi 8 for combo-a thru to 12 for combo-e tho i'm not sure how those compare to the combos in the tsi. i guess 8 would be G#-1? i thought that midi 0 was C-2 but seems to be C-1 in traktor. should be interesting to get this coded anyway.
Tatum Ansaldo
no worries, tbh I'm surprised there are only 2! To be fair initially it was done entirely with modifiers so I guess 2 was all they needed to make space for new features or something.
Chasidy Heckenbach
fan-f*cking-tastic thanks a million - that's going to be a great help... damn... now i have no excuse not to write the script then...

cheers for your time to do that - much appreciated
Tatum Ansaldo
Midi notes in decimal, seems there's only 2.

Combo 1
Transpose Bmash
Press all 4 Bmash buttons triggers a Transpose

Combo 2
Grater LoFi
Press all 4 bottom row buttons in order (left to right)

Combo 3
Bmash F92-LFO Delay Pause
Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then press T3Delay then F90-Lfo

None

Combo 4
Massive Wash Out Thing
Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then release then hold 3 again then press and hold 4

Also 9

Combo 5
Reverse Gain That I can only make sound like ass.
Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then press T3Delay then Reverb THEN LoFi
It's meant to trigger Reverse Grain in FX2 which is does but it doesn't turn it on for me

None

Combo 6
Press and hold in order: Bmash1 (hold), Bmash2 (hold), Bmash3 (hold), F92-LFO (hold), T3Delay (hold)
None
Chasidy Heckenbach
ah... if you remind me I can have a look when I get home.
ping... quick reminder tbh i won't have a chance to do the glovepie code for a day or so - but knowing the mf super combo notes will be very useful. i'm also really curious to try out the super combos for myself
Chasidy Heckenbach
ah... if you remind me I can have a look when I get home.
awesome! that would be really appreciated alternatively you could always send me your midifighter and i'll use midi-ox - i'd pay for the postage of course... worth a try

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy